• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Tier 2 Ninja

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I heard somewhere that going into tier 2 adds another skill to the mix

Random Name:
  • Passive. Backstabbing a player will stun them for 1s (no scaling). Once every 45.

Last edited:

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
I heard somewhere that going into tier 2 adds another skill to the mix

Random Name:
  • Passive. Backstabbing a player will stun them for 1s (no scaling). Can only be applied to the same player once every 60s
or just make it a skill, for the next 10 seconds if you hit someone in the back it stuns them for 1s, with a 90s cooldown.

if it could stun multiple players in under 5 seconds people would just stack ninjas and have everyone stunned.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
or just make it a skill, for the next 10 seconds if you hit someone in the back it stuns them for 1s, with a 90s cooldown.

if it could stun multiple players in under 5 seconds people would just stack ninjas and have everyone stunned.
Ok, I'll change it to 1 stun every 45s (on only 1 target)

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
why make it a passive though?
So it corresponds with backstab I suppose. And being able to choose who you stun is much more powerful than something that can happen against anyone. Normally you may want to stun a Wizard but you might end up stunning a warrior with a passive. An active would allow you to choose when you stun, and who you stun.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
So it corresponds with backstab I suppose. And being able to choose who you stun is much more powerful than something that can happen against anyone. Normally you may want to stun a Wizard but you might end up stunning a warrior with a passive. An active would allow you to choose when you stun, and who you stun.
To add onto this, this adds to the whole playstyle of backstabbing. If you can successfully get into range of the person, you are rewarded with a short but sweet stun to keep them there just long enough to get a decent amount of burst off. As it stands right now even if you get behind someone it is way too easy for them to avoid so much of your damage.

EnLight707

Legacy Supporter 2
Agreed with Pew. Right now it's so difficult for Ninja to kill most targets. If they run, sure you can keep backflipping to close the gap, but you'll only get off 1 or 2 autos if you're lucky before they're back on the run again. And knowing Herocraft, you can be damn sure that player is running to 8 other people for backup.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
that is hella op.
1s stun every 45s that requires a backstab and can go off on anyone (you may not want to use the stun on a Paladin). A stun is gonna be strong on Ninja but at least with this the strength of the skill is somewhat 'capped'

Xhazed

Portal
That skill should be in regular ninja, like common its pretty hard to 1v1 any1 as a ninja. The only way for you to win is if you catch them by surprise or if they are a pver that went to pvp by mistake and shit.

macura

Diamond
1s stun every 45s that requires a backstab and can go off on anyone (you may not want to use the stun on a Paladin). A stun is gonna be strong on Ninja but at least with this the strength of the skill is somewhat 'capped'
Is it possible to make the stun duration scale with the armor that the other player is wearing? Idk how hard this would be to do (probably pretty hard), but ninjas have trouble with pallies (pally op) and dk but can absolutely melt casters especially with a tier 2 ninja class that would have even more damage than a normal ninja, especially if casters can't wear gold armor anymore. So would it be possible to make it so that it had a flat like .75 second stun duration so that casters don't get 1 hit if they are stunned and maybe up to a 1.25 or 1.5s stun for the heavy armored targets (iron or diamond armor) like paladins or dks

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Is it possible to make the stun duration scale with the armor that the other player is wearing? Idk how hard this would be to do (probably pretty hard), but ninjas have trouble with pallies (pally op) and dk but can absolutely melt casters especially with a tier 2 ninja class that would have even more damage than a normal ninja, especially if casters can't wear gold armor anymore. So would it be possible to make it so that it had a flat like .75 second stun duration so that casters don't get 1 hit if they are stunned and maybe up to a 1.25 or 1.5s stun for the heavy armored targets (iron or diamond armor) like paladins or dks
I think this would work really well but I don't know if it is possible or not. Maybe @NuclearCouch knows if it is possible to scale a duration based on the armour worn by the enemy

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
I think this would work really well but I don't know if it is possible or not. Maybe @NuclearCouch knows if it is possible to scale a duration based on the armour worn by the enemy
Yeah, pretty sure that's possible. I'd have to think about it more though which I don't feel like doing lol.

johnnjlee

TNT
I think ninjas should have more movement abilities like backflip. In stead of garote, which is almost like kick, there should be a movement ability, like dashing. Smoke should give a movement speed bonus for its duration. Blitz should cause you to move faster for its warmup so it seems more like a blitz. Energize should give you a 10 sec movement speed bonus.