• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Thread 2] The Academy [Honorable Neutral|18]

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I won't! :p This Saturday I'm going up to Camp Hahobas to bring up the gear, go around the camp, etc., because there are the new scouts that haven't been there yet. Pretty sure I'll be gone most of the day... -snip-
This had a last minute change, apparently I'm going over to my church at around 11 AM for paperwork stuff, not 5-something AM to go up to the camp. -.-

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
So, who would like to see an Academy town this coming map?[DOUBLEPOST=1345926469,1345232665][/DOUBLEPOST]A great black seal sits in the ocean waves, woven into the world before it's creation... Within lies a silent void, where kings and thieves and scholars may hide their treasures. This Well of Darkness quiets violent souls and preserves ephemeral relics, it does not heed the march of the clock or the bounds of dimensions. It houses a vast library for the archival of all within and all beyond.

And we could live there, if I can get the support.

Troppics

Legacy Supporter 3
Sounds good. Im down for helping out, but we need to get to work early on the new map if we want to really make an impression :p

<3 Trop

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
A great black seal sits in the ocean waves
MuskegetSeals08-200.jpg

Couldn't resist. :p

Academy town like structure? Sure! But as for an official town, I am a Newerth guy. If we did it like we did with Atlas, you run a town (Instead of Dom), and have it be the Base of Ops for AC stuff. My opinion.

Also, I think we don't need to keep all former members on the list. The Ex-Members list is SO big. Also, pitching ideas for DG map title in Convo. @Dazureus - Might want to get the new one set up soon.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
So, who would like to see an Academy town this coming map?[DOUBLEPOST=1345926469,1345232665][/DOUBLEPOST]A great black seal sits in the ocean waves, woven into the world before it's creation... Within lies a silent void, where kings and thieves and scholars may hide their treasures. This Well of Darkness quiets violent souls and preserves ephemeral relics, it does not heed the march of the clock or the bounds of dimensions. It houses a vast library for the archival of all within and all beyond.

And we could live there, if I can get the support.

I am going to pretty darn busy making my own town in the start of the map, buuuut of course I can lend a hand whenever I have time and once I get settled with Camelot ;)

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
MuskegetSeals08-200.jpg

Couldn't resist. :p

Academy town like structure? Sure! But as for an official town, I am a Newerth guy. If we did it like we did with Atlas, you run a town (Instead of Dom), and have it be the Base of Ops for AC stuff. My opinion.

Also, I think we don't need to keep all former members on the list. The Ex-Members list is SO big. Also, pitching ideas for DG map title in Convo. @Dazureus - Might want to get the new one set up soon.
Great black manhole doesn't sound as cool, though. :p

It would be an actual township. Atlas... was not great. I mean, it was fun being the guy who lived in the ruins, but it was not secure at all. Hamlet status is the future.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Dazureus, why'd you tag Honorary-Folks, too? Also, Alator, you know we'll go ahead and let you be Honorary, still. We, or at least I, <3 you. Plus, we'll say that you're doing it for your Lore, Dragon's Fire. *Cough* ;)

@EtKEnn , this mean you're back?

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Great black manhole doesn't sound as cool, though. :p

It would be an actual township. Atlas... was not great. I mean, it was fun being the guy who lived in the ruins, but it was not secure at all. Hamlet status is the future.
Well, yes. This I recognize. But, I have also become devoted to Newerth's success. So, officially I am there. But with all but the HTTP plug-in, I am Academy town or whatever. When I brought up Atlas, I meant before the Fall of Atlas, the Ring of Power being brought down, the ancient protections fading. Etc.,

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Well, yes. This I recognize. But, I have also become devoted to Newerth's success. So, officially I am there. But with all but the HTTP plug-in, I am Academy town or whatever. When I brought up Atlas, I meant before the Fall of Atlas, the Ring of Power being brought down, the ancient protections fading. Etc.,
Okey dokey.[DOUBLEPOST=1345928911,1345928856][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dazureus, why'd you tag Honorary-Folks, too? Also, Alator, you know we'll go ahead and let you be Honorary, still. We, or at least I, <3 you. Plus, we'll say that you're doing it for your Lore, Dragon's Fire. *Cough* ;)

@EtKEnn , this mean you're back?
It's a new map, things might change. You never know.[DOUBLEPOST=1345929187][/DOUBLEPOST]Additional information:
The town would be politically neutral at all times, unless a majority of residents want to go fight somebody. You can raid and whatnot, but if somebody starts attacking us because of it I will boot you out (temporarily) and let the offended party chew on you for a while.

The town's surface layer will be open to the public. Housing at the Docks may have it's own "district" but we will have space for public shops, plots for other guilds who want to set up a base here and a reputation for being friendly to strangers.

The town would be a big, beautiful building project. We'll make a temporary setup and gather necessary materials, but it'll be worth it after we collect funds and finish the first major component, aka the Well of Darkness. Hoard obsidian.

The town will be divided up into a few major sections:
  • The Seal- The surface-level center of town, and the cap on the Well of Darkness.
  • The Docks- A network of wooden walkways that surround the Seal. Here will be surface plots and a public market area.
  • The Well of Darkness- A massive library that is housed within the Seal. It will serve as the Town Hall and lead down into the Underground.
  • The Underground- an enormous, dark, bedrock-reaching cavern. The library hangs into it like a big chandelier, and scattered within will be floating wooden platforms connected by labyrinthine stairways and bridges, used for plots and other things. Think the Feymarch from Final Fantasy IV DS, but maybe less dense in terms of structures. There's a lot of freedom down here.
  • The Corona- A later-stage addition. A big ring of cloud (snow or white wool) that hovers over the town. Used for higher-end residences.
The town will be steeped in Lore. This is part of the reason I want the construction to be so uncompromising. The other part is that uncompromising structures are the best ones. The Underground in particular will house multiple Lore monuments and whatnot, with relevant books in the library.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I think i'm going to re join the academy this map :). Would I get the zeal title even though I left the academy mid way through this map?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Alliance Requests:
@MajorasMask - Alliance with Tea Creepers? If so, @Dazureus , approval?
@Shadownub - Alliance with WAKA? If so, @Dazureus , approval?

In the upcoming map, the ''Tea Creepers'' will not make an appearance but ''UnderGrowth'' will, still following the same idea, just with a change name (going back to the original idea I had in Zeal).

As for an allience, I currently see no real point in it as alliences arn't worth much. If you wanted one this second, unfortunatly I couldn't give you one because the guild isn't official (we'll need to wait untill the maps release). Remind me about this later on once I have my guild set up! :)

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
In the upcoming map, the ''Tea Creepers'' will not make an appearance but ''UnderGrowth'' will, still following the same idea, just with a change name (going back to the original idea I had in Zeal).

As for an allience, I currently see no real point in it as alliences arn't worth much. If you wanted one this second, unfortunatly I couldn't give you one because the guild isn't official (we'll need to wait untill the maps release). Remind me about this later on once I have my guild set up! :)
Actually, what about making Undergrowth part of the Academy, as it's own distinct branch? I always liked Undergrowth's ideals of fixing up the environment, and that would be something I think guild members would get involved in. If you did join you could basically operate as you do on your own, but with more people, more resources, and more areas to maintain.[DOUBLEPOST=1345941585,1345941344][/DOUBLEPOST]By the by folks, I'm going to need more people than Troppics, Jaif and Haxxn if I'm going to try to set this town up.