• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Thread 2] The Academy [Honorable Neutral|18]

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4

~The Guild~​
The Academy is a guild originally founded in Sanctum by the Wizard Domitius to guide players through the then-new addition of Heroes. Since then we've broadened our scope to include PvP, training, Lore, and server improvement projects as well as general quest-like busywork for our members.​
We primarily use our forum group for guild discussion. Accepted guild members will be invited. Our chat and Teamspeak passwords are distributed in-game only to encourage contact between members.​
~Guidelines~​
Rule Zero: Do NOT break server rules. If you decide to do anything worthy of punishment from the staff, you may be expelled. This includes exploits.​
Rule One: One of the core tenants of the guild is respect. No excessive rage or improper behavior towards anybody on the server at all. You may PvP or steal, but if you can't stay classy don't bother applying.​
- We're a community! We stick together! If you disrespect the guild's property or it's members you can be punished. In the same vein you can come to us if you feel you've been wronged by any player, and we will deal with compensation.​
- When you're with the guild, politics don't matter. No chasing enemies when you have something else to do, no squabbles with guildmates because they're from a different town. You can still "hire" us for something if you want to, though.​
-If you break a rule, you may be fined. If you refuse to pay the fine, you may be expelled and/or hunted for a period of time.​
~Structure~​
There are four components to classification within the guild: Teams, Ranks, Roles, and Titles.

Teams- main divisions that undertake different sets of tasks.
  • Work Team: Deals with materials and architecture.
  • Merc Team: Deals with PvP and dangerous missions.
  • Tome Team: Deals with information and Lore.
Ranks- basic ranks within the guild, denoting seniority.
  • Acolyte: Standard members that serve as the followers for guild leaders.
  • Devotee: Dedicated members that can take on Roles.
  • Master: One of 5 council members for the guild. Has general leadership over lower ranks.
  • Headmaster: Official leader that shares council information with the general community.
Roles- Specific sets of tasks assigned on an individual basis. Only Devotees and higher can have Roles, and more may be added as the need arises.
  • Librarian: Relates to managing out-of-game infrastructure, e.g. the members list.
  • Artist: Makes or has made art assets for the guild, such as banners or skins.
Titles- commemorative titles that are distributed for noteworthy things. Potentially pretty random.
  • Sentinel: Joined the Academy in Sanctum.
  • Zealot: Joined the Academy in Zeal.
  • Architect: Designed or inspired an Academy facility.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
~Allies~
Other guilds we have alliances with.
The Templar - Non-Aggression, Mutual Assistance, Collaborative Activities ( @Aerokii )

~Paperwork~
Application:

IGN:
Age|Time Zone:
Whitelist Date:
Current Combat|Mastered Combat:
Current Prof|Mastered Prof:
Current Township:
Past Guilds:
Why do you wish to join The Academy?:
Which Guild teams do you wish to join?: <Work|Merc|Lore>

~Members~
(Grey names are either thought inactive or are no longer part of the guild, and do not go toward our member count)
-Special Positions-
Headmaster Dazureus- Sentinel
Founder Domitius- Sentinel

-Honorary Members-
Alator- Lorekeeper
EtKenn
gabizou - Sentinel
Kam744
Troppics

-Masters-
Master Dielan9999- Sentinel
Master theazian- Zealot|Lorekeeper
Master TheMormon- Sentinel|Librarian
Master Upb34t

-Former Masters-
Master Kophka- Zealot
Master Madsplatter- Zealot

-Devotees-
Galaxial- Designer
st3pur308- Zealot/HQ Architect
strongholdx- Lorekeeper
~Inactive~​
-Acolytes-
drpepper1344
earpus96-Zealot
jaif14
jazza411
lunar_izy
Nadastorm
Squirt0
xexorian
~Inactive~​
Jloy1- Zealot
kurugi- Sentinel
PineappleChicken- Zealot

-Expelled-
NDKOHSE
Acherous - Zealot
zachimon - Zealot

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Your stance on Tree Creepers and overcrowded cactus?
I'm an honorary member of your guild, and you ask this? Lol. :p As @Dazureus is Headmaster, I think he needs to answer this one. ;)
As of now, from what I can tell Riften/Thieves guild will not be allying, so don't bother asking :p
Right-o, dunno if that'll stop Daz though. Actually, he hasn't been to practically each guild page to ask for an alliance in a while... :confused:

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Hey now, my alliance-asking was never indiscriminate.

I don't know whether I want an alliance with these guys or not. They both seem to be "anti-TC" guilds rather than anything beyond that, and while I hold no love for the TCs it seems a little narrow of us to get allied with them. Maybe we'll ring you up and go on a crusade sometime, but if my understanding is right I would rather not request a full-on alliance.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
The W.Alrus A.nd K.angaroo A.lliance isn't just about killing Tree Creepers. It's about ensuring walruses and kangaroos live in perfect peace and harmony. People always misunderstand us :(

Sorry guys. Looks like I got permabanned for making one rude comment to Kainzo. Do whatever with me on the list. I'd like to stay on it in some form though. Will miss playing with you guys.
@Dazureus @TheMormon

-acherous

Edit: Zachimon is also permabanned for a similar reason.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I think you two are going to be put on the expelled list. This is for a couple of reasons, the foremost being that you have been banned. I don't automatically revile you for it though. I don't know the specifics but a permaban based on one comment seems like overkill... See you around I suppose. Get Zachi to friend me on Steam.

Acolyte Zachimon, Zealot has been Expelled.
Devotee Acherous/ShadoWall555, Zealot (I think?) has been Expelled.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
We're going to start having Training Days on Saturdays. We'll do some MAs, and we might do other things that relate to gaining experience as well. Even members who have mastered their class are encouraged to join us and assist the lower-levels among us in dinging up.

This time I won't be present, but I think Mormon and Dielan at least will.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Sorry guys. Looks like I got permabanned for making one rude comment to Kainzo. Do whatever with me on the list. I'd like to stay on it in some form though. Will miss playing with you guys.
@Dazureus @TheMormon

-acherous

Edit: Zachimon is also permabanned for a similar reason.
You didn't make one rude comment to Kainzo. It's been an ongoing issue and you've got a nice boner of a file in CORE, so does Zachimon.
I think you two are going to be put on the expelled list. This is for a couple of reasons, the foremost being that you have been banned. I don't automatically revile you for it though. I don't know the specifics but a permaban based on one comment seems like overkill... See you around I suppose. Get Zachi to friend me on Steam.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
We're going to start having Training Days on Saturdays. We'll do some MAs, and we might do other things that relate to gaining experience as well. Even members who have mastered their class are encouraged to join us and assist the lower-levels among us in dinging up.

This time I won't be present, but I think Mormon and Dielan at least will.
I won't! :p This Saturday I'm going up to Camp Hahobas to bring up the gear, go around the camp, etc., because there are the new scouts that haven't been there yet. Pretty sure I'll be gone most of the day, and also tomorrow I will be gone from 10:00-10:30 to some unknown time in the afternoon because I'm painting a fence with my brother and a friend of mine to make some money. We primed it today, so it's going to be 2 days instead of the 3 the people thought it would be. :p

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3

In the future, you should tag me with any and all member list stuff so that I know there's something to update.

Removed spartanfan17 and Sigpit from member list, joined Freepers.
Placed EtKEnn and Troppics in Honorary Members list, joined Freepers but <3 us. :D

EDIT: Member count is at 16.