• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Thoughts for next maps community...#2

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
This is just a fantasy suggestion but how about there is a admin town were newbies can go to get started.

No taxes - Newbies can get money without having to pay taxes.

No PvP inside the town - they would be under level 10 so it wouldn't matter.

Tons of enderchests around the place - Newbies can keep their stuff safe.

Bedspawn - They don't have to run very far.

Help center - A center with all the rules and things you need to know in there.

Then when they get to maybe 3 weeks on being the server they get kicked out.

Any more suggestions to this?

ICherry_girl

Glowstone
This is just a fantasy suggestion but how about there is a admin town were newbies can go to get started.

No taxes - Newbies can get money without having to pay taxes.

No PvP inside the town - they would be under level 10 so it wouldn't matter.

Tons of enderchests around the place - Newbies can keep their stuff safe.

Bedspawn - They don't have to run very far.

Help center - A center with all the rules and things you need to know in there.

Then when they get to maybe 3 weeks on being the server they get kicked out.

Any more suggestions to this?
I think this suggestion was already thought of, and the reason for it not being implemented was because they would get too much traffic, being very cluttered, hard to keep track of, and generally not worth it if the newer player was only going to be on for three days or less.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
I think this suggestion was already thought of, and the reason for it not being implemented was because they would get too much traffic, being very cluttered, hard to keep track of, and generally not worth it if the newer player was only going to be on for three days or less.
Ok, just a thought.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Herocraft is Hardcore. If they cant deal with it, not my issue. As many times as shit happens to me in the end, its a game.

I'll help new people, I have no issue with giving them advice or pointing them in the right direction. Just don't expect me to NOT raise my sword to you.

Bonafideb3ast

Legacy Supporter 4
Herocraft is Hardcore. If they cant deal with it, not my issue. As many times as shit happens to me in the end, its a game.

I'll help new people, I have no issue with giving them advice or pointing them in the right direction. Just don't expect me to NOT raise my sword to you.
Were basically breast feeding the noobs right now. I don't know about you but I don't think it's right to breast feed people 13 and older. So what I'm saying is there kinda getting it way to easy.

Graink

Portal
Were basically breast feeding the noobs right now. I don't know about you but I don't think it's right to breast feed people 13 and older. So what I'm saying is there kinda getting it way to easy.

We're breast feeding them because it's their first steps into a game. I know you're probably a pro hardcore paid gamer, but for the most part, when I buy a new game I've never played before, I start off on the easier settings, to get a grip of it. (Or at least normal mode) I don't usually tend to start off in expert or legendary modes because if I did, I'd keep dying, and I'd get pissed off and quit. Mine craft is a sandbox game, and for the most part, it's played by builders. There are a lot of PVP servers out there, but this server is a hardcore RPG server. Meaning players applying here want to have a hardcore PVE experience.

Before they walk into the wild with no understanding that they'll be jumped, they need to have a little walk through with the plugins, how to use spells and how to defend themselves! I'm not quite sure what type of games you like to play, but I'd love to bring you into a game you've never played before and constantly rip your scrotum apart. I'm sure you'd love it; after all, I wouldn't be breast feeding you.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yup, we're bringing order to chaos. It's chaos seeing someone spawn in and within minutes corpse camped until they leave. That's not challenging, that's just stupid.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Honestly, killing noobs isn't even fun. At the start of Dragongarde, I did kill noobs. And now I feel bad about that. I don't kill them anymore. What are you going to get from killing a noob? 23exp, and a global broadcast. Really, your going to camp noobs, just for that? I like noobs now. People watch them die from mobs all the time, because they aren't a high enough level to PvP. People let them die, just so that they can get a stone sword, and a few pieces of bread. I don't like when people constantly kill noobs. Like the other day, I watched a noob be cornered by three skeletons. I killed the skeles, gave him 32 bread, an iron sword, and a set of leather armour.
Please everyone just be more noob friendly :)

Graink

Portal
^ Sometimes the noobs initiate the fight though.. That's really the only time I'd ever allow myself to constantly kill noobs. When they continue to jump out at me, even though I didn't start anything with them.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Herocraft should be about choice. If you want to maim and slaughter, you have the option to do so. There's always a risk of danger in the wilds and that's how we like it.

A

alexhoff1

Ontop of ALL this.

Most Nubs attack you first. End of Story.

As a LONG RANGE class, you don't let someone who does 2 hits with base damage = to your main skills get near you.

just thought I would add that to that opinion.

It's not hard to kill them, but they think they're so good usually and ragequit when they get shot down by someone who knows what they're doing.

OR

they think want to build on this server and then get killed by someone who knocks them off there building, AND steals all there stuff.
Why not add a death-chest for all players level 15 and under (so they can get the hang of pvp and loosing quick w/o loosing stuff) that doesn't expire, and doesn't require a chest in inventory (really, who carries a chest with them?)
it is a method not probably practical, but it's my idea of how to help stop this.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
In retrospect after re-reading the first post of this topic I think this map has gone a long way in being more noob friendly. At least some of the towns.

There have been some recent occasions where new players are targeted by older players to get titles/increase kill ratio, but it's not NEARLY as bad as last map.