• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Thoughts for next maps community...#2

Nadastorm

Legacy Supporter 1
I think part of the reason that new players aren't seen a potential townys anymore is because of events during last map and this map. With the lack of security options for mayors accepting a new player into you town is a little risky as you're opening up the entire town to them. I can think of many occasions where people have screwed over their town members and stolen everything. While yes this is illegal and the users get punished for doing so but the town that was stolen from doesn't usually get their items back. I think that lack of trust is the main issue here.

That's being automated. Taxes are already automated in the new herotown build if I remember correctly.

I think a guide channel should be created on the TS server and be made highly visible so that new players can see it. There should be a guide in there most times of the day and other players should stay out if they're not there to help out new players. Guides would also be given channel admin to help keep people out that are just there to troll.
Pretty much what Danda said. I got stabbed in the back way more on this map than on previous ones, by outsiders and my own townmates. It just got tiring.

Graink

Portal
Well, there's a lot to discuss here, but I'll try my best :3

First of all, my main suggestions that I believe would better the server :
-Remove graveyards. I'm sorry, this was a great idea, but bed spawns just made the game so much more fun! People will learn to break their beds eventually, and if they don't, it's their own fault. I think since graveyards hit people have been claiming land around graveyards, building new towns closer to them, and setting up ugly shops and random land destruction around them. Maybe keep bed spawning and graveyards, but make it so when you destroy your bed you go to a graveyard.
-Admin town? Imagine an admin run town, or a staff run town, where the noobs could join up with a certain protection for their items. It'd almost be like dragonguard/zeal, but they'd have land to build a house without paying the 4k+ on a noble plot. This would obviously be a good town, and the members would be taught and brought up to want to do good for the server. They'd learn the rules through the help of the staff town, and if they ever left, there's a higher chance they'd join or create a good town themselves.
-Bring back town objectives! I think towns have been letting themselves go ever since they don't need to build a town hall, bank, inn and so on. These made towns a lot more realistic I find. I believe it should be a rule that when a town is regioned, the townies have 1 week to build up their town hall etc. and if it's rubbish, the towns should be removed, and maybe reimbursed half the money. Rare items for starting a town could be brought back too, but pumpkins and all that are easier to get. That's not so much a problem, but I think having a town hall would make the mayors a lot less scared of "bad citizens". I for sure didn't want people joining SG with full building powers over the whole land. A 15x15x15 box of town hall zone could really be put to good use as a vault or safe zone. Don't make it no pvp though, cause that's still a little bull shit :3
-NO MORE ROADS! Another big buzz kill was the regioned roads out to 2000 blocks out. This really hurt the good old pvp zeal used to have. There were no cool shops to jump around in, no obstacles, nothing really fun. North road back in zeal was probably the best time I had back then, and I really missed that sort of fun this map. Whether it was good guilds, bad guilds, or terrible guilds, everyone fought and had a blast. I just want that stuff back.

I really liked a lot of the ideas Majora, Barnubus and Danda came up with too. A lot of my ideas derived from them, and I think that giving mayors their extra LWCs would be a great idea too. With that being said, I don't think towns should be able to be sold off. Unless the plugin is arranged so whomever is the true "owner" of the town gets extra permissions for the LWCs. Cause otherwise, the player can buy a town, sell it back for almost full price, and get the benefits of having 10 extra lwcs until the admins switch the privileges. Taxes need to be kept up, so the town plugin should help a lot with that, and I'm not sure if this is a new feature, but maybe work on booting people who're inactive for a month. If a town goes below the required member limit, they should also lose their regions. I remember this map Halloween town (I think) still had regions up with only 1 member. I'm not sure how many people were on the region itself, but the plugin showed 1 member on their roster.

I might edit this later so that it's structured better.. I really just free wrote it cause I'm watching a movie ... I might add other ideas too, who knows.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
This map I recruited everyone I possibly could for Lightforge. Most of them joined, I tried to get them involved, and they would just go inactive, leaving me with 60 "citizens" and only about 23 active people. This map LF was betrayed 10x more than Skyforge ever was. I agree that the server should become more newb friendly, because it can become a spiral of one guy attacking a newb, the next guy who approaches him tries to make friends and is instantly attacked because of the suspicion caused from the first attack. I think that bedspawns should be brought back as well, it would make it easier for newbs to establish a mining base and stay there.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I know this issue very well as I have been accepting most newbs applying for my town, just like how I would accept a Veteran. I show them trust, I learn them the ways of HC and then they rob the entire town and leaves. Either this or, I accept a person, I teach him, He suddenly leaves the town, he then proceedes to get a wizard from his new town in a Raider tunnel he built before he left and then marks inside.

But of course, most newbs either go inactive or stays with the town doing nothing wrong. It's just like 5% of all newbs that wants to cause mischief and betrays the town and therefore makes a bad reputation for the other newbies.
@EtKEnn I thought robbing a town would get you banned.

Menandros

Legacy Supporter 8
My first time on Zeal started with me being brutally murdered by Fuze within a minute and a half while walking towards Iron Pass.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This map I recruited everyone I possibly could for Lightforge. Most of them joined, I tried to get them involved, and they would just go inactive, leaving me with 60 "citizens" and only about 23 active people. This map LF was betrayed 10x more than Skyforge ever was. I agree that the server should become more newb friendly, because it can become a spiral of one guy attacking a newb, the next guy who approaches him tries to make friends and is instantly attacked because of the suspicion caused from the first attack. I think that bedspawns should be brought back as well, it would make it easier for newbs to establish a mining base and stay there.
Bed spawns incite camping and death. If an attacker finds their bedspawn, they can bring them to level 1 through corpse camping.

We have zero intent on bringing bed spawns back while pvp-on is around the bedspawn area.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Beds were fun! there is no point in raiding anymore because they just stay at the gy and you just chill in their town doing nothing :/

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Bed spawns incite camping and death. If an attacker finds their bedspawn, they can bring them to level 1 through corpse camping.

We have zero intent on bringing bed spawns back while pvp-on is around the bedspawn area.
Can't they just destroy they're own bed to stop the process of de-leveling? and spawn at spawn or a graveyard? I believe this was the rule before graveyards were implemented. It makes sense, just don't sleep in a bed in a regioned area. I never had problems with graveyards, but it did lead to a lot of complete noobs getting spawn camped to level 1, just like beds did.

Heck, I got my Butcher title off a guy who kept running out of the graveyard because of how mad he was about not being able to leave. The reason I've always liked graveyards is because there's always one that is somewhat close to where you live (unless you lived off in the 3000 area). But I think having a bed set would be better for noobs to start off because it's automatically sends them to their home or town, instead of having to make the long trek back from either spawn or the graveyard.

Since players under level 10 can't be attacked, I don't see a reason why bed spawns wouldn't be reasonable. But I honestly didn't ever have a huge issue with graveyards, the shops and terrain issue don't really bother me.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
I really wanna make a suggestion to bring bed spawns back now... That would anger Kainzo though :( I agree 100% with Jazza. Now you just sit in their town while they are at a GY. I really.... REALLY want townhalls implemented again WITH no-pvp. This made raids so much more fun. Lemme explain- You get raided. Your like in town chat or teamspeak RAIDER. Everyone goes into town hall and groups up. Maybe calls in some allies. Then you all run out and confront these raiders. Since everyone grouped up and called in allies it was not a one sided battle and it most likely was an epic battle that was supperrr fun. But still townhalls and building reqs in general are pretty cool. Make the town much more interesting to look at instead of being just houses.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Considering bed spawn camping seems to be an issue maybe if possible you can add a certain limit of times you can respawn there within lets say 10-20mins and once you respawn at the bed maybe 3 times within 2 minutes it will next spawn you at a graveyard and you must wait another 18mins until your respawning will be back at your bed?
Is this possible?

Or maybe when you spawn in your bed say if someone was camping you, you get 10seconds of invincibility you cannot hit them they can't hit you.
And one other idea is that if you die again within 20seconds of dieing before you won't lose any exp.

Mitchodak

Glowstone

pretty sure this sums it up

eagles90809

Legacy Supporter 4
I think part of the reason that new players aren't seen a potential townys anymore is because of events during last map and this map. With the lack of security options for mayors accepting a new player into you town is a little risky as you're opening up the entire town to them. I can think of many occasions where people have screwed over their town members and stolen everything. While yes this is illegal and the users get punished for doing so but the town that was stolen from doesn't usually get their items back. I think that lack of trust is the main issue here.

That's being automated. Taxes are already automated in the new herotown build if I remember correctly.

I think a guide channel should be created on the TS server and be made highly visible so that new players can see it. There should be a guide in there most times of the day and other players should stay out if they're not there to help out new players. Guides would also be given channel admin to help keep people out that are just there to troll.
Sub-Regions @Kainzo?