• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

This guy has jailed me and I accidentally set my spawn via bed so I can't get away. Help!

haxxed

Dirt
This guy "jaddow1" claimed to be showing me a town for me to move into. He ended up having me set my spawn in a bed and while I was in it he built me into a corner. Now, I can't edit blocks in the town and I cannot escape via respawn when I die. Isn't this considered griefing? How do I get out of this situation?

MattMellander

Legacy Supporter 3
he wont get banned lol, especially since you're new and such. Well idk, and i'm prolly gonna be punished now.

ForTehZZZ

Coal
I don't think this is worth a ban. From my experience this is legal, I believe.

For instance in my town we managed to catch a thief, who stole from everyone. We caught them with a hidden base inside the town with all the goods stolen. He had a bed there and respawned there. We removed him off regions and bed camped him for ages. We got tonnes of exp! :D One of our members accidently removed his bed during the attack however, so he spawned in Zeal.

I think you are allowed to remove others off regions and bed camp them. However I am not sure about luring players into a house then making sure thye set their spawn.

Not sure about that one.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
Pretty sure it's legal for trap you in a region, if you were unlucky enough to walk there anyway (So long as he didn't do it by convincing/lying to you, which would be just douche. xP)

Killing you while you're trapped in that corner with your spawn set in there repeatedly would be illegal, though. Not perma-ban worthy, but illegal none the less... I think.

haxxed

Dirt
If bed camping is legal then I think the rule should be challenged. The only way for me to get away was through admin intervention, I lost 70% xp from a level, and it completely ruined my gameplay for the night (wasn't able to play due to this).

ForTehZZZ

Coal
Im going to say what I say to a lot of players. This is a hardcore server. It happens, we know. This is not a kind server, players WILL do this.

Bed camping is not frowned upon, as far as I am aware.

However I have full sympathy for you.

The person who trapped you is a douche. Why would people do that? I mean, like in my town, trapping and camping for revenge and as a punishment is alright, but luring players in? Thats messed up.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Bed camping within a town/region is legal. (edit from Aero: The hell it is!) However doing it OUTSIDE of a region is completely illegal, as it could be considered boosting if you get exp for pvp kills.

If it were up to me it would be illegal in both cases. Kill once, get the stolen goods back, and then get them out of there. Apparently this is exactly how it is. Good!

RedKhan

Soulsand
Completely ruining people's gaming experience until admins can intervene is super hardcore, so he'll probably get a slap on the wrist.

Welcome to the server!

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
Bed camping within a town/region is legal. However doing it OUTSIDE of a region is completely illegal, as it could be considered boosting if you get exp for pvp kills.

If it were up to me it would be illegal in both cases. Kill once, get the stolen goods back, and then get them out of there.

I'm not sure where you guys are getting your info. It's not our jobs to quote rules to any of you.
Spawn camping, or bed camping, falls under griefing, exploiting, and harassment. (Player will be escalated immediately to a 3rd warning.)

Nowhere does it say that bed camping is allowed within towns.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm not sure where you guys are getting your info. It's not our jobs to quote rules to any of you.

Nowhere does it say that bed camping is allowed within towns.

Apologies, for this. This was one of many rules that for a time seemed rather... fluid and misquoted, and I'd heard from others (that had, I thought, more knowledge than I) that such an action was legal. I'll edit that little bit out.

RedKhan

Soulsand
Rules are usually picked up from chat, at least the unclear ones, which there are plenty of (intown robbery, killing in townhalls, abuse of broken skills etc).

Which is probably why people get away with breaking rules so frequently, because they can plead ignorance.