• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Thiefs and Thievery

Staven88

TNT
I would like to post my two cents to see if we can help with the balancing Thief. I've played Herocraft, I believe, to think that I can give some good judgement on balancing, especially my mastered class. SO first of I want to state that I think I can be helpful because I don't want Thief over powered but certainly not under powered.

What I think should be changed.
- Pick Pocket = channeled move for 4-5 seconds (can cancel but when channeling cant move canceled upon any damage) once finished 50-60% chance to steal 1 item from a player that is not in their hotbar, during channel thief can be attacked by anyone even in no-pvp zones i.e. Trade District/Dragongarde (and maybe also when "caught" Thief can be attacked for the next 5-7 seconds) and maybe in pvp zones it acts as like a 5 second stun called something like "Daze"
NOTE: I do this because I see Thief as stealthy and if they are not then they should get the things!
- Thievery = 20-30% chance to unlock a blocked chest at the cost of 1 iron ingot (a.k.a. a "lockpick") 40-60 second cooldown
NOTE: Chest that have blocks over them can be open NOT LWC'ed chest and doors (thanks for the feedback on that I didn't like the idea either)

PLEASE: I would like good feedback too! What do you guys think is a good idea!
NOTE: These can all be tweaked as Kainzo/Mods/Coders see fit, I just wanted to help how I can on make Thief a balanced but not overpowered class
Thanks for the time! Give me feedback!
-Staven88

While you're at it, you should probably make it so they only take something from there inventory instead of the hotbar.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
LWC = Ultimate protection. There will be no skills that can open a LWC.

Staven88

TNT
True that's why it's a maybe, but a block over a chest is theoretically the same thing the only difference is a towny can remove it (which is pointless since it's stealing). Still I think you are right and that's why this is open for discussion I'm trying to make my suggestion the best for thief, I want thieves to be well balanced.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
True that's why it's a maybe, but a block over a chest is theoretically the same thing the only difference is a towny can remove it (which is pointless since it's stealing). Still I think you are right and that's why this is open for discussion I'm trying to make my suggestion the best for thief, I want thieves to be well balanced.

And people can sometimes get into the chests that aren't on the region by glitching.

Staven88

TNT
Yea I don't really like the opening lwc thing, but I but it into () so it could be debated. But so it should most likely be just blocked chest, and glitching is illegal so that's why it isn't the "ultimate" form of protection.
ALSO, can i get some positive feedback? Where do you all think I put something right? Or is this just complete blasphemy?

Thoth

Legacy Supporter 4
No.

Absolutely no bypassing LWCs. FUCK...THAT

Maybe do something with chests covered with a block (non-lwc). Like even with a block stopping you from opening it, you have a 15% chance of opening it. And an inability to use the skill on the same chest more than once. Also using a scaling system were at lvl 1 you have a super low chance; and by 55 it's at its maximum 10-15%( whatever you want, not more than 30%). Also either make it passive or with a short 15 sec cd.

Although the server would then have to keep track of which cheats each thief has tried, so maybe make it a irl day before they can try the same chest.

This would make the thief very nice in raids, and not something to stop people from feeling safe in non-pvp areas.

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
I still think a toned down, and fully working, version of the thievery skill we had a few days ago would be great! Kainzo mentioned perhaps a cooldown between removing stacks from an inventory, which I think would be good. I also think that being caught should be more lethal, definately in NO-PVP, and maybe in the wild too. How about 1.5-2x damage taken?

I disagree with lwc bypassing, but I like the idea of a 15% chance to open a chest, however, there are some possibilities to think about; wouldn't it be possible to just spam that 15% chance to get into a chest? I don't think kainzo wants to add a check whether you have tried and failed to access that chest within the past 24 hours, so idk how that would work :p

Also @Mellowbeatz thieves could never steal from the hotbar; just saying :p

Staven88

TNT
Ok so first off I changed the LWC I personally never liked the idea just wanted to but it in there for all options. Second I was think that you have 15% chance to get into a blocked chance, but the thing is Thievery should have a 30-40 second CD so that you can indeed continue using it, but it takes a while to get into a chest (and it's easier on the coders). Third, 15% for once a day is stupidly underpower, but I'm all for trying it and working out the kinks.
Let me know what you all think! Especially Kainzo and Mods because I'm trying to help work this out for you guys! :)

Staven88

TNT
UPDATE:
-added CD to Thievey
-Removed Thievery opening LWC's!
-"Daze" for no-PvP areas
-After number-crunching lowered percents greatly

What do u guys think?!

teddytazer

Soulsand
Theif should be able to steal from block'd chests perhaps. that would be intresting to see. as for lwc opening dont think it should be allowed. Also the pickpocketing/opening person like chest should be allowed anywhere outside trade district. If u know they are theifs. watch your back. just like the real world if some one is acting sketchy (sneaking up behind u) u dont just casually wander around u keep an eye on them. if not u get robbed!

Staven88

TNT
Yea I like that Teddy and that's what I was going for. In non-pvp like trade I think a good option would be the steal 1 item get caught get dazed kind of a thing.

agentjwall

Godly
Hmm I like the idea of thievery if it opened non-lwc'd Iron doors instead. So many people use them and it wouldn't compromise town security, but it would add a lot to the class...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The "new" thievery can steal from someone once every 20-30 seconds. They can only take one item. They must start off by stealing lower quality items before they can steal Goldbars etc. It'll be coming back in soon - I've been working with the dev on it.

agentjwall

Godly
The "new" thievery can steal from someone once every 20-30 seconds. They can only take one item. They must start off by stealing lower quality items before they can steal Goldbars etc. It'll be coming back in soon - I've been working with the dev on it.

Will you sill be stolen from in no PvP areas without let or hindrance?

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
It was always Kain's intent that if you got caught stealing in NO-PVP, you would be susceptible to damage. I think this is perfectly acceptable, if you take increased damage (I'm thinking 1.5-2x). Also, its not without 'let or hindrance' you can only steal every 20-30 seconds, and you can only have 1 slot stolen from you.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I have an idea, maybe thiefs could get a skill called pick lock allowing them to open iron doors as if they were wood.