• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion The Scaling Increase.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Here's the thought process.
  • Increase almost everything by x10. Max health from 130 -> 1300 hp
  • Increase all mob damage by x10. Zombies hit for 10? now 100hp
  • Increase "most" damage by x7-10. Swords dealing 10 damage? now its doing 70 dmg
  • Increase HP / Mana gains by the same amount, gaining 0.50? Now you gain 5-10 per level
Players would start at around 400 hp instead of 40hp. They would gain rough 4-6 hp per level. Fireball would do 150 dmg instead of 15 dmg, etc.
It doesn't have to be a straight 10 times increase but something higher could yield greater flexibility in terms of setting damage, gains, and life totals.
This is a massive undertaking - what do you think?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
There's appeal to both methods, but so long as the extra digits are used well I'm all for it. And I think you would use them well.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
If everything is just going to be scaled up from the current values then it would be the same wouldn't it? Zombie hits for 10 hp on a 130 hp person that's 13 hits. Zombie hits 100 hp on a person that has 1300 hp is 13 hits. :confused:

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
  • Increase "most" damage by x7-8. Swords dealing 10 damage? now its doing 70 dmg
  • Increase HP / Mana gains by the same amount, gaining 0.50? Now you gain 5-10 per level
Players would start at around 400 hp instead of 40hp. They would gain rough 4-6 hp per level. Fireball would do 150 dmg instead of 15 dmg, etc.
It doesn't have to be a straight 10 times increase but something higher could yield greater flexibility in terms of setting damage, gains, and life totals.

I like; here's my little seal of approval.

I'd like to call this the "Runescape approach" :p

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
If everything is just going to be scaled up from the current values then it would be the same wouldn't it? Zombie hits for 10 hp on a 130 hp person that's 13 hits. Zombie hits 100 hp on a person that has 1300 hp is 13 hits. :confused:
Greater flexibility here. Instead of having small increases that most players cant see - we can have large increases - 5 hp per level instead of 0.5 hp. Did you read my first post?

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
It would be kinda annoying to fight people especially people who have healing powers. Almost a never ending battle. Maybe increase cooldowns and Mana that is needed for most of the skills?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Hmm, while I am against big numbers for the sake of big numbers, this does make sense. Easier to make visible changes.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
  • Increase "most" damage by x7-8. Swords dealing 10 damage? now its doing 70 dmg

Good idea! :D With this, I am sure you would avoid making damages at .x numbers, yes? Instead of 10.5 damage, 105? I am sure flexibility will also help with balancing the classes.

Full support! :D Nothing, in terms of the player, will change (no net increase in the same they deal/recieve), but I am sure it will help the coders/admins! ;)

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
Great idea!
Another decimal point would give much greater flexibility in balancing.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
I am a level 6 thief with 92 hp because I am a master mason, and anyone who is a smith dispute their combat class can do 5 damage with a diamond sword.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I've been hardcore busy lately and I was going to suggest the same thing, lets do this!