• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The PVE map... why is it killing my boner?

Is the PVE map killing PVP?

• Yes

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
i went to a conquest point in the middle of the day with 2 other people yesterday, and not one person came to fight us. gg conquest

i'm tired of fighting for the server. I've given my 2 cents, and kainzo threw it back in my face. if he wants to continue shoving a square peg into a round hole, then thats his right, but I just don't believe it will be successful.

Avoir

Obsidian
You do realize though that an entire town quit the server and another town is in the process of leaving as well BECAUSE there is nobody on the PVP server to kill. It's a vicious cycle.

There was loads of pvp but now all that's left is pretty much MG since no other town fights.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
Some of you may not have been around long enough to know that indeed the server goes through highs and lows in the amount of PvP that occurs. Stick around for a while and it will return.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
i went to a conquest point in the middle of the day with 2 other people yesterday, and not one person came to fight us. gg conquest

i'm tired of fighting for the server. I've given my 2 cents, and kainzo threw it back in my face. if he wants to continue shoving a square peg into a round hole, then thats his right, but I just don't believe it will be successful.
You can't blame Kainzo for doing things wrong because, he is doing things as one should. A good Section of the Server asked for a PVE so he made one. He has to appeal to the masses for a good Buisness Stratagy, and he can't just throw their opinions back in their faces because a few people don't like it. Thats just idiotic. Thats like making the USA like Nazi Germany because we have a few Nazi Supporters.

( Holds up Nasty Comment Shield )

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Good argument, I think we PVPers have acted mature in this thread so far, and now we are being called Nazis.

Best way to argue with someone is to resort to ad hominem, but we already know that from all the trashtalk we see on this server.

Also, it only took 1 page of discussion before the Godwin's Law popped up, nice going there people.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Even if pve messed up pvp, what do you want to happen? Want pve removed? An entire map deleted because it interferes with pvp?

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I personally just want some PVP events, like a tournament.

Maybe release samurai.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Good argument, I think we PVPers have acted mature in this thread so far, and now we are being called Nazis.

Best way to argue with someone is to resort to ad hominem, but we already know that from all the trashtalk we see on this server.

Also, it only took 1 page of discussion before the Godwin's Law popped up, nice going there people.
God bless Godwin's Law. Never fails.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We won't be removing PVE (in fact adding more to it, mythicmobs/etc) and we will also be adding RPG - which the majority of it will not be PVP on (certain dungeons and arenas will be contested with mobs, however).

This is the direction of the server, as stated before, the PVE has more unique players than PVP. Players want to PVE and PVP and we can justify the need for both. Our goal is to provide an experience for ANY player. The "players" you think that you would gain on PVP would only quit the server after being camped hours on end. It doesn't cannibalize either server. Two very different purposes.

I'm locking this thread because this has been brought up before and our position isnt changing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.