• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The PVE map... why is it killing my boner?

Is the PVE map killing PVP?

• Yes

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
This thread is being written for 2 reasons; for my own selfishness to gain knowledge about the PVE map since I refuse to login to it myself... and for you to give your opinion on the PVE map and how it's good/bad for the server.

I've been away from Minecraft for a solid 8 months or so, and since then a lot has changed. When I first heard about the PVE map coming I thought it would kill PVP a bit. I didn't think it would be THAT bad since we were promised that the XP gain in PVE would be slow as molasses, and that NO items were transferable from PVE to PVP. I also heard that drop rates in PVE would be pretty grim, and that the map in general would be for people who were so desperate for some peace and quiet that they'd sacrifice XP/soul gain for invulnerability.

From my understanding, ALL ITEMS are transferable from PVE to PVP, and the XP/soul difference is barely noticeable. Furthermore, I heard you're able to make residences and towns on the PVE map? The fuck? It seems to me that there is no risk involved when you step into PVE, and that at this point you'd be foolish to ever level onto PVP, and perhaps even being on the PVP server at all? Yikes.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
This thread is being written for 2 reasons; for my own selfishness to gain knowledge about the PVE map since I refuse to login to it myself... and for you to give your opinion on the PVE map and how it's good/bad for the server.

I've been away from Minecraft for a solid 8 months or so, and since then a lot has changed. When I first heard about the PVE map coming I thought it would kill PVP a bit. I didn't think it would be THAT bad since we were promised that the XP gain in PVE would be slow as molasses, and that NO items were transferable from PVE to PVP. I also heard that drop rates in PVE would be pretty grim, and that the map in general would be for people who were so desperate for some peace and quiet that they'd sacrifice XP/soul gain for invulnerability.

From my understanding, ALL ITEMS are transferable from PVE to PVP, and the XP/soul difference is barely noticeable. Furthermore, I heard you're able to make residences and towns on the PVE map? The fuck? It seems to me that there is no risk involved when you step into PVE, and that at this point you'd be foolish to ever level onto PVP, and perhaps even being on the PVP server at all? Yikes.
Kainzo has stated before that Herocraft has been stepping away from being 'hardcore'.

PvE brings in new players into the community that do not like PvP, it also gives people a way to mine and level without being camped. The XP/soul gain is the same on PvP and PvE and yes you can make residences and towns on the PvE map to benefit the players that do not wish to PvP and want to focus on building instead of fighting.

Aegis, the PvP world is generally used by old players and PvPers who enjoy the aspect of being able to fight other players. Conquest points bring PvP to Aegis as clans and towns fight to gain control of one of the points and to earn rewards. If players from PvE want to PvP they can easily board the boat to Central and then to Aegis where all their inventory would be carried across servers including their souls and levels.

Hope this helped :)

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
This is a "Difficulty: Hard" server.

This is not a pvp server, your suggestion seems to be working off the basis that it is.

The only reason we don't call ourselves "Hardcore" anymore is that the Minecraft community associates the phrase "Hardcore" with "Death Bans".

Avoir

Obsidian

This is not a pvp server, your suggestion seems to be working off the basis that it is.

The only reason we don't call ourselves "Hardcore" anymore is that the Minecraft community associates the phrase "Hardcore" with "Death Bans".

I don't think anyone thinks that "Hardcore" = "Death Bans" besides you...

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't think anyone thinks that "Hardcore" = "Death Bans" besides you...
It was new information to me too, but thats what it means.

Off topic: In related news, franky is still throwing his little "i dont care, no really i dont, but you shut your fucking face dsaw" tantrum about the time I was lazy with the Untrustworthy list. <3

Avoir

Obsidian
It was new information to me too, but thats what it means.

Off topic: In related news, franky is still throwing his little "i dont care, no really i dont, but you shut your fucking face dsaw" tantrum about the time I was lazy with the Untrustworthy list. <3

Responding to something you say automatically makes me mad? Love your logic.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Some people don't like PvP and being camped all day. Now they have a place they can freely play on the Herocraft Network and not have to worry about those things.

If you think the PvP server is dying (yes it is slower than when the map was launched, but its not dying), it just goes to show you how many people do not play Herocraft for PvP. For years some of these people have been saying PvP is ruining the server, so there is an argument on both sides.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff

Really? Its a pretty common term for perma-death.
Hardcore is a vanilla gamemode where the world is deleted upon death.
Since that'd be stupid on servers, it's deathban instead.

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't see how it kills PvP. If people actually want to fight then they will go on the PvP world. All it does is cut down on the amount of people who get killed who aren't prepared to fight. Probably less people to kill now but the people who are around actually want to fight.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I wasn't really motivated to play anymore, until @Jasquan made me visit Sanctuary (PvE). Never went back to Aegis (PvP) ever again.

As OliverDollar said, it's great for both PvPers and PvEers that the two worlds are now equal. No more random PKing that leads to demotivation to play amongst PvEers, and more organized PvP for the PvPers.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Herocraft wasn't meant to be a PvP focused place, but that's what we ended up wanting/making it in the past. Over the maps this pvp focus has been divided every map with new features/maps(extra mining map/living for greylist, Shrine, PvE). Many players that want PvP have quit/been banned by now. If anything, PvE made people happier by giving many players safety to do what they always wanted. If you want PvP to grow more - RECRUIT - who cares if they are noobs. I am seeing SO MANY "PvP towns" closing recruitment even though all they did was grab old players who have experience.

I myself am losing interest in playing Herocraft anymore because many players I had fun playing with have left and the void they leave has never been filled.

PvE - no pvp, can safely mine, can safely build, can safely make friends, can safely hide from people, can safely avoid a bounty you have in PvP.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I wasn't really motivated to play anymore, until @Jasquan made me visit Sanctuary (PvE). Never went back to Aegis (PvP) ever again.

As OliverDollar said, it's great for both PvPers and PvEers that the two worlds are now equal. No more random PKing that leads to demotivation to play amongst PvEers, and more organized PvP for the PvPers.

If only there was any PVP :( in the last 3 days, I have doubelcapped both conquest points EVERY time with a 2 man party, and nobody even tried to contest us.

Out of sheer boredom I made my objective to get /money top 1 last week, and since almost 0 PVP happened I achieved this within 5 days.

It's a shame really, I personally believe a PVP event (tourny) would fix a lot of the problems with the bored population, and might bring back people so that there can be some action in the PVP front of the server.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
If you think the PvP server is dying, it just goes to show you how many people do not play Herocraft for PvP. For years some of these people have been saying PvP is ruining the server, so there is an argument on both sides.

You do realize though that an entire town quit the server and another town is in the process of leaving as well BECAUSE there is nobody on the PVP server to kill. It's a vicious cycle.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
You do realize though that an entire town quit the server and another town is in the process of leaving as well BECAUSE there is nobody on the PVP server to kill. It's a vicious cycle.
As opposed to people who'd want PvE complaining and leaving because they keep getting killed, then the above happening anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.