• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The New Era! (New Network/Map WIPE- June 20th

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I big reason Haven wasn't so hot was a huge terrain generation update that came out not too long after we wiped for Haven map.

Minecraft 1.8 is having similar terrain generation changes and if the wipe in 7/8 days from now happens before 1.8 comes out - I fear the worst.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I big reason Haven wasn't so hot was a huge terrain generation update that came out not too long after we wiped for Haven map.

Minecraft 1.8 is having similar terrain generation changes and if the wipe in 7/8 days from now happens before 1.8 comes out - I fear the worst.
1.8 has been "Scheduled" to come out for over 8 months. We will not base Herocraft strictly around minecraft official updates.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Cant we like vote for stuff what stay's in the server and stuff that goes out?
For example attributes stay or go?
This isn't how we operate.
Majority of the maps have had many lakes/oceans the only real exception is Bastion where it was mostly swamp land/rivers. I personally don't care about the ocean, but I wouldn't mind if it were changed.
We use default generators. Blame Mojang for poor implementation.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Will the Rogue and Healer paths get another class when Sammy comes back too? :p

Xhazed

Portal
Why not make a cuatom map for the pvp and not use custom ones, i think people would be more interested in a different map well atleast thats how i feel

MajorasMask

Ungodly
While I understand this is a joke, I think what Miners said is very relevant. One of the issues with Haven was the incredibly large amount of water. There were lakes and oceans everywhere. I think that for the new map, staff should make sure that there isn't too much water on the map to ensure that traveling places is efficient and not a giant pain in the ass.

The new terrain generation has less water than the old terrain generation (or, at least, the water is more concentrated in its own area).

You can check the current HC map, and you should see that.