• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The City of Ultima

Sloqum

Air
I'm ready to help, I'll help start new towns. I enjoy the volcano idea but you just have to keep the lava a safe distance away. I'll try to be online more if you want.

Pacatafox

Stone
Started working on a second monster spawner, sorta near the tree but far enough away it does not clash. Would be cool if you could cuboid.

AcexWild

Legacy Supporter 4
Hey everyone Daimaru bought three of the 10x10 plots in the cauldron area. He is going to connect them and make an "L" shaped house. He is not citizen but a good friend of Ultima's. He has a home in he west and is the one who build most of the road to the west from Sanctum. Also he build the "Western Hub" So treat him with respect and consider him one of us.

Also we have two more 10x10's in Cauldron area. I know Bon wants one, heard eclipse wants one but not sure.

P.s. SLoqum keep in mind the Theam. I want to keep the towns Earthy, or magical. I think the names should reflect that.

AcexWild

Legacy Supporter 4
* Added detailed 1:1 picture for new plots area.

Also I am deleting all our cuboids, and since realms are gone redoing everything with Regions... So if your name is not on the citizen list please tell me so I can get your name in our areas.

We are going through a lot of renovations since we hit City! Thanks to all the citizens and other players that has helped through out the process of improving our layout! We are half way done with one of our biggest project and would appreciate the continues support.

Thanks for the input! Like I previously stated we are currently building actual plots for the citizens rather than apartments. You're welcome to visit and if ever wanted to join the mayor will be on and he can walk you through what our current projects are :) we are always looking for some extra pair of working hands :3

Ravebear

Air
I have visited Ultima and it is a very peaceful and aesthetically pleasing place. It was a very interesting design idea to build it onto (and into ) a floating rock. I particularly found the apartments great, although I was actually underground in a cave it felt as though I was in an interior of a flatblock above ground.

Good luck with whatever you have planned for the future !

thanks for the complement ravebear :]

update:
-We have plots available for new and old citizens for free, We are although currently still in the works for more.

AcexWild

Legacy Supporter 4
Went mining for a little while and we now have our 7500 needed to gain Capital statues. With this As I mentioned before I will start help funding 3 other towns that are going to go up with intentions of making Ultima a Kingdom.

Bogrin has his mind set on building a Airship sky fleet, and based on what I seen on anther server its very possible in minecraft, andcan look amazing. We will need some people who want to help him out with to get on board. So far his idea is going to be a lot of work. Pretty much making a larger floating island like in ultima to mimic Sanctaphrax and have have it be a giant airship hub. Most of his ideas come from series of books he has read called The Edge Chronicles wiki.

The city layout (Is going to have to be so god damn huge)
830px-Santaphrax2.png

A wiki can be found here with some pictures. LINK

There are some ships in the book that look really nice:
Stormchaserflight.jpg

Skyshipmapgalerider.png

Also here are some images of ships that could be made from another server.

5209989089_de3351a8db_b.jpg

5210667875_5d074b5469_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4089/5199322413_f2b2252349_b.jpg
5412079301_46c83bf02f_b.jpg

Bogrin

Legacy Supporter 5
Yes i read all the Edge Chronicle books long ago and it captured my imagination like no book has for a while. The ships are elegant and well designed and i believe they would make a beautiful addition to our City-State, however every ship has its place and i love Zeppelins and other sorts. Sanctaphrax is a gigantic project and will take the complete cooperation from everyone in the nation, we will need supplies, labor and coins. If completed it could be an even greater achievement than perhaps Ultima itself, and i say that with great respect towards Ultima. If you have any questions behind the lore, science or anything else about the project, feel free to contact me here, or in-game.

Pacatafox

Stone
Hm. I read those books and loved em, but do we really want to make another floating city? While it is a cool idea, I feel like it is simply treading old ground. We should look for a unique idea, not do a almost identical city.

Pacatafox

Stone
Ideas for the next city

World of Warcraft Inspired ones:

Undercity
800px-Undercity2.jpg

The one word to best describe the undercity is "Sewery" The time to make such a project would be in the medium range. Large amounts of clearing an underground area would have to take place.

undercity.jpg

Thunderbluff

WoWScrnShot_022709_101520.jpg

Thunderbluff is a beautiful place. I think the picture speaks for it self. The time it would take to make would be probaly high.

Random ones

A canyon: This is terrain not normally seen in minecraft, and if we could make one it would be really cool.

Trees, trees everywhere: A town with many houses on the many trees, with one large central tree.

Oriental Theme: Pagodaos and shit.

Aircraft Carrier town: Badasssssssss

Walled City: A city with very high walls thats cramped.

Exculsive Town: A beautiful, open spaced town. Only let 10 people join.

Last Notes
One last thing that I think we should have with our next town is secret stuff. Have a town dungeon, a town sercret sanctuary, whatever. Secret things are just fun :3

AcexWild

Legacy Supporter 4
Paca the big thing what that city I mentioned is not another floating city as it is a airship sky hub. I know there are people on the server that would be interested in joining a town that they can build and own there own airship or flying machine. Because like 4-5 member I think including yourself has proposed such an idea... I mean its only one of the cities out of the three we need. So if we get some good feedback on it I say we give it a chance.

Sloqum

Air
Really liking the thunderbluff idea but it wastes to much space. The travel time would also be a pain.

the tree idea although i though i would hate it actually sounds cool. especially the main tree. Like an avatar tree. but it's kinda unrealistic because of the the literal amount of unprocessed wood that you would need. unless we take over the tree dungeon...that could work

Bogrin

Legacy Supporter 5
if i have to i will single handedly build the docks wether you guys support me or not its happening

welcome porkenfry to Ultima and for choosing our city over relentless pking.

We are a neutral city, Shall not provoke in fights and will turn the other cheek, but if time comes to protect our city we will fight back and not get stepped on.

also here's an updated area of the city from the rings :]

2011-02-04_032617.png