• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The City of Artemis

Mikespillow

Legacy Supporter 7
We got a lot done today, including preparations to optimize the Artemis banking system, we're making a ton of progress here. The bank, new regular/noble plots, current houses, the baths, everything's moving along really fast. Its always fun playing with other dedicated people.

Ok, I'll try to get on today so we can talk about Aussies Resignation, but its hard because Minecraft.net is always down...

EDIT: Is the server down for everyone or just me? It must be Kain adding new pluggins.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Mikespillow said:
We got a lot done today, including preparations to optimize the Artemis banking system, we're making a ton of progress here. The bank, new regular/noble plots, current houses, the baths, everything's moving along really fast. Its always fun playing with other dedicated people.

This is just the beginning :D. I have many more plans to optimize our space usage as well as our city planning in general.

sheddi

Legacy Supporter 3
I cant wait for our town to expand even further and also for notch to stop with all these stupid updates

Beyondvalor

Legacy Supporter 5
For the Bath-house:

1. We need either one or two giant domes on the ceiling
2. We need one more arch in the big doors leading into the bathhouse
3. the archway for the one doorway needs to be lowered a little bit
4. One side of the bathhouse will need to be filled with water, it's the one with the staircase leading down. The center pool will be a public pool and the two ones of the sides with be more private. We will need to have tiny waterfalls flowing into the pool ala the main entrance to Artemis.
5. Speaking of the pools, the underside will need to be filled with lava with a glass layer on either side.
6. The other side of the bathhouse will be a 'sauna' room (aka lava room) this will be surrounded with pillars and a smaller domed ceiling.
7. The glass pillars in the bathhouse need to be filled with either lava or water depending on which side you're leading into. AKA Lava Pillars leading to the lava room and water pillars leading to the bathhouse

Little Things:
1. We need to have water flow from the water falls outside of the bathhouse into the bath itself
2. flowers need to be planted in the dirt beds
3. The dirt in the walls needs to be replaced with smoothstone
4. every other stairway on the stairways leading into and out of the bath, and into and out of the bathhouse will need to be converted to smoothstone
5. I would like to have little waterfalls like the ones leading into Artemis on the steps leading into the bathhouse
6. I would like to make little alcoves in the stairs with maybe a little fireplace and a sofa sort of thing to spruce up the stairs

I do believe that is it!

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
We are officially a city. Thanks guys, you made this. We will be having some changes happen soon that will mix up our city a bit, but for the better.

Mikespillow

Legacy Supporter 7
Beyondvalor said:
For the Bath-house:

1. We need either one or two giant domes on the ceiling
2. We need one more arch in the big doors leading into the bathhouse
3. the archway for the one doorway needs to be lowered a little bit
4. One side of the bathhouse will need to be filled with water, it's the one with the staircase leading down. The center pool will be a public pool and the two ones of the sides with be more private. We will need to have tiny waterfalls flowing into the pool ala the main entrance to Artemis.
5. Speaking of the pools, the underside will need to be filled with lava with a glass layer on either side.
6. The other side of the bathhouse will be a 'sauna' room (aka lava room) this will be surrounded with pillars and a smaller domed ceiling.
7. The glass pillars in the bathhouse need to be filled with either lava or water depending on which side you're leading into. AKA Lava Pillars leading to the lava room and water pillars leading to the bathhouse

Little Things:
1. We need to have water flow from the water falls outside of the bathhouse into the bath itself
2. flowers need to be planted in the dirt beds
3. The dirt in the walls needs to be replaced with smoothstone
4. every other stairway on the stairways leading into and out of the bath, and into and out of the bathhouse will need to be converted to smoothstone
5. I would like to have little waterfalls like the ones leading into Artemis on the steps leading into the bathhouse
6. I would like to make little alcoves in the stairs with maybe a little fireplace and a sofa sort of thing to spruce up the stairs

I do believe that is it!

So, you want me to move the arch I made down a little, and copy the same thing on the other side? Also, if I'm picturing the domes the same way you are, they should be easy. Also, I have a buttload of flowers we can use.

We are officially a city. Thanks guys, you made this. We will be having some changes happen soon that will mix up our city a bit, but for the better.
Way to go, guys. Still a ton of work to do, though!

Beyondvalor

Legacy Supporter 5
Mike, seeing as how we can't see how the City of Magnolia's dome looked like (and how TXlibra no longer plays the game) here is what I was thinking for the dome:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:pantheon_oculus.jpg

This would of course be minus the oculus in the middle.

Basically what I am going for is this feeling of wonder as you enter through the low archways and fountains of the stairway into this wide-open space. However, the dome shouldn't be too high up because that will impact visibility and the W-O-W factor.

Credit goes to Toxic Turtle for the wonderful job with the water last night, it looks beautiful.

Mikespillow

Legacy Supporter 7
Well...you want a dome that opens upward toward the center, right in the middle of the baths? I can do that. I need to know my building parameters, though.
Btw, I've been to the Pantheon. The architecture is amazing. I cannot understand how the Roman people of that time were so intelligent.

Beyondvalor

Legacy Supporter 5
Mikespillow said:
Well...you want a dome that opens upward toward the center, right in the middle of the baths? I can do that. I need to know my building parameters, though.
Btw, I've been to the Pantheon. The architecture is amazing. I cannot understand how the Roman people of that time were so intelligent.

Really, the only building parameters are to make it look absolutely amazing and have it fit with the baths as a whole--so probably smoothstone and/or stone slabs. Just make it look even more impressive than anything in Artemis. Personally, I think it would be great if we could have a glass oculus at the top that opens into the temple and peers through the roof of the temple. But that would have to be something we take up with Alex.

Rane

Stone
This city is amazing!!! People are very helpfull/friendly/active :).....

Applying to be a bank teller :p

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
I'll message you if we have any openings Rane :).

Also, thanks to the ~8 people who came out and started raising our town hall, it was so much faster and so much more fun with all you guys there :p

sheddi

Legacy Supporter 3
/agreed i think we need to have an build day once a week to get together and build something and before that day we start collecting supplies then all come 1 day at an agreed time and create awsome stuff we got plenty of room now
any thoughts on this?

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
sheddi said:
/agreed i think we need to have an build day once a week to get together and build something and before that day we start collecting supplies then all come 1 day at an agreed time and create awsome stuff we got plenty of room now
any thoughts on this?

I'd say a weekend day. I like the idea of working together with everyone who can get on to make the city better. I already have some....crazy? Ideas :p.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Artemis City Report January 24, 2011
Ring Status: City (2 Rings, 125 block radius)
Bank Funds: About 2,800 C
Mayor: AlexDaParrot
Bankers:
Mikespillow (Bank Owner)
Impulsepaci (Bank Teller/SIC)
Sheddi (Bank Teller)

Current Main Projects:
Town Hall
Baths
Expanding to a Capital

In-Depth Town Status:
Heroic and Noble Plots:
More Heroic and Noble plots are being made to raise funds for our capital rings. We need to have 9,000-10,000 C to upgrade to capital, as I want more money to bank than we currently even have. A few people have expressed further interest; I will be there to meet that demand.

Public Mine:
What is everyone’s opionion on the public mine? Do you use it? Do you want me to move it? Please post feedback.

Public Farm:
I am planning on expanding this in the future. We will add cactuses that are auto farmed as well as expand the tree farm. We will also make it look more professional and add more features.

Public Housing:
I will start enforcing the height limit of reasonable a bit more, as I have seen some that are getting a bit out of hand. Please work to keep our skyline looking better.

Town Hall:
We have the outer hull of it done. I would like to ask for ideas to what we should do inside, EngelBritzon is the main builder, but he is unable to get in-game for a few days. We will be moving banks and shops there in the future. We currently have a plan to make aqueducts coming from the center and wrapping around a court yard. If you have anything else you want to put in we will work on looking into it. Side note, it took 2.5 stacks of iron blocks to make that one ring around. The herogate will be moved into the town hall so that it looks better as well. We will also be adding a message board.

Library:
The library is pretty much done; we will continue to add more to it so that it looks better. The area underneath it will be reworked before we go further with any of our plans for it.

Temple:
The temple has been put to the side so that we can work on other projects, we will get back to it in our remodeling.
Bath Houses:
The bath houses are almost complete; Beyond posted a list of things needed to be done, jump in!

Future Projects Planned:
1. Remodel the cliffs
We have really ugly cliffs that need to be remodeled. We will be adding a harbor to the north in the future.
2. Underground Subway
A subway system in between important areas and local towns is being planned.
3. Arena
Way in the future.
4. Mayor House
Sheddi told me I should make a house; I don’t feel like it, but I will work on mining for materials for when I do.
5. Lava Wall of World Domination
- My personal goal

End Notes:
Please post suggestions for the city.
If I messed anything up, please tell me!

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
We can put arrow barrages behind the lava wall of world domination and shoot fire arrows at people when we get bored =D

But really it all sounds good. I like the idea of a build day, we could accomplish a lot.

Also, nova is dead. Will artemis become the new capitol of TOP, or leave TOP of finish dieing off?

sheddi

Legacy Supporter 3
just finished a super roughed up version of the new bank the front looks awsome take a look alex and give me the greenlight if i can finish it

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
wolfgang784 said:
We can put arrow barrages behind the lava wall of world domination and shoot fire arrows at people when we get bored =D

But really it all sounds good. I like the idea of a build day, we could accomplish a lot.

Also, nova is dead. Will artemis become the new capitol of TOP, or leave TOP of finish dieing off?

Discussions will be happening on this matter during the week. It will be decided by the weekend.