• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The City of Artemis

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Town Name: Artemis

Mayor: AlexDaParrot

Second in Commands: Sheddi
Location of Town: +1267, +512

Charter Signatures:

1. AlexDaParrot
2. Impulsepaci
3. Reidster338
4. Dvdshfflt
5. slayr96
7. Sheddi
8. TheIndigoGamer
9. Hummelz
10. JTzero
11. XbananaX
12. MezzozzeM
13. HolyRane
14. Mage9990
15. Toxicturtle
16. MohammedK
17. Wasp243
18. Zanerias
19. scrotchman
20. Tabletop1000
21. OshKosch
22. suuungkim
23. Z0Mb13
24. Tomuo
25. vrillusions
26. Notch_Helper
27. SilentReet
28. Kattankudi
29. trueblindninja
30. xXEpicPwnXx
31. Rofl_Marine
32. Akaplan
33. CheeseT2
34. SirRofl360
35. AndrewWalden
36. Toadsworth29
37. Jwplayer01
38. Ninjatails
39. McDaniel
40. acethebefriender

Rules:
We are currently under the larger banner of TOP, thus we obey all of the rules listed in this thread:http://forums.disposableheroes.net/index.php?showtopic=7544.

To add to these rules, we also are striving to adhere to a Greco-Roman Arcitectural style largely based off of Athens.

Our citizens also are compelled to hold upstanding positions throughout the community as they develop from newer players to aged veterans. These veteran players are then supposed to give back to the community of Artemis and in a larger scale to TOP by making it a better, stronger community.

We are largely democratic and up until a certain size most decisions that are vital or large scale will be decided by the majority. Note the Mayor still has a veto power that must be seconded by the Second in Command (If he does not second it the veto is nullified) and thus even the majority decision must be struck down by recognizable majority of the leadership.

Current Projects:

3. Finish Temple of Artemis (80% Complete)
4. Create Library of Artemis (95% Done (Need more bookcases)
5. Create Lighthouse of Artemis (Revision Stages)
6. Create Noble/Heroic Plot Area (First Set Made)
7. Town Hall (Planning Stages)
8. Reformat city to allow for more space (Planning)

If you would like to apply to be a part of this modern wonder, please message AlexDaParrot or Impulsepaci in-game or post in this thread! Thanks.

Our most recent town update.

Current Noble Plot set-up:

Heroic Plots - 750 C (20x15) + 10 Deep (There will be 2-3 of these for sale)
Noble Plots - 500C (16x12) + 8 Deep (There will be around 6 of these for sale)
Park Plot - 100C (5x5) (Only owners of Noble or Heroic Plots can purchase these, they will be used to landscape the Noble and Heroic area and may not have structures on them)

Also, 1 level of depth will be sold for 50C up to 5 additional levels of depth (250C for the ability to dig to 15 Depth)

Please note, all of the money recieved through these noble plots does go towards the town's upgrading, the building of public structures, and later on to pay people for jobs (Distant future).

Players will not be allowed to hold a free 13x9 lot in duality with a Noble or Heroic plot. Players can, however, own the entire apartment building (Every apartment in it) and still keep their main residence.

We will also offer a loan system if the person can put up 50% of the overall purchase fee. They have one week to pay the loan off. These loans do not apply to park plots or depth additions. There will be no interest charged during the first week, but the loan can be extended by three (3) days at a charge of 10% interest on the remaining balance.

If the loan is not paid within a week (or a week + three days), the house will be torn down. I will leave a one day notice sign on the house for the owner to talk to either Impulsepaci or Me about the issue before to try to save your house; we are not bad people and we do understand things.

More Noble plots and possibly more Heroic plots will be added in future expansions of the city as well as we clear out more of the land around Artemis.

Apartments:

Apartments will cost 25C for any room on the first two levels, and will after that increase by 25(N-1)^1.25 price with N being the floor level. This means a space on the 3rd floor would cost around 60C, a 4th floor would cost about 100C. Please note we are also planning penthouses on the top of the apartment building which may not directly comply with this theme.

The rooms do not have to be used as apartments, and can also be personal storage areas or even shops.

Temple of Artemis:
We will be finishing the Temple of Artemis (Making the interior look nice as well as filling in the base with smooth stone instead of dirt) after the Baths are complete.

Public Baths:
The Public baths are currently being prepared under the Temple of Artemis and will be expanded on later as we come up with more things to put inside of them.

Arena:
The arena will be torn down soon as to make room for a new one. The new arena will be in more of an in ground arena as to integrate it into the city better, as well as make it easier to do other things with it.

Library of Artemis:
I will be commencing the building of the Library of Artemis soon. Please drop off some cobble if you can at the chests located outside the plot. I need 3,000 half steps to just cover the floor of the Library, so I hope you can imagine what I need to build the entire building.

Bank: The bank will be expanded underground so as to have a way to access personalized chests that are locked to everyone except one citizen and the bankers. This will allow them to take out gold and pay for gold without the citizen being on!

City Hall: We are currently in the planning stages of placing a city hall where the railroad station was supposed to be. This city hall will be boot shaped and we hope to add a message board here. The Herogate, railroad lift, and other things will all be within the town hall to greet visitors.

Wall: The wall is going to be torn down and rebuilt as we expand, that is all.

Public Mine: We currently see the public mine as a working function, but we wonder how many people actually use it, could I get a head count?

Shopping district: We currently have 3 shops that are set-up, we are looking for more. It is free to open a shop, but you must sell something different than the other shopkeepers as to keep price undercutting drama out of the city. Space is limited!

Public Farm: This is one of our best functioning areas thus far, no changes will be added except maybe an expansion to the farms, making the roof higher, and the possible addition of a few cobblestone factories. We use a lot of cobble :).

Professions:
Bankers - We currently have 3 bankers, but please keep applying as we are constantly evaluating how they do.

Recruiters - ANYONE can be a recruiter, please do try to recruit people, we are growing quickly, but let's grow faster!

Farmers - These are greatly needed. Reeds and trees grow fast. You are allowed to take a cut of what you harvest, but please remember the goods our are harvesting where planted by the public of Artemis and thus should be replanted and some should be given to the public chests for use around the city.

We currently have no thoughts on making other professions - Enlighten us on what you think would be good.

Public Discussion Forum: We are considering adding a public discussion area, with a set of elevated steps and a speaking platform. This would be used during meetings which I am currently thinking about having, as well to have some fun and debate about current issues that involved the real world and Minecraft.

Dam: I have been considering a dam being built to the north of south of us, we would construct a manmade lake and a dam.

Outside of Artemis: We will be tearing down the statue and the ARTEMIS spelled out.

Lighthouse: The lighthouse is being tweaked, but currently looks quite good.

Church: The church may need to be moved; we will be talking about this more in detail later on.

ALSO
In reference to the recent change of PvP realming rules on roads, I would recommend that everyone uses the railroad as transportation. It is high up and it is quite hard to be ambushed at 110 height on a 3 block wide road. It is just as quick and much more efficient in terms of safety.

- Don't forget to add suggestions!

- /Citizen join Artemis to join our great city

- If I missed anything, yell at me.

Mikespillow

Legacy Supporter 7
The people of Artemis are more helpful in response to each other, and to improving the town, than I have seen anywhere else. AlexDaParrot and impulsepaci are both very capable leaders, and it's easy to get wrapped up in building and expansion of Artemis because it's such a great place. I recommend that everyone check out Artemis at least once. If you don't have allegiance to any other town, you're welcome to stay. And if you do have a home elsewhere, after seeing Artemis, that's liable to change. It's a great place, come visit if you haven't already!

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
- Library frame has been completed

- I will try to have noble and heroic plots set out by the time the TOP meeting is

- We will be doing mining expeditions to the end of the map to gather the new material when it comes out soon

- Baths are progressing

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
- The library is now in its interior design phases, with some secrets being added as well.

- Noble plots are still up for sale

- We are planning on starting our town hall. It will be larger than the library (See a theme anyone )

- We will be focusing on larger projects as a town, and of course expanding so we can grow more as a town

- The Arena is being postponed ,we have a good amount of projects going on right now.

- Harvest the reeds more :p

- Any questions or suggestions PM Me

Alex I plan on getting a noble plot although I'm no where near the required Coins. Just letting you know for future reference.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
reidster338 said:
Alex I plan on getting a noble plot although I'm no where near the required Coins. Just letting you know for future reference.

We hope that many members will take the initiative and buy them as we expand (And thus build more) and as they gain coins to be able to :).

JTzero

Air
I haven't been on since before the update and I'm having too much fun in SSP with the new features. I will try to be more active when the server is ready. (Not interested in the test world, I can wait.)

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
JTzero said:
I haven't been on since before the update and I'm having too much fun in SSP with the new features. I will try to be more active when the server is ready. (Not interested in the test world, I can wait.)

You could load up an older client version and use that to get on to the main server with Artemis :). Either way, hope to see you soon, many things are being changed :D.

Mikespillow

Legacy Supporter 7
Alex, some of us keep finding ourselves removed from the citizen list, any idea why that's happening?

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Mikespillow said:
Alex, some of us keep finding ourselves removed from the citizen list, any idea why that's happening?

I don't know - when the server gets back up I will submit a query. Until then, I will take it on a case by case basis and just put the person in need back on our citizen list as they reapply.

sheddi

Legacy Supporter 3
BeyondValor hasent been on in 4-5 days and the bathhouse is like 50% done i say we need to find a new person to head up the development of the bathhouse any ideas on who?

Beyondvalor

Legacy Supporter 5
I apologize for that...its a mixture between college starting up and my computer not allowing me to go back to 1.1...therefore I have only been able to use the test server. When the server is updated I'll be back online!

Mikespillow

Legacy Supporter 7
I think it's because of the client patching crap. Give it another two days or so, he'll be back to finish it up.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
MohammedK said:
just wanta say i recently joined this town :D

Thanks, I remember the guys mentioning you, but I wasn't sure if they were mentioning your full name or just a piece of it :)!

Beyondvalor will get it done, just let the server transition to make it so we get back up to full numbers.

sheddi

Legacy Supporter 3
beyond you can patch to the old version its super easy get on teamspeak i should be on rest of day i can walk ya through it

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Mikespillow said:
Alex, have you read AussieDingbat's post in the TOP thread?

Yes, I will be holding a discussion about it tomorrow when you guys are on. I need to talk some issues about that over with you guys.