• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Test Map

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Lets face it PvP is not that fun anymore compared to Bastion. I think one week, only one week we can have a test map, kinda like the first visions map. Everyone that played that map enjoyed it and there was a lot of PvP. I want this map to show all the new people what it is like to actually play in older maps and I want to hear their thoughts.

• 10x leveling so we do not have to spend the week mastering a class
  • Everyone starts out anew, all back to step one choosing a class and levels are not kept when the map is over
  • No T2 classes, I think we should not be wasting our time trying to level T2 when the point of this map is to give noobs the PvP experience
  • Drop everything, that means armor and everything in inventory, death chests are fine
  • No PvE
  • Have either townships 2.0 or a very simple townships 3.0 or no townships, we do not want to spend our time worrying about making a town
  • Have prizes or something to get people to do this, I would not mind it being mandatory
  • Make every profession able to craft anything, meaning any profession can craft armor or food
  • Make ore and materials easier to find so less time mining and more time defending and PvPing
  • Do not worry about a great looking map, just give us a past map
  • And Have FUN, try out new classes, I for one want to try out druid or pyro
  • A lot of these ideas can be removed such as ore if it would take too much time to code
@Trazil @PewPewPewLasers @Kainzo @PhantomWarriorA @kk0707 @FrankyDemon1996 @natenate682 @CoolBeans279 @malikdanab @TrueCorruptor

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We aren't making a new server just for pvpers. This defeats the purpose and would counteract what we're doing here.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
We aren't making a new server just for pvpers. This defeats the purpose and would counteract what we're doing here.
No its just a test, for one week, remember that visions map that we were testing out TnT? It is just like that

I agree with a lot of this, although I don't know about the 10x leveling. Maybe like 2x leveling in this region so people don't master their class within a week. Isn't mastering a class supposed to be an achievement anyway?

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
I agree with a lot of this, although I don't know about the 10x leveling. Maybe like 2x leveling in this region so people don't master their class within a week. Isn't mastering a class supposed to be an achievement anyway?
The reason i said 10x is so people do master fast since my proposition is for only a week, the map would last for a week and if there are good reviews people might want more, maybe then a perm map with regular xp

I see.
I still have a hard time agreeing with this, but I understand where you're coming from. Why would you want noobs (like me) to be as powerful as someone who has spent much more time and effort into the server? That doesn't make much sense to me..

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
I see.
I still have a hard time agreeing with this, but I understand where you're coming from. Why would you want noobs (like me) to be as powerful as someone who has spent much more time and effort into the server? That doesn't make much sense to me..
Ok sorry i guess i need to explain a little more, nothing would be kept, all your levels would be reset on this test map but since its 10x lvling its super fast, so its everyone starting out again at the same lv, it can take you one day to master a class on this test map

PhantomWarriorA

ICE ICE ICE!
What's the worst thing that could come of this? I can't think of anything that this could do to hurt the server. How about we start a Pros and Cons list?

Pros:
  • Show all the PvE people what it's like to have some PvP with the Heroes plugin
  • Give a preview of how classes are in later levels of it (10x exp and all)
  • Gain loot from armor dropping (fun fun)
  • People may bring the PvP fun back to the original server rather than PvE all day erryday

Cons:
  • People may not understand what's happening (can be fixed with an alert message every 5 mins of so)
  • Setting it up (Shouldn't be too hard.. amirite?)

I think it should at least be tried.

Ok sorry i guess i need to explain a little more, nothing would be kept, all your levels would be reset on this test map but since its 10x lvling its super fast, so its everyone starting out again at the same lv, it can take you one day to master a class on this test map
This would be wonderful, just as some kind of tour thing. But wouldn't it make for more server latency?

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Lets face it PvP is not that fun anymore compared to Bastion. I think one week, only one week we can have a test map, kinda like the first visions map. Everyone that played that map enjoyed it and there was a lot of PvP. I want this map to show all the new people what it is like to actually play in older maps and I want to hear their thoughts.

• 10x leveling so we do not have to spend the week mastering a class
  • Everyone starts out anew, all back to step one choosing a class and levels are not kept when the map is over
  • No T2 classes, I think we should not be wasting our time trying to level T2 when the point of this map is to give noobs the PvP experience
  • Drop everything, that means armor and everything in inventory, death chests are fine
  • No PvE
  • Have either townships 2.0 or a very simple townships 3.0, we do not want to spend our time worrying about making a town
  • Have prizes or something to get people to do this, I would not mind it being mandatory
  • Make every profession able to craft anything, meaning any profession can craft armor or food
  • Make ore and materials easier to find so less time mining and more time defending and PvPing
  • Do not worry about a great looking map, just give us a past map
  • And Have FUN, try out new classes, I for one want to try out druid or pyro
@Trazil @PewPewPewLasers @Kainzo @PhantomWarriorA @kk0707 @FrankyDemon1996 @natenate682 @CoolBeans279 @malikdanab @TrueCorruptor
You can ask me anythime about Druid or pyro lol.

But I would be fine with this if Kain was, I'd be willing to help set up the map if needed.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Obviously it's up to kain to decide but this is a really fun idea. I'd love to just change class and PvP again, I don't bother since bard is a bad 1v1 class and I don't have a group anymore. A week of fun random old fashioned heroes PvP would be sick.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
What's the worst thing that could come of this? I can't think of anything that this could do to hurt the server. How about we start a Pros and Cons list?

Pros:
  • Show all the PvE people what it's like to have some PvP with the Heroes plugin
  • Give a preview of how classes are in later levels of it (10x exp and all)
  • Gain loot from armor dropping (fun fun)
  • People may bring the PvP fun back to the original server rather than PvE all day erryday

Cons:
  • People may not understand what's happening (can be fixed with an alert message every 5 mins of so)
  • Setting it up (Shouldn't be too hard.. amirite?)

I think it should at least be tried.
Even setting it up is not hard, we have 7+ maps to choose from

Malarb

ICE ICE ICE!
This seems like a great idea. It doesn't even have to be a "test map", just make it a week long event so that people can go try to get some PvP and see what old Herocraft was like.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This seems like a great idea. It doesn't even have to be a "test map", just make it a week long event so that people can go try to get some PvP and see what old Herocraft was like.
This sounds like a better possibility - but leans hard on a "minigame" feel tbh.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
3 - 5hrs of config time minimum to set this up, not hard to do but more time consuming than some might think.
I could support an idea like this if:
Similar events would also be undertaken to test new ideas before implementation.
Popularity of such an event would not equal implementation. What is fun for a week does not necessarily hold interests over time.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
3 - 5hrs of config time minimum to set this up, not hard to do but more time consuming than some might think.
I could support an idea like this if:
Similar events would also be undertaken to test new ideas before implementation.
Popularity of such an event would not equal implementation. What is fun for a week does not necessarily hold interests over time.
This would just be a map of reverting things like they were in Bastion (hc has save files I would think) no new things, because those are the things causing problems. Things that are fun are just fun, people make the same damn argument for PVE that they shouldn't have any danger if they don't want it, but we want the thrill of old herocraft which right now is none existent.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
This would just be a map of reverting things like they were in Bastion (hc has save files I would think) no new things, because those are the things causing problems. Things that are fun are just fun, people make the same damn argument for PVE that they shouldn't have any danger if they don't want it, but we want the thrill of old herocraft which right now is none existent.
Perhaps you did not read the opening post which talks about 10x leveling and professions that can craft everything. Using Towns 2.0 (which I'm not sure is even 1.8 compatible) or a simplified version of towns 3.0. There is also the idea of making ore more available, making items drop on death and so forth.

There are perhaps save files for some of this however much of it never existed or was extremely broken. Even if there are save files for some of these things configs are not always the same or even similar version to version because of differences in the code. So unless they are going to adjust an existing config of an earlier version (still likely a minimum 2hr endeavor) and have us all version down for the duration of the event (not everyone, especially the noobs will navigate this well) then we are talking 3-5hrs minimum config time. If you don't believe me download the plugin, and an editor such as notepad++ and see for yourself. You may gain a whole new respect for the amount of time the volunteer staff spends keeping this server running.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Perhaps you did not read the opening post which talks about 10x leveling and professions that can craft everything. Using Towns 2.0 (which I'm not sure is even 1.8 compatible) or a simplified version of towns 3.0. There is also the idea of making ore more available, making items drop on death and so forth.

There are perhaps save files for some of this however much of it never existed or was extremely broken. Even if there are save files for some of these things configs are not always the same or even similar version to version because of differences in the code. So unless they are going to adjust an existing config of an earlier version (still likely a minimum 2hr endeavor) and have us all version down for the duration of the event (not everyone, especially the noobs will navigate this well) then we are talking 3-5hrs minimum config time. If you don't believe me download the plugin, and an editor such as notepad++ and see for yourself. You may gain a whole new respect for the amount of time the volunteer staff spends keeping this server running.
I did read, and as for the 10x exp, what do you think a boost is? Same thing just a different amount. People can do without more ore, but letting people drop items on death is NOTHING new. That is vanilla minecraft. Ores and things could just be sold at a shop for 1s a stack, and shops take less than a minute to set up.