• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Suggestions for HC Remastered

Hi! A few suggestions here from somebody who is obviously a master in game design and who ought to be the last word in the matter.
Okay, more seriously, I would trust the HC team's creative vision far more than my own, so if I say something that flies in the face of what the team really wants for the game, I respect it 100%. I also don't know the limitations of the plugins you're using, so if I suggest something that is completely impossible within your framework... I'm sorry.
That said, here are a few of my thoughts

Stuff to consider immediately:
1. The new-player experience ought to be a large focus for release. Nothing feels worse when joining a new server than getting merked by chads as soon as you walk out of the gate. Aside from the normal tutorials and whatnot, I'd consider something like damage reductions or PvP immunity for the first X levels and/or X hours of gameplay upon first login--Something to give new players some breathing room to find their feet.
2. The dungeons we have are fantastic, but it sometimes felt like they were the only consistent ways to get XP in the past. Making sure to balance XP gain from worldmobs and dungeon monsters should be a priority.
3. Something I noticed on logging into Herocraft earlier to remind myself of what mechanics worked for me and what didn't, I remembered the class trainers, or needing to "buy" skills once hitting their level prerequisite. I really kind of hate this. Money always felt like a tight resource in HC, which (while not a problem in and of itself) can lead to more new-player issues, where the people who have the money have the skills to survive while trying to get more.

Stuff to consider for future releases:
1. I really loved the concept of the Jedi-like "Master" classes, where you had to hit levelcap with 6 classes chosen randomly for your account. Implementing those in some way again would be really fun! And, in a more cold and calculating mindset, would keep people working toward something.
2. I would love to see some PvE content that requires cooperation and team composition, like a raid or something similar. It would be nice to have some PvE content that required more communication and planning than just watching your cooldowns. Even something like updating the bosses in the current dungeons to require certain damage types to break a "shield" they have would go a long way toward this.

Overall, I'm really excited for what the team is making. I can't wait to see what they come up with!

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
I would like to add to this post:

Please make the cost of housing, plots, and market rentals dirt cheap. We cannot assume that the player base will be gigantic (although we can be hopeful), and by having the above costs super inexpensive, it will allow players to be invested in the building rather than having to do the monotonous aspects of money/resource gathering. This will grant Herocraft the possibility for majestic castles and intriguing structures as well as a chance for a more vibrant market area.

-yav

Delta788

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Max Legacy Supporter
I would like to add to this post:

Please make the cost of housing, plots, and market rentals dirt cheap. We cannot assume that the player base will be gigantic (although we can be hopeful), and by having the above costs super inexpensive, it will allow players to be invested in the building rather than having to do the monotonous aspects of money/resource gathering. This will grant Herocraft the possibility for majestic castles and intriguing structures as well as a chance for a more vibrant market area.

-yav

We have all already talked about this as a team, costs of spawn plots and markets will be cheaper than they have been in the past.

Hi! A few suggestions here from somebody who is obviously a master in game design and who ought to be the last word in the matter.
Okay, more seriously, I would trust the HC team's creative vision far more than my own, so if I say something that flies in the face of what the team really wants for the game, I respect it 100%. I also don't know the limitations of the plugins you're using, so if I suggest something that is completely impossible within your framework... I'm sorry.
That said, here are a few of my thoughts

Stuff to consider immediately:
1. The new-player experience ought to be a large focus for release. Nothing feels worse when joining a new server than getting merked by chads as soon as you walk out of the gate. Aside from the normal tutorials and whatnot, I'd consider something like damage reductions or PvP immunity for the first X levels and/or X hours of gameplay upon first login--Something to give new players some breathing room to find their feet.
2. The dungeons we have are fantastic, but it sometimes felt like they were the only consistent ways to get XP in the past. Making sure to balance XP gain from worldmobs and dungeon monsters should be a priority.
3. Something I noticed on logging into Herocraft earlier to remind myself of what mechanics worked for me and what didn't, I remembered the class trainers, or needing to "buy" skills once hitting their level prerequisite. I really kind of hate this. Money always felt like a tight resource in HC, which (while not a problem in and of itself) can lead to more new-player issues, where the people who have the money have the skills to survive while trying to get more.

Stuff to consider for future releases:
1. I really loved the concept of the Jedi-like "Master" classes, where you had to hit levelcap with 6 classes chosen randomly for your account. Implementing those in some way again would be really fun! And, in a more cold and calculating mindset, would keep people working toward something.
2. I would love to see some PvE content that requires cooperation and team composition, like a raid or something similar. It would be nice to have some PvE content that required more communication and planning than just watching your cooldowns. Even something like updating the bosses in the current dungeons to require certain damage types to break a "shield" they have would go a long way toward this.

Overall, I'm really excited for what the team is making. I can't wait to see what they come up with!

I really like the idea of new players not being able to be attacked for xxx hours... however I feel like this will make a toxic environment as people will troll while they can not be attacked by others. PvE content is on the list already =)

- Delta