• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Suggestion on Pyro skills

Thraxxon

Iron
[Balance] Pyro changes

Hi guys, i chose pyro and stuck to it since the start of the new map. I have experienced a lot with it and now i want to make a few suggestions.

1. Maim does not work with blaze-rods, so i am not able to use one important skill with my top tier weapon (the rod)

2.Pyro does not get his full armor potential (no gold chest) in the arenas. As pyro got inferno flash and a lot of other mid range magic skills, i see it as an mobile melee caster class (which is a bit hindered by the arena terrain as of not being able to move/hide fast that much). You nearly always get pushed into melee fights and you won't be able to avoid that as good as outside, where you could use some extra armor very much. Adding Enderpearls to the invent you get would help greatly with the survival too, as having as another port which does not cost 1/10 of your mana as a squishy melee seems fair to me (might be to op, not sure)

3. Mana problems: Your bread and butter can be considered Inferno flash and inferno orb (low cd good engage/movement/damage). Now as orb and the porting are sperated, you got two skills, which is rly good, don't get me wrong. But if you use both of em, what you will do as a standard rotation, that will cost you 220 mana (arcane blast:185, bolt 120 fireball: 100 /// inferno flash: 110 inferno orb: 110). You can be very creative with some change here, like costing stamina or similar, reducing both or one, i would rly love ppl to come up with their suggestions on how to change it, as it rly hurts atm to burn so much mana for your bread and butters.

4. Great-combustion the 'signature move': right now great combust does an explosion which strikes 4 blocks out damaging foes, if there is a foe in 3 blocks of your range, he will get stunned for near 2sec. With this range right now, foes can just walk out as it is not an instant cast, so the stun which is rly important (to lets say root ranged-classes if you flashed to them) gets nearly no hit on a foe. I would suggest some kind of small range improvement or better making it targeted. Making it targeted this would make it more viable as an combo rotation starter as you would definitely hit more often with it. Another thing could be: removing the warmup, this would allow flash- greatcobustion combos to go off very fast and would def be a new way looking at the skill, as an fast cc.

I would love people to comment and give constructive thoughts about pyro skills.

Pls excuse any grammar / word mistakes.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
1.) I did bring up this problem a good while back. Both skills; maim and dark blade require you to have an axe equipped even though blaze rod is (IMO) it's main weapon of choice. So I agree with changing it so both these skills function while holding a blaze rod as well as an axe.

2.) another point I've brought up but nothing has come from it. Really am surprised that pyro (heavy melee and Close quarters magic damage) has went though only wearing full leather apposed to full leather with a gold chest.The difference in damage reduction between a leather and gold chest is 8% which is huge.

3.) I do agree that pyro sometimes struggle with mana but the only change I suggest would be to up the mana drain on dark blade; 70 ---> 85

4.) This skill itself is already extremely strong (160+ insta damage and applies a stun if within range) so I wouldn't want to change it too much. Only suggestion would be to increase the range of it by 1 block.

spiralz

Obsidian
1.) I did bring up this problem a good while back. Both skills; maim and dark blade require you to have an axe equipped even though blaze rod is (IMO) it's main weapon of choice. So I agree with changing it so both these skills function while holding a blaze rod as well as an axe.

2.) another point I've brought up but nothing has come from it. Really am surprised that pyro (heavy melee and Close quarters magic damage) has went though only wearing full leather apposed to full leather with a gold chest.The difference in damage reduction between a leather and gold chest is 8% which is huge.

3.) I do agree that pyro sometimes struggle with mana but the only change I suggest would be to up the mana drain on dark blade; 70 ---> 85

4.) This skill itself is already extremely strong (160+ insta damage and applies a stun if within range) so I wouldn't want to change it too much. Only suggestion would be to increase the range of it by 1 block.

Darkblade does not require an axe. I've been using a blaze rod and still able to cast it.

Thraxxon

Iron

4: the skill is strong on pater but myself and spyralz did a lot of duels with lordofroosters today, he agreed as a mage, that we would nearly have no chance to hit gc actually... with maim missing this problem is even more intense.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
I've landed a great combustion on visions in dueling by running at someone, using a few skills, then jumping into a ditch as if to hide due to mana or stamina loss. They came for me and got stunned. I still lost though because I'm bad at pyro lol.

Thraxxon

Iron
I've landed a great combustion on visions in dueling by running at someone, using a few skills, then jumping into a ditch as if to hide due to mana or stamina loss. They came for me and got stunned. I still lost though because I'm bad at pyro lol.

You had to hide to use your signature-ability? A melee range caster is highly offensive and should not in any case have to hide, to get core skills up.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
You had to hide to use your signature-ability? A melee range caster is highly offensive and should not in any case have to hide, to get core skills up.
The idea was to make it look like I was hiding so that they'd come to me so I could land a Great Combustion, but it didn't really matter, I suck at pyro.