• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Stimulating the Herocraft Economy

Do you think that Herocraft should focus a bit more on the economic aspect?

• Yes, but I have another solution...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
The inactive shops i'm talking about are those of redstone shops. There are at least 5 around each graveyard which have not been used in at least a month.

Also; swarm behavoir. If there was a location for anyone to make a shop (like a trade district) then people would be both encouraged to shop/build more shops there. At the moment, shops are located all over the place. It is difficult to ''go shopping'' when nobody really knows WHERE to shop. A trade district would encourage people to make shops, much like how it was in Dragongarde. That place was awesome; you literally could find anything there. As a builder, this helped me out a lot.

Trading has developed far from simply ''selling x amount of y!''. Players, as a whole, have moved on. Trading now takes the form of selling ports, mason/engineer services, farm animals, villagers, ect ect. I see no real reason to go back to a system that we just don't need anymore. Trading, such as ''Selling x of y'', still goes on. Not as much as it used to. We can encourage this, through what i've suggested, but force it? No. That would destroy the feel of it. It would make the game feel more like a chore than anything. It would also force people into situations whereas they struggle to get things done.
There is a new Trade District called "Black Market". People just dont use it because they either dont like to go shopping or find better chest shops at the roads.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
There is a new Trade District called "Black Market". People just dont use it because they either dont like to go shopping or find better chest shops at the roads.

Or the fact that the black market is PvP-Enabled? When it was released, people like Jonsoon (who has a shop outside of spawn), agreed (with me), when we were discussing if people would actually use it. People probably would if it was non-pvp, like the rest of spawn, and has a lower tax/week.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
The inactive shops i'm talking about are those of redstone shops. There are at least 5 around each graveyard which have not been used in at least a month.

Also; swarm behavoir. If there was a location for anyone to make a shop (like a trade district) then people would be both encouraged to shop/build more shops there. At the moment, shops are located all over the place. It is difficult to ''go shopping'' when nobody really knows WHERE to shop. A trade district would encourage people to make shops, much like how it was in Dragongarde. That place was awesome; you literally could find anything there. As a builder, this helped me out a lot.

Trading has developed far from simply ''selling x amount of y!''. Players, as a whole, have moved on. Trading now takes the form of selling ports, mason/engineer services, farm animals, villagers, ect ect. I see no real reason to go back to a system that we just don't need anymore. Trading, such as ''Selling x of y'', still goes on. Not as much as it used to. We can encourage this, through what i've suggested, but force it? No. That would destroy the feel of it. It would make the game feel more like a chore than anything. It would also force people into situations whereas they struggle to get things done.
First how do you know they have not been?
Second I don't remember having any need of the trade district on DragonGarde. Most of the shops were vacant. The ones that were not were hit and miss as to being stocked or not. You could occasionally find some oddity that you had been wanting but having difficulty finding but it was by no means certain. There was certainly no need to go there for anyone. Shops should be at graveyards and in towns. There should be some requirement to actually build a shop and not place a few random chests but again there is no need for any of it.
I have been on this map since day one I have twice purchased redstone from a chest shop, both times out of utter laziness, I have had no other occasion to use them and do not foresee any circumstances where I shall.
That being said I am building many shops though I find it unlikely people will fill them or use them as there is absolutely no need to do so.
With your suggestion there may be a few useful shops where people can buy things they want. though it is not likely as they can just as easily supply their wants themselves or in trade chat.
Part of the reason the new TD is not used is because its pvp yes. The larger reason is that after months without one people realized that they didn't need one.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
First how do you know they have not been?
Second I don't remember having any need of the trade district on DragonGarde. Most of the shops were vacant. The ones that were not were hit and miss as to being stocked or not. You could occasionally find some oddity that you had been wanting but having difficulty finding but it was by no means certain. There was certainly no need to go there for anyone. Shops should be at graveyards and in towns. There should be some requirement to actually build a shop and not place a few random chests but again there is no need for any of it.
I have been on this map since day one I have twice purchased redstone from a chest shop, both times out of utter laziness, I have had no other occasion to use them and do not foresee any circumstances where I shall.
That being said I am building many shops though I find it unlikely people will fill them or use them as there is absolutely no need to do so.
With your suggestion there may be a few useful shops where people can buy things they want. though it is not likely as they can just as easily supply their wants themselves or in trade chat.
Part of the reason the new TD is not used is because its pvp yes. The larger reason is that after months without one people realized that they didn't need one.
I would use your shops.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

You may not have shopped much, but others did. Yes many shops were dead, which is why I had suggested getting rid of inactive shops.

The TD would have been used in Bastion if it was, A. Non-Pvp and B. Introduced at the begining of the map.

I feel that your exaggerating the ''people can make what they need now'' a bit too far. I don't recall any profession being able to make armour, potions, enchanted tools, lifts, pistons, ect, all by itself. Sure, everyone can make bread, stone and wood, but we've always been able to do this. People have moved on. Those who do not appear to buy/need to buy armour, potions, ect, probably have enough already. I've never bought armour before, but have at least 1 double chest worth of chainmail, all from raiding.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I said need not want. There is no need for any of the things you have listed.
And your last point illustrates mine. There is no need for chest shops in the current system. A condition which again I am totally fine with.