• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Status System

TheSojourner

Legacy Supporter 8
I got this idea from the Godwars MUDs I used to play. As, the name suggests, they are simply a visual perk and have no tangible benefits.

Basic Description
1.) Everyone starts at 0 Status.
2.) 1 Status is awarded for a PvP Kill.
3.) 1 Status is deducted for a PvP Death.
4.) The Status range is 9.
Example: Player with 20 Status will only gain Status by killing players with 11 or more and only lose Status by dying to players with 29 or less.

I know it's simple, but more examples. Layout: (Status)(Title)Name

(11)(Veteran)TheSojourner kills (2)(Guide)Jonsoon.
Result: TheSojourner goes to 12 Status and Jonsoon drops to 1 Status.

(12)(Veteran)TheSojourner kills (1)(Guide)Jonsoon.
Result: Both players retain Status.

(1)(Guide)Jonsoon kills (12)(Veteran)TheSojourner.
Result: Jonsoon goes to 2 Status and TheSojourner drops to 11.

I think this would be very easy to implement and give a bit of bragging rights to PvP. It would also make it easier to see who is a deadly player.

Thoughts?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
This is already in-game, its called ELO pvp ranking. I like the idea of establishing a known pvp status differential that would tell a player when camping a noob is no longer worth it. I see determined ELO whores working all day with +1 ELO jumps...

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
This and a way to view rankings in a web browser, and have it displayed on the main page would be great!

TheSojourner

Legacy Supporter 8
I still think this would be better than a crazy, confusing, convoluted and corrupt (ok, that got out of hand) ELO system.

Occam's Razor. The simplest solution is almost always the correct one.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
Slightly off topic, but where does the ELO status even show up in-game?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
(1)(Guide)Jonsoon kills (12)(Veteran)TheSojourner.
Result: Jonsoon goes to 2 Status and TheSojourner drops to 11.
This example here doesn't make any sense to me. Why would you not punish the higher ranked player for losing to a lower Ranked? Surely you would deduct the maximum of 9 rather than just one.

TheSojourner

Legacy Supporter 8
This example here doesn't make any sense to me. Why would you not punish the higher ranked player for losing to a lower Ranked? Surely you would deduct the maximum of 9 rather than just one.
9 would just be the status range. The most status you can gain or lose would be 1. The range just means the range of status below or above you in which you can gain or lose status. The range doesn't matter below you when losing or above when winning.

Ex. 20 status can gain from anyone above 11 and lose from anyone below 29.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
9 would just be the status range. The most status you can gain or lose would be 1. The range just means the range of status below or above you in which you can gain or lose status. The range doesn't matter below you when losing or above when winning.

Ex. 20 status can gain from anyone above 11 and lose from anyone below 29.
Yea I see now, I was derping :p