• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Sound-effects for Skills! (Bard songs etc)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I saw some consideration that Summonarrow's sound might change from "bow shot", since "bow shot" doesn't make the most sense out of the tools available to us.

Two ways to go about this, making the sound reminiscent of "summoning" ie portal sounds, OR making the sound based on what fletching (making arrows) would sound like. I like the second, as Rangers are not very magical.

Ideas for new sound: Wood being cut, gravel being broken, or a different pitch of the eating sound.
Edit: Creepers make some great rustling noises, if used we could pitch it so it was not able to scare people as easily.

Ideally it would have something that sounds like either wood or flint being formed (whittled/chiseled) into arrows. For the lol's it could have a chicken related sound, as feathers have been essential to arrow making for centuries.
I'm fine with changing the summonArrow sound - I mostly just set that as a place holder.
We can change the pitch no problem.

andrew2060

Retired Staff
Not yet...
andrew2060 may have an update for Anvil - unsure.
I do have a working implementation of Anvils....problem is atm it'll break every single update, which is obviously unacceptable (because amongst other things Anvil blocks will have to be broken/replaced to update them every time the skill updates), its just quite simply not possible atm to do without some really messy java reflection and replacing all anvil containers with my own object.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
tl;dr
Is it possible to disable the new effects, personally i find it rather distracting. Danda suggested turn off particles but that hasn't done anything.
If you don't like some sounds, there should be files in your .minecraft for each sound, you can delete them that way. Like, deleting all but the tnt sound or whatever, ahah.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I do have a working implementation of Anvils....problem is atm it'll break every single update, which is obviously unacceptable (because amongst other things Anvil blocks will have to be broken/replaced to update them every time the skill updates), its just quite simply not possible atm to do without some really messy java reflection and replacing all anvil containers with my own object.
Terrible news though we do appreciate you looking into it :)

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
As hilarious as the forage sound is, I think a wolf howl is more appropriate for track. It should also scare anyone you are tracking.

Forage would make sense to be block sounds and vary by biome. Sand for deserts. Leaves for forest. Snow for tundra. You get the idea.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
If you don't like some sounds, there should be files in your .minecraft for each sound, you can delete them that way. Like, deleting all but the tnt sound or whatever, ahah.
God damn I feel dumb put this in the wrong thread -.- I meant the firework effects but wasn't paying much attention at the time to what I was doing :/

Deadmouse7

Glowstone
Well the suggestion is in the title... Remove the sound on DarkRitual. Why you may ask? Well because there is simply no need of the skill DarkRitual to have a sound since its spam-able and the sound is very obnoxious I know you turned the sound down about 20% kainzo but it still is very annoying and its not cool at all. Please sir Kainzo I don't want my enemy's to think of me while I'm in a team fight using the skill DarkRitual otherwise the enemy team is gonna be like who the hell is making that sound, Who Deadmouse? Shit dude focus him, His sounds are annoying and I don't want to hear them.... I would post a video of me spamming it outside of umbra to be a dick but I don't feel like making a video...

Sincerly, Your favorite mouse Deadmouse7 :D

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well the suggestion is in the title... Remove the sound on DarkRitual. Why you may ask? Well because there is simply no need of the skill DarkRitual to have a sound since its spam-able and the sound is very obnoxious I know you turned the sound down about 20% kainzo but it still is very annoying and its not cool at all. Please sir Kainzo I don't want my enemy's to think of me while I'm in a team fight using the skill DarkRitual otherwise the enemy team is gonna be like who the hell is making that sound, Who Deadmouse? Shit dude focus him, His sounds are annoying and I don't want to hear them.... I would post a video of me spamming it outside of umbra to be a dick but I don't feel like making a video...

Sincerly, Your favorite mouse Deadmouse7 :D
The sound has been lowered on DarkRitual and the type changed.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Sidenote: Is it possible to designate the origin of a sound such as pointing and using a skill that makes a certain sound originate from that spot. If it were possible it might give beguiler another cooks skill. Like faking tnt or a creeper hiss behind a target and run at them as they turn around.
Actually, this would be a REALLY cool skill :O