• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Sound-effects for Skills! (Bard songs etc)

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
1: Make the sounds toggable

2: Make sneak not have a sound, its soposed to be sneaky and atm you have it sound like a cat... What im thinking now is kainzo sees ninjas and all rogue specs and giant kittens.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
The sound for Recall needs to go. Our town just had a few members of TC come to our town, spam "@Hiiggiins is recalling. Hiiggiins has stopped using recall" over and over and over again. It's bad enough it spams the chat and lets everyone in a 200 block radius know that you need more hugs in your life, now imagine the sound it makes.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
PLEASE tell me scan has a firework AND sound
Haha, scan used to have really pretty pink fireworks but they we're removed because people spammed it. Scan currently has the sound of picking up exp and an ender effect coming out of your character. It's no longer so boring! :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The sound for Recall needs to go. Our town just had a few members of TC come to our town, spam "@Hiiggiins is recalling. Hiiggiins has stopped using recall" over and over and over again. It's bad enough it spams the chat and lets everyone in a 200 block radius know that you need more hugs in your life, now imagine the sound it makes.
Fixed next restart for the re-using abuse.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I saw some consideration that Summonarrow's sound might change from "bow shot", since "bow shot" doesn't make the most sense out of the tools available to us.

Two ways to go about this, making the sound reminiscent of "summoning" ie portal sounds, OR making the sound based on what fletching (making arrows) would sound like. I like the second, as Rangers are not very magical.

Ideas for new sound: Wood being cut, gravel being broken, or a different pitch of the eating sound.
Edit: Creepers make some great rustling noises, if used we could pitch it so it was not able to scare people as easily.

Ideally it would have something that sounds like either wood or flint being formed (whittled/chiseled) into arrows. For the lol's it could have a chicken related sound, as feathers have been essential to arrow making for centuries.

macura

Diamond
I'd say that the range of it is just too far. Even if the sound was decreased it is almost impossible to run around undetected, i'd say put the sound range to 10-15 blocks.

Sidenote: Is it possible to designate the origin of a sound such as pointing and using a skill that makes a certain sound originate from that spot. If it were possible it might give beguiler another cooks skill. Like faking tnt or a creeper hiss behind a target and run at them as they turn around.

LCountach

Wood
First I want to say. I Love The New Sounds Idea! I had the same idea just days ago and wondered if it would be possible. Surprise! Wish granted!

Very early after I started playing and unlocking skills. I felt something was missing. I found it very unsatisfying to kick something only to have it say I used kick in chat. I have now leveled to a Master Ninja. With sound many skills have come alive making the experience more fun! Eviscerate sounded a bit odd early on but I see its changed now and a lot less strange. Blitz Is Great! Flash! Bang! THUNDER! from a lightning attack is such fun! However on a whole I think a ninja should be "Stealthy!". The cat sound was very bad for sneaking around but it seems gone now. That's good! Unfortunately the sound for Smoke sounds like TNT going off! BOOM! That's not so ninja like. I think I understand the idea behind the sound. You wanted the ninja to seem like he is throwing down a smoke bomb maybe? In my opinion, (and it is just that) smoke bombs are not so noisy. Perhaps you could use the "FIZZ" sound for smoke?
  • Too loud & Wrong type - Substitute EXPLOSION with FIZZ or perhaps even nothing.
Ninja = Quick, Silent, Deadly, and Gone!
Ninjas are not - Crash, Boom, and Brawl!

Just my thoughts. I also wish I could try/hear all the other classes now first hand. :(

Edit: Sorry about the confusion. I wanted to say Too Loud and Wrong Type both for "Smoke".

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
First I want to say. I Love The New Sounds Idea! I had the same idea just days ago and wondered if it would be possible. Surprise! Wish granted!

Very early after I started playing and unlocking skills. I felt something was missing. I found it very unsatisfying to kick something only to have it say I used kick in chat. I have now leveled to a Master Ninja. With sound many skills have come alive making the experience more fun! Eviscerate sounded a bit odd early on but I see its changed now and a lot less strange. Blitz Is Great! Flash! Bang! THUNDER! from a lightning attack is such fun! However on a whole I think a ninja should be "Stealthy!". The cat sound was very bad for sneaking around but it seems gone now. That's good! Unfortunately the sound for Smoke sounds like TNT going off! BOOM! That's not so ninja like. I think I understand the idea behind the sound. You wanted the ninja to seem like he is throwing down a smoke bomb maybe? In my opinion, (and it is just that) smoke bombs are not so noisy. Perhaps you could use the "FIZZ" sound for smoke?

• Too loud
  • Wrong type - Substitute EXPLOSION with FIZZ or perhaps even nothing.
Ninja = Quick, Silent, Deadly, and Gone!

Ninjas are not - Crash, Boom, and Brawl!

Just my thoughts. I also wish I could try/hear all the other classes now first hand. :(
I've pushed an update for the volume on most skills - so please cite specifics if you can on which ones are still VERY loud. Re-test because I pushed one late last night.[DOUBLEPOST=1358976277,1358976139][/DOUBLEPOST]Smoke sound will be adjusted. Thanks for the heads up.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'd say that the range of it is just too far. Even if the sound was decreased it is almost impossible to run around undetected, i'd say put the sound range to 10-15 blocks.

Sidenote: Is it possible to designate the origin of a sound such as pointing and using a skill that makes a certain sound originate from that spot. If it were possible it might give beguiler another cooks skill. Like faking tnt or a creeper hiss behind a target and run at them as they turn around.
Range is vanilla in Minecraft - we haven't adjusted the range - I'll see if I can lower it but its unlikely at this point.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
tl;dr
Is it possible to disable the new effects, personally i find it rather distracting. Danda suggested turn off particles but that hasn't done anything.