• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Souls from mining and leveling feedback

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Okay I don't have any exact numbers but overall I feel that the drop rate of souls from mining is too low in comparison to that of leveling. You kill several mobs and you have at least 5 tiny soul shards however you can mine cobble for 2 minutes and find an iron ore vein which could drop none. Generally I think that the drop rates should be EQUAL so that you choose between mining and leveling to earn your money. This economy is meant to be a lot harder than previous maps however it's to hard to earn money from mining and to easy to earn money from leveling. They need to meet somewhere in the middle

I think it may be useful to release the actual drop chances to the public.

Overall I think that shards from leveling should be lowered and mining be increased due to the fact that mining is more time consuming than leveling. I think souls should drop based on Time:Reward rather than RIsk:Reward.

eh, hope this was usefull, thanks for reading.

ChunkyM0nk3y

Legacy Supporter 4
I think it is actually a good thing that you are rewarded more for fighting monsters because there is a certain risk involved in that, especially when you are at lower levels you can easily get overrun by monsters (just take a look at all the deaths in the PvE chat every day), and basically when trench-mining you can negate almost all risks to a certain amount..
Therefore I kinda disagree on your change from RIsk:Reward to Time:Reward..

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
I think it is actually a good thing that you are rewarded more for fighting monsters because there is a certain risk involved in that, especially when you are at lower levels you can easily get overrun by monsters (just take a look at all the deaths in the PvE chat every day), and basically when trench-mining you can negate almost all risks to a certain amount..
Therefore I kinda disagree on your change from RIsk:Reward to Time:Reward..
I guess but it gives certain classes advantages over others for making money, a class with lots of AOE will earn more money than someone without i.e beguiler vs druid. Not really very fair to make class decisions affect money on such a huge scale however all of the professions except farmer/miner could earn money at a balanced rate.

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
Kainzo upped it last night for greater ores. try again :p (I got 33 soul's worth from 8 gold ore)

Northac

Obsidian
yea, i found 8 diomands right after he upped it, went from haveing 140(ish) souls to 265 souls, which allowed me to spec. (got lucky with a large soul and several small ones)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
yea, i found 8 diomands right after he upped it, went from haveing 140(ish) souls to 265 souls, which allowed me to spec. (got lucky with a large soul and several small ones)
K so, 8 diamonds brought you 120s ? hrmm...
Can you tell me what the drop rate was like and what items dropped?

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Kainzo I think it would maybe be beneficial for you to grab a pickaxe and do 30 mins mining to see drop rates yourself or make danda/gab/angy do it. I haven't had any of these crazy drops they're talking about, I'm getting around 2 in 5 chance for anything to drop. Gold seems to have crazy drop chance compared to everything else however. We can't really give you anything when we have no exact numbers unless someone was willing to run some tests to get an average drop chance.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Kainzo I think it would maybe be beneficial for you to grab a pickaxe and do 30 mins mining to see drop rates yourself or make danda/gab/angy do it. I haven't had any of these crazy drops they're talking about, I'm getting around 2 in 5 chance for anything to drop. Gold seems to have crazy drop chance compared to everything else however. We can't really give you anything when we have no exact numbers unless someone was willing to run some tests to get an average drop chance.
I have done so - I test these drop rates based on mining 50-100 diamonds.

Northac

Obsidian
well it got one large frag (8), and a couple small ones, (unsure how many) and i had a few from mininn my way there, so my numbers were off for that, Was more on the point that i was happy i finally had the souls to spec into alchemist, sorry about the confusion.

If i can find more diomands ill make a note of how much i get (or if you want me to do it anyways, i need the levels)

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
So when I mined actually it was 10 gold, I got 30s (9 small 3 tiny)
I got 15s from 4 diamond ( 1 large frag, 2 small shards, 1 tiny shard)