• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Some suggestions for new server

After playing on the test server for a while now heres some suggestions that I have for the classes that I have experienced.
Necros
They need to be buffed. They are going to be essential for the nether, but then they get a (fairly) useless skeleton, a really pointless dot (needs to actually do damage then it would be awesome). Right now basically all they are good for is the web (very well balanced spell) and battery (very awesome) but who just wants to give there mana to others to do fun stuff.

I think drain soul is a cool ability but I'm pretty sure the range on it needs to be longer. There really needs to be more useful skills for the necromancer, make them more appealing to play so people will feel more inclined to play them.

Maybe a shield effect called Flesh Shield (using rotten flesh) takes like 20-30 damage before actually harming the player. 20-25 mana and 30 second cool down.
and or an ability that can be a single target dot, not a projectile a instant damage. for 5 damage a second for 5 seconds for 25 damage and calling it Unholy Affliction.

Bloodmage- They are a really awesome class and have a lot of potential. I just have a couple tips.

Syphon- needs to be more powerful. u sacrifice 4 hp to give 8 hp to another person. I think it should be increased to something like sacrifice 8 hp to give 16.
Soul essence i think still isn't working properly, it wasn't affecting mobs.
There needs to be a way to turn off soul bond. I really like the idea of being able to die from soul bond but I don't like the fact that (as of right now) you are forced to.

Bard
Bards are a very unique class. They have all those buffs (quicken=boss) but some of them don't work as well as they should.
Wisdom- regenerates the bards mana 12% per tick and increased of 7% mana and they can basically keep this on at all times if they want. I'm thinking the cool down needs to be longer, maybe 30 seconds to a minute cool down. And as of right now all it does for the party is add 1% to the 5% per tick. Wisdom should give an increase of 7% for everyone making it 12% per tick.
They are a rogue class and there melee damage should be more.

Warriors
Are outrageously powerful. Strong attacks, lots of health the best armor, just seems a little to powerful especially with enchanting.

Enchanting is way to powerful. It needs to be toned down a lot. I think that being an enchanter and or having enchanted gear should be beneficial. but when 4 people all mastered can't kill 1 person who has good enchanted gear it starts to seem a bit overpowered. As well as being able to go to the nether. If you get a sword with smite at at least smite 3 then it takes 3 hits to kill pig zombies who have 300 hp. If there is a way to tone down enchanting I would suggest trying to do so cause as of right now its way over powered.

Brewing/potions
Haven't tested it out myself, took forever to get a blaze rod and then couldn't find any nether wart but I think that nether wart should be more available. With so many people on the server trying to get it and so many of them x-raying to get as much nether wart as possible, it would be near impossible to compete. So I'm thinking that alchemists could have an ability to turn red mushrooms or brown mushrooms in a radius of 5 into nether wart. You still have to work for it, but it will be a whole lot easier for every seeing as who nether wart is the start to every single potion that everyone would make, obviously you are going to need a lot of it.
Maybe even a way to make a blaze rod in a cauldron recipe. It would cost diamonds and lava so it wouldn't get it without a cost but for people to kill a blaze they have to make there way through the nether find a fortress then kill a blaze and I don't see being able to do that until being mastered or really good at a class.

Farming (needs to get more exp from doing things)
even on the test server it was taking me a while to level up. But it is a very awesome class and will be very handy to have around.

icarumba

Legacy Supporter 4
I agree with you on most of the points you listed, but some I disagree on as well.

Necro's - Certainly need to get buffed. Your spell suggestion sounds exactly like what necro's need right now, because they are really lacking in the damage area. My friend tested out drain soul on me, and it was underwhelming. Flesh Shield sounds like a great defensive ability, and around 30 damage sounds great. This spell should have a semi-long cooldown (5-10 mins) because it would be pretty powerful for a necro to use. Also, necro's do need another single target spell for more damage, not necessarily a DoT, but something to help their damage out.

Bloodmage - This class I've mastered on the test server, and I agree Syphon needs to be more powerful for sure. Sacrificing 8 health to heal 16 sounds fair. Healing in general is very underwhelming with casts times, making it near impossible to use in battle. This spell is instant cast, which would make battle healing a little better.

Bard - Another class I've mastered on the test server. Wisdom is currently regenerating 7% extra mana per tick for the bard itself (for a total of 12% mana), and everyone else in the group only receives 1% extra (total of 6% mana per tick). Bringing party member's mana regen up to Bard's level would be ideal. Also, cooldown should stay the same because it would make people want to group with Bard's.

I disagree with you about damage for the Bard. They are a buffer class, with two great group buffs (quicken and might) and a group heal. On top of that, they have two AoE's at their disposal. Their damage seems about right at the moment.

Warriors - Warriors using enchanted armor are OP. Enchanting does need to be toned down a little, and Warriors for the most party would be fine. Samurai's however may be dealing too much damage (10 with a diamond sword). This should be toned down to 7 in my opinion, still strong but not crazy strong.

Brewing - I think it should be easier to make potions as well. Trying to find netherwart was a pain, I've searched for a couple hours and died many times and could not find a single one. Having a summon netherwart spell like you said should be allowed, however maybe it should only be usable in the nether on mushrooms there.

Icarumba, the only reason why I would suggest doing it to mushrooms outside of the nether would be because we would sort of run into the same problem as finding nether wart. Yea there would be more available but in no time at all there wouldn't be anymore mushrooms in the nether. On MC wiki is says that nether wart can be grown outside of the nether. I'm not sure if HC allows this but I think this should also be introduced if it isn't already. I'm just thinking that even if a small portion of the server is alchemists and trying to make potions, they are going to be competing for so many resources and I think the most basic should be the most easily accessible.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Maybe have a skill that summons one netherwart and has a minute cool down. If you want it so bad, you are going to have to work very very hard to find it :p