• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

So People

Favorite Genre of Music

• Total voters

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I voted rock because when people think of indie music they think of music I don't like. But when you think of the music I do like, it's not THAT mainstream (some of it is, alot of it isn't) and could be classified as indie.

Reguardless, it's all ROCK!

My favorite band is A Perfect Circle (more on the mainstream side of what I like, by alot)
Second would have to be Machinae Supremacy (they are from Sweden!)
Third would be The Protomen :p

deadandown

Legacy Supporter 3
I voted rock because when people think of indie music they think of music I don't like. But when you think of the music I do like, it's not THAT mainstream (some of it is, alot of it isn't) and could be classified as indie.

Reguardless, it's all ROCK!

My favorite band is A Perfect Circle (more on the mainstream side of what I like, by alot)
Second would have to be Machinae Supremacy (they are from Sweden!)
Third would be The Protomen :p
I wouldnt say Indie music is just music that isnt mainstream, it has this style towards it, and that is what I like. Bands like modest mouse, weezer, the pixies, cage the elephant, mumford and sons, cake, the black keys all have that sound and that is what I like about it. there is no doubt that that isnt my favorite genre

deadandown

Legacy Supporter 3
And for all you people who like electronica/indiepop stuff, I think you should listen to Kyle Andrews, I recently discovered him and his music is awesome!

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Interesting, a lot of the choices here I'm seeing for "Rock" would actually fall under Classic Rock (Zepplin, Floyd, the like.)

Though Rock, like many others, is very easily broken up into about fifty bajillion different categories. Blues Rock for ZZ Top, Southern Rock for Lynyrd Skynyrd, and who knows how many more for my other favorites like Stray Cats (who put on a FANTASTIC live show, by the way), Queen (Freddie Mercury will always be awesome), AC/DC (I need not say more)...

Actually, little known secret but I actually like Country a bit too. But... mostly the classic stuff. I hate the new pop-country shit they do now.

Also wish I could vote classical... there's a lot of good orchestral/symphonic stuff out there these days, and vocals are often overrated, haha.

For once, Amgroma and I agree.

Don't forget about TOOL, Filter, Toadies. Three of the greatest bands ever created.

TOOL HELLS YEAH!! But don't go forgetting Nine Inch Nails - it's so fucken badass that the 300 trailer used one of their songs:

The movie should have just been had that ^ on loop for 2 hours. Would have been infinitely more awesome =P

Edit: Oh and naturally Pink floyd deserves an honourable mention =D

@Dielan9999
Oh yeah APC is good too. Same singer - Maynard James Keenan.

I think you should listen to Tool's Lateralus album, it's probably the closest to APC and has quite a bit of variety. That might get you into them. =)

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
@SupaSkwirrel , your avatar. So jealous. And I love Road to El Dorado.

That's all I have to post, really. I guess my musical tastes are eclectic, but I don't like most modern metal or rap. My latest infatuation is orchestral dubstep. All the wubwub without killing off the concept of a melody.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
@SupaSkwirrel , your avatar. So jealous. And I love Road to El Dorado.

That's all I have to post, really. I guess my musical tastes are eclectic, but I don't like most modern metal or rap. My latest infatuation is orchestral dubstep. All the wubwub without killing off the concept of a melody.

You have great taste in music my friend

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
@Dielan9999
Oh yeah APC is good too. Same singer - Maynard James Keenan.

I think you should listen to Tool's Lateralus album, it's probably the closest to APC and has quite a bit of variety. That might get you into them. =)

Oh yeah I own all of APC's albums and all of Tool's albums except for Undertow. I'd say my favorite Tool album is probably a tie between Lateralus and Aenima. :p My favorite song from them is "The Grudge"

Jackrox256

Obsidian
Urg, Techno never like it. I like most types of music, but my favourite by far is Metal.

Oh by the way I HAVE BIEBER FEVER! Because I get sick every time I hear/see him.