• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Slime spawner

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Right now, theres no way to get slimeballs, no sticky pistons, no slimeblocks, no groupteleport, no quantumleap.
The ones players are using can only be bought at spawn, and those are from players that got them when slime spawners were available or when spawn rates weren't so low.

My suggestion is to give slime spawners back and reduce the xp.

SoHighFive

Soulsand
The exp for slimes is insanely low. I don't see any reason why they couldn't be more common. I ran around a swamp for an entire night and didn't see any at all.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
The exp for slimes is insanely low. I don't see any reason why they couldn't be more common. I ran around a swamp for an entire night and didn't see any at all.
It's pretty much the fact that each slime gave almost 15xp for each one you killed, so large slimes -> 4 Medium slimes -> 16 small ones = lots of easy XP

Slimes were stupidly easy to grind off of, mainly because they decently low hp, and the little ones couldn't hurt you.

SoHighFive

Soulsand
Why don't they just lower the exp even further? On average slimes split into 3 smaller slimes. If a standard enemy in the region gives 50exp, then make each slime give 4-5exp. A large slime splitting into 3 smaller will give you a total of 13 slimes. These take much longer to kill than a single enemy, so they should give at least as much exp.

13 slimes at 4exp each- 52exp
13 slimes at 5exp each- 65exp

I think that this is more than reasonable.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Why don't they just lower the exp even further? On average slimes split into 3 smaller slimes. If a standard enemy in the region gives 50exp, then make each slime give 4-5exp. A large slime splitting into 3 smaller will give you a total of 13 slimes. These take much longer to kill than a single enemy, so they should give at least as much exp.

13 slimes at 4exp each- 52exp
13 slimes at 5exp each- 65exp

I think that this is more than reasonable.
Again, it was mostly their farmability. They were so easy to farm, it's how most people mastered the last two maps (Boosts always helped of course).

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Again, it was mostly their farmability. They were so easy to farm, it's how most people mastered the last two maps (Boosts always helped of course).
Haven people mastered off 1k boosts this map and last map people lvl off 5 hour boosts, unless you have aoes slimes take a very long time to kill compared to other mobs

SoHighFive

Soulsand
I understand that slimes were too easy to grind. The solution is not to remove them. The solution should be to lower their exp so that it is more efficient to farm a single enemy than to farm a swarm of slimes.

Slimeballs are fun and useful... They don't need to be quite this rare.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Haven people mastered off 1k boosts this map and last map people lvl off 5 hour boosts, unless you have aoes slimes take a very long time to kill compared to other mobs
I'll give you the 1k, those were crazy. But slimes were always farmed in swamps. They were just too easy. Even without AoE's (They just made it even easier)

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I understand that slimes were too easy to grind. The solution is not to remove them. The solution should be to lower their exp so that it is more efficient to farm a single enemy than to farm a swarm of slimes.

Slimeballs are fun and useful... They don't need to be quite this rare.
I do agree with the 2nd half. Grinding off spawners is still something I'm not used to I guess, as it's always been either super limited (You could use spawners but you couldn't hinder to mobs) or 100% illegal. I think there needs to be a more engaging and fun way to level than simply grinding till the end of time.

But back on topic: More slime, please. Wizzy needs them (Ports are one of the most request/Sold things in the economy. If slime goes up so will the ports. Inflation baby) Engies want them for pistons, and Guilers want em for Quantum Leap.

I do agree with the 2nd half. Grinding off spawners is still something I'm not used to I guess, as it's always been either super limited (You could use spawners but you couldn't hinder to mobs) or 100% illegal. I think there needs to be a more engaging and fun way to level than simply grinding till the end of time.

But back on topic: More slime, please. Wizzy needs them (Ports are one of the most request/Sold things in the economy. If slime goes up so will the ports. Inflation baby) Engies want them for pistons, and Guilers want em for Quantum Leap.
Someone seems to have forgotten what a lvl 42 alchemist can do.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Someone seems to have forgotten what a lvl 42 alchemist can do.
That's not enough to sustain the economy.... Alchemist is already underplayed, one or two at most in a group for potions and thats it.
Also, that requires silk touch or a ton of farming grass blocks, which requires farming oak for saplings.
Slimes > Alchemist for slimeballs

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Im just compaining that they remove slime spawners because there were too easy to farm xp, but they also killed the chance to get easy slimeballs.

Im a wizard and an engineer... both things need slimeballs for some skills. Should i have a 3rd class to be able to use it? or is it a better option to just get a couple of slime spawners in dungeons?

For all those who insist in alchemist, why not to remove summonarrow from rangers? they can still get arrows from skeletons and from towns....

Iseradore

Legacy Supporter 6
They didn't remove slimes right? what has happened is that with the advent of dungeons coming back static world mob spawns have been decreased drastically to make lag more stabile. further there are only what, like three?, swamps this map, one in pvp and two in pve, and with mobs being almost non existent from world spawns the number of swamps matters even less. You can run an entire night cycle in some areas and not see a SINGLE mob.

42 alchemists require that they first either make grass blocks with saplings which requires farming trees, or that they use silk touch which at the moment is nigh impossible to get short of a great pick of notch with insane random roll. I had a town alchemist feeding me slime balls for a whopping 2 days before he was just absolutely burned out on the whole process so he respecced to another profession.

I'm not saying slimes should come back in spawner form because they are just so damned easy for anyone with aoe to farm, but what about a pvp dungeon with pvp enabled for them with very very low exp returns. Tuning down their exp would be a nerf to them in the over world, but as people have already stated, you almost never see them now randomly anyway. If we added them as a spawner that gave lowered exp in a contested area, it would encourage pvp there to farm slimeballs which i personally think could be fantastic.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Interesting this conversation popped up. I made the suggestion in this thread regarding wizard reagents that I could create a Quarry Townships structure that would generate slimeballs at a slow/low percentage rate.

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/wizard-suggestions-qol-buffs.56236

Or we could always readjust the Alchemist recepie.
I would prefer the Town Building, it would make another building that people have to decide to build instead of their 35th trade route.

SoHighFive

Soulsand
The alchemist recipe is easy enough it gives more dependence on alchemists, something that is needed imo

The slimeball recipe is a bit costly imo. The recipe should either be lowered or produce 2-3 slimeballs.

I agree that this helps alchemists to be more relevant, but they should not be required for reagents that combat classes need.

We have a discussion in the post that Alator linked above about a way to produce slimeballs in townships.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
I like that alchemist get relevant again, but not at the cost of a reagent being only obtainable by this profession...

Also, once again suggesting it, if it was possible, make alchemist able to lvl up crafting the cauldron recipes.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I like that alchemist get relevant again, but not at the cost of a reagent being only obtainable by this profession...

Also, once again suggesting it, if it was possible, make alchemist able to lvl up crafting the cauldron recipes.
It probably is supposed to, but I believe crafting xp broke