• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wizard suggestions- QoL buffs

SoHighFive

Soulsand
The highest reagent requirements. fireball issues, wasted sorcerer stats, and the feeling of fireblast.

Wizard is by far my favorite class to play because of the high skill cap and diverse skills, but there are a couple of issues that have been driving me crazy. Please let me know what you think about these recommendations, and maybe we can get some changes made!

Problem with Reagents
- First of all, wizards use more reagents than any other class in the game. Three of our abilities (bolt, megabolt, and arcaneblast) use gunpowder, and GroupTeleport uses slimes. This is alright except for these reasons. (1) Gunpowder has become infinitely more valuable because of TNT and raiding. (2) Gunpowder is far less common because typical monster spawns (Creepers) are far less common. (3) Slimes seem to be extremely rare as well. (4) See "Fireball: below.

Solution
- Lower the gunpowder requirement for ArcaneBlast to three and/or megabolt to one. ArcaneBlast is easily interrupted and can be quite difficult to land. Megabolt has less damage than Bolt, meaning it's also more situational.

Fireball
- The staple ability for Wizards has a known issue. If one of the ticks of fireball's dot kills a mob, then the mob won't drop anything. This is to prevent farming abuse (I assume by lava), but it is a HUGE hindrance to wizards. We are missing out on potential souls and rare drops because of this especially if the wizard is unaware of the issue. We could use bolt to farm, but gunpowder is far too valuable to waste of farming now. This is compounded by the fact that you have to be sure to finish Creepers with something besides fireball's DoT, or you won't be getting anymore gunpowder.

Solution- Give fireball more damage up front and only one tick. This won't fix the problem, but it will make it occur less often. If this isn't an option, then at least give wizards another ability (besides bolt) that they can farm with.

Sorcerer stats
- All stats besides Charisma are useful to all classes. Ravagers (T2 Berserkers) gain one Charisma, and Sorcerers gain two Charisma. What is the point in having these wasted stats? It seems like they would be infinitely more useful ANYWHERE else.

Solution- Remove the bonus Charisma and put those points into Constitution, Agility, Intelligence, or Wisdom.

Fireblast- If you throw a fireblast at a group of enemies then you have no control over who takes the damage and is knocked back. Not only does this just feel clunky; the particles for fireblast make it look like it should be AoE.

Solution- Increase the mana requirement slightly and make the ability hit all enemies within three blocks of the blast.

This is my first extensive post in the year that I've played Herocraft, so please let me know what you guys think. Thanks for taking the time to read this post! I appreciate any input.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Sorcerer stats- All stats besides Charisma are useful to all classes. Ravagers (T2 Berserkers) gain one Charisma, and Sorcerers gain two Charisma. What is the point in having these wasted stats? It seems like they would be infinitely more useful ANYWHERE else.

I dont want attributes to be "zero" even if you feel its a worthless stat - for roleplaying and appearances, it needs to be above "0".
This.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Outposts and Military bases are able to produce gunpowder at a rate of 432-576 per day if they are fed enough gravel. That might help alleviate the reagent issue if smaller player groups start going the outpost route instead of towns.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Outposts and Military bases are able to produce gunpowder at a rate of 432-576 per day if they are fed enough gravel. That might help alleviate the reagent issue if smaller player groups start going the outpost route instead of towns.
Goodbye gunpowder market hello gravel market.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Goodbye gunpowder market hello gravel market.
Heh. It used to be double that amount, but I cut it down.

Discuss: township strucure: "Slime Extractor" that would fall under the Quarry category? Slow production of slimeballs?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8

Discuss: township strucure: "Slime Extractor" that would fall under the Quarry category? Slow production of slimeballs?
Hm, Swamp only? Maybe that's too limiting. But similar to the %Chance in wheat farms and whatnot, a slime farm would be good for towns. Would help them get their own slime storages so Wizzy and Guilers could always fight at max potential (And any class that needs it really).

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Slime is easy enough, cut down on redstone (2 maybe for blink) and make gunpowder costs much less (bolt 0-1, megabolt 1-2 and arcane blast 2-4)

SoHighFive

Soulsand

If gunpowder production is available in outposts then you should make it available in towns as well. Why could a large town not produce something that a small outpost can produce?

A slime farm would be appreciated and well deserved. Make us feed it bonemeal (bones are underutilized) to produce slimeballs.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
A slime farm would be appreciated and well deserved. Make us feed it bonemeal (bones are underutilized) to produce slimeballs.
Thats a little too easy, maybe make a way for some of the highest tiered towns to make a dungeon of their own, with a spawner with a cost based on it's rarity/importance.

Iseradore

Legacy Supporter 6

I'm loving this idea more and more. We already have ways to make ender pearls, gun powder, ffs we have a STICK farm. i'd love to see this happen. these diversify your town creation choices and it would help out with wizard and engineers a shit ton.

SoHighFive

Soulsand
I'm loving this idea more and more. We already have ways to make ender pearls, gun powder, ffs we have a STICK farm. i'd love to see this happen. these diversify your town creation choices and it would help out with wizard and engineers a shit ton.

A town should end up being able to produce everything that it's members need as long as they can provide the materials and the planning/power. If you feel like there is a resource that you want to be less common then make the power requirement higher. Towns could essentially toggle these buildings on or off.