• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug [Slayer] Title not unlocking

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
In January I got a 100 kill streak. The title associated with it did not unlock. Back then, I posted a thread about this which can be found here. Recently after a long hiatus, I have come back to the server, and decided I would pe about the title. I was told to post here.

I am ready and willing to help find out what caused this, and am hoping that I will be able to get my title as well. (might already be fixed, was months ago.)

Here are the pictures:
20120113202308.png

20120116183323.png

Thanks in advanced.

@Kainzo @TheCoders

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
There were some instances were kills were calculated and shouldnt have been. Also, people were suiciding to avoid deaths. Due to this, we aren't granting titles unless a coder can say for 100% the glitch wasnt abused to obtain 100 kills. @mung3r

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
I can understand that. I do have multiple respected members of the community who can vouch for me, and this did happen after the whole fiasco about the /kills bug. At the time I was a dragoon and I kept my streak alive by knowing when it was time to leave and using "jump" to get away, not using /kills.

EDIT: About kills not counting up, I got my streak to around 112, before I was killed as a joke by one of my friends. So I son't think that is what caused this.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I can vouch for Bryn, he did it legit. Probably doesn't help much considering he is part of my town and I was one of the original people to /kill to keep my killstreaks xD

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
@ShizzDawgg
I'm pretty sure that assassin is 167 kill streak. ;)

@GreekCrackShot
Maybe if you consider PRO to be super quick at typing /kill. :p I'm kidding man you know I love you kiss kiss.

@Kainzo
I don't really know what else I can do to prove this, unless @mung3r has some sort of proof. I've never been banned, and I don't think I have ever been warned. I've had a few mutes and kicks just because I can get kind of hot headed in an argument :p. (As you may know)

Hopefully there's some sort of proof in the logs, but that is going back quite far. If not maybe I can start a petition or something. (Kidding) :p

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Well I've been trying to come up with some sort of way to prove that I did it legit, and this is all I've got.

scaled.php

As you can see I have killed 127 people in pvp and died only 55 times. Since I started playing again, I have died exactly 10 times in MA and once or twice in pvp. That leaves 44 deaths. Since I started playing the day of the map wipe, I was bound to die a lot. We had no food and starvation was a big issue. Plus I'm not the greatest miner, and I have a habit of falling into lava. Lets say that brings the total unexplained death count down to 15-20. Then we can start factoring in pvp deaths. I play this game because I like to pvp. In the first few weeks, before I started working on my streak, I died, lets say around 10 times. My town was pvp heavy and I can guarantee that I died in duels with my townmates ( @jmoney222, @look_out) at least another 7-10 times. This leaves anywhere from 1-5 deaths unexplained (estimated). That doesn't really give me a lot of room to be /killing every 5 kills into my streak.

My whole point here is that yes, I did do this completely legitimately, and the only proof that I can conjure up is based on you trusting me. I don't know what else I can do to prove this, but as you can see I really want this title :p .

EDIT: One more thing to add. I did not even know that I was on a kill streak until I got my [Assassin] Title. Then I started keeping track. Even then I did not really try to keep it alive until I hit about 80 kills, and realised, "I could actually get to 100". I.e there were only about 20 kills in my entire streak that I was actually careful about not dieing. Why would I have /killed if I didn't even really know what I was aiming for. Plus I didn't even know about the /kills bug until @GreekCrackShot got his slayer title. And by then I was already up at 60-70 kills.

@Kainzo @mung3r

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
If you

and you did it legit, why can't you simply do it again? In the time you spent to make this thread, you could of already re-obtained it.

I guess I could, but it takes time and effort. I put about 15 minutes into this thread in total. I think origanaly I got the streak over the course of 7-10 days, and I'm proud of the fact that I did it. Its probably one of my biggest achievements on this server, and I've been playing for almost a year and a half. Plus I'm out of practice and don't know much about half the classes anymore.