• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[skill] Iron Fist - Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
Okay so i just got to lvl 50 monk (yay!) and I got my lvl 50 ability!

(lvl 50) Iron Fist: does 10 damage to all enemies and knocks them back.
Mana cost - 30
cooldown - 20 seconds

wait... what?

Forcepush:
-has a chance to push the enemy or do nothing at all. Many times the push is equal to what happens when you bump into an afk player, but sometimes you get lucky.
-shoves the enemy in a random direction (hopefully away from the caster, but sometimes to the side an towards the caster) for a maximum of 2-3 squares in my experience, and as well tosses them up in the air.
-Subject sometimes flies in the air during the push and often takes 8 fall damage if on a level plane.
mana cost - 15
cooldown - 6 seconds

Running hit: 6-8 damage and sends the enemy flying back 4-5 spaces.

After much testing
Iron Fist:
- SOMETIMES (i've tested it, alot of times it doesnt even hurt) does damage - 10 damage
- Knockback: sends the players a whopping half a square away. The equivilent of standing still and smacking them.
-Must be near the target(s) for it to (sometimes) take effect. Ping/Lag/Getting smacked away by a running hit all make this ability miss.
-Costs a third of your mana.
-Has a 20 second cooldown. (that sometimes prevents me from using any other offensive skill)

This skill as a level 50 skill... is not a level 50 skill. any loving in the future?

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Sounds like running hit needs a nerf to make it more in line with other abilities.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Cleric - chant - exact same thing as pray but less efficient
Druid - replenish - exact same thing as what wizard gets at lvl 10
Bloodmage - Drain Soul - Same thing as necros/DKs ability and just as boring
Enchanter - replenish - same as druid
Ranger - Barrage - somewhat cool but I've never seen it used in a way that makes it worthwhile
Beastmaster - Lick wounds - Useful but super boring
Paladin - Revive - Same thing as almost every healer gets
Dreadknight - Drain Soul - Same as bloodmage
Samurai - Mortalwound - Boring and very situational yet good in those situations

I can guarantee that monks are not the only class that doesn't get something awesome and cool.

Edit: Note that this has nothing to do with you megan, but it is really annoying when people complain about specs in a good place when there are things like bloodmages that are suffering from being bad at everything.

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
well at least they could make the knockback something more than the knockback a standing hit gives...

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Monk is fine. If anything(from what I've seen from complaints in-game) it may require a nerf... maybe not. From what I've seen you do quite well as a Monk, so why change anything?

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
cause i wanna have spiffy skills that work... So far i've heard monk was a broken class until i started playing it and whailing on everyone. Now it's suddenly OP but we have so few skills and only half of them work 100% as intended.

GraRona

Portal
Monk was OP before you came along lol. You just heard the cries against the monk when you joined the server.

IMO right now, people are being too greedy neglecting the underpowered classes like bloodmage, Druid, and Dreadknight but are trying to buff their own class.

c12095

Holy Shit!
well at least they could make the knockback something more than the knockback a standing hit gives...

I'm pretty sure all dragoons feel this way after the impale knockback nerf...

Monks are underplayed, not underpowered. Quit trying to get more buffs, it's a waste of time that can be put to the thoughts of upgrading actual underpowered classes.

Hanpeter77

ICE ICE ICE!
Megan if you haven't noticed lately bloodmage is by far the worst hero class at the moment and they need a serious buff. Just because another class is getting a buff doesn't mean that your class needs one. And most classes only have a few skills that are only worth using such as a samurai's only useful skills are blade grasp and mortal wounds which doesn't even work at the moment.

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
Im not saying monk should get a buff just because bloodmage is. I simply wish to make the game more fun for all classes. Iron fist is not a fun ability. I can speak from experience being a monk. I could care less which class is better than which class or any of the other stuff, I play the game to have fun. Its the reason i chose a class that slaps people with fish, the reason i made a castle with traps, and the reason im making suggestions to make the game more fun.

I think c12 and han are just angry because I whooped them yesterday and simply trying to rage against me and tear anything i say down. I apologize for making a suggestion to try to make the game more fun for future monks and current monks alike?

c12095

Holy Shit!
Im not saying monk should get a buff just because bloodmage is. I simply wish to make the game more fun for all classes. Iron fist is not a fun ability. I can speak from experience being a monk. I could care less which class is better than which class or any of the other stuff, I play the game to have fun. Its the reason i chose a class that slaps people with fish, the reason i made a castle with traps, and the reason im making suggestions to make the game more fun.

I think c12 and han are just angry because I whooped them yesterday and simply trying to rage against me and tear anything i say down. I apologize for making a suggestion to try to make the game more fun for future monks and current monks alike?

I'm glad that your goal is to help all classes, I can tell this from the fact each thread you have posted has either been monks being underpowered or rangers being to op. Where in my post do you even see anything relating to your raid yesterday? Defend your ideas, don't try to make personal attacks on someone questioning or someone against your suggestions.

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm glad that your goal is to help all classes, I can tell this from the fact each thread you have posted has either been monks being underpowered or rangers being to op. Where in my post do you even see anything relating to your raid yesterday? Defend your ideas, don't try to make personal attacks on someone questioning or someone against your suggestions.
And where in the forums does it say to rage and call someone's suggestions stupid and tell people to stop posting on the forums, making them feel not welcome to the community at all? I made a suggestion, if you don't like it you can say your opinion and move on, instead of treating me like crap for no apparent reason other than me eatting your face for breakfast yesterday. I might be jumping to conclusions about you still being angry about it, but I see no other reason for you to treat me as such.

It would be a little difficult for me to comment on much of what other classes need as I barely mastered my first class. Im sorry that Im focused on the only class I've played so far and have experience with?

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
No you know what. You're right. People can't simply take in suggestions and move on. The forums here have been nothing but a flame war picking at people and telling them they should shut up because they suck. I should just stop posting on the forums since people here cant seem to handle discussions and developing ideas and recieving inspiration from other's ideas.

Can a mod just lock the thread? All they're going to do is flame more.

Status
Not open for further replies.