• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Skill Combo

Ultanian

Portal
As an advantage to partying, I believe when two skills from different classes are used they should combine and create a combo move, which has either/and stronger effects, buffs and debuffs. These "combo" skills could happen when two skills are used within a certain time frame, and would give another bonus to support classes.

Necromancer's Drainsoul and Pyromancer's Fireblast: LeechFlame- Enemy is hit with 1/4 more damage than normal, and half of damage dealt is given to both Necro and Pyro

Necromancer's HarmShield and Wizard's Bolt and MegaBolt: LightningWard- Both Casters are given an immunity to enemy Bolt, Shock, or MegaBolt for 15 seconds.

Necromancer's HellGate and Beguiler's Piggify/MassPiggify: NetherPiggify- Enemy is sent to the Nether while on a pig. (If done with MassPiggify, all enemies on pigs are sent to Nether. This makes it easy to clear out towns without killing them. Also the Necromancer isn't sent to Nether.

Pyromancer's Wither and Wizard's IceBolt: FreezerBurn- Enemy is slowed, and Wither Damage is doubled.

Pyromancer's Fireball and Beguiler's PlagueBomb: FlameBomb- Damage dealt from the sheep is 1/2 more strong, and sets target on fire.

Wizard's GroupTeleport and Beguiler's Teleport: ExpertTeleportation- Can Teleport to anyone in the world, failing if target is in another. (Ok, I know this sounds a little overpowered, but the cooldown would be 17 minutes, and at the cost of a diamond and a slime ball.)

Not going to list all... hope you guys think this is a good suggestion!

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
How would a team execute a skill together? To make it fair both sides would have to run it, and the skills API isn't intended to wait for that.
As for NetherPiggify, that'd break arenas wide open.
ExpertTeleportation, even with a long CD, throws ranger tracks out the window.

Ultanian

Portal
How would a team execute a skill together? To make it fair both sides would have to run it, and the skills API isn't intended to wait for that.
As for NetherPiggify, that'd break arenas wide open.
ExpertTeleportation, even with a long CD, throws ranger tracks out the window.
NetherPiggify requires hellgate to be used, which's reagents are 6 enderpearls. Necromancers aren't given ender pearls in arenas. And for ExpertTeleportation, the only ones teleported are the beguiler and wizard.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
NetherPiggify requires hellgate to be used, which's reagents are 6 enderpearls. Necromancers aren't given ender pearls in arenas.
Fair enough.

And for ExpertTeleportation, the only ones teleported are the beguiler and wizard.
Which makes for an amazing bounty hunting party to begin with.
Even past that, they could tele into, say, a town and log, then come back later when gtp cools off and bring an entire raiding party in.

Ultanian

Portal
Fair enough.

Which makes for an amazing bounty hunting party to begin with.
Even past that, they could tele into, say, a town and log, then come back later when gtp cools off and bring an entire raiding party in.
Which gives a reason to kill off the attackers, I think that would make raids and defenses more enjoyable! :D
(edit: Just saw the log part... perhaps be combat tagged by teleporting? If they log, they'll be killed?)

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
This is a good idea, I guess, but there are already forms of combos you can use in-game. No, the combo itself won't create a new skill, but there are many skill pairings that can be used that spices things up a bit.

- A berserker's rupture and toss, followed by a Disciple's forcepush is enough movement to deal a lot of damage.

- A mass piggify while a wizard warms up megabolt and a beguiler drops a plague bomb at the same time.

- A necromancer's Battery on a Mystic while the Mystic spams soothe on a 1sec cooldown, effectively giving both players full mana and full health in roughly 10 seconds.

I'm sure there are other classes that mesh well together, and their skills are designed to compliment each other. It's not written in code, but its definitely hard to deny.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
or before it was fixed, beguiler piggify, pyro/rune firewave would deal a bit

Shanok576

Legacy Supporter 3
I guess it maybe could work with skills that have a cast time but skills that have instant effects aren't going to be possible to combo