• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Skill Clean-Up

Xhazed

Portal
Wow man are u smoking the ganja i gave you.... I told u to use it when u are alone so that no one hears what you say. oo and ima increase the price of it, my mexican brothers got caught and the supply has decreased sorry

Theshadown

Stone
half of this stuff makes no sense, how is battery a bad skill on necro? it makes a necro/healer combo have infinite mana combined with dark ritual and giving some mana back to the healer, i wont even look at the druid changes, removing the horses from pally/dk i think is fine, despair is a fine skill, and i dont have the time or the want to go over anything else
Infinite mana in a 2 player combo is not a bad thing? that's crazy and breaks the game in too many ways.....

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Infinite mana in a 2 player combo is not a bad thing? that's crazy and breaks the game in too many ways.....
Bard has "infinite mana" with a one player combo, and you don't see a ton of people complaining about that.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yes. There needs to be a skill balancing for all classes so we can come into a consistent setup for classes / paths.

No. I don't think removing necessary / useful skills without a lot of thought are good for the class setup system.

Blanket changes are still being prepared for a big update - in the mean time, we will be patching in number changes and code fixes as we can for t1/t2 classes.

Thanks for your understanding :D

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
So since I've heard talk about Kainzo wanting around 13 skills on each class and cleaning up the useless ones, I thought I'd give it a go.

Let's start with Rogues:

Ninja-
Remove Fade. Situational and useless.

Remove Garrote. Again, situational and I've never seen a Ninja use it.

Remove GrapplingHook. Rarely have I seen a Ninja use this, much less carry a bow around.

Remove DeathMark. It's useful for tracking people down, but it's kinda taking away the role of Ranger isn't it?

Remove Blind. Blinds in HeroCraft are garbage. Never seen a Ninja use this.

Ranger-
Remove Wolf. Self explanatory.

Remove Camoflauge, Forage, and FarSight. Camo is situational, Forage is a Farmer skill, and Farsight is like Optifine zoom but worse.

Runeblade-
Remove Scan. I never understood why Runeblade has this skill as it's meant for Support classes.

Remove AbsorbRunes. While it does fit with the class, I've never seen or heard anyone say they use it.

Bard-
Remove MelodicBindings(Unless you give a slow to it. Remove BoastfulBellow then). Lackluster in damage and a waste of Stamina.

Remove HealingChorus. This skill is also a waste of Stamina and Mana.

Remove SongOfRespiration. Enchanters can provide helmet enchants, along with potions that allow water breathing.

Now that the Rogues are covered, it's Caster time.

Pyromancer-
Remove Scan. It's a support skill.

Remove Cauterize. Useless skill.

Remove Flameshield. Fire res pots do the job way better.

Beguiler-
Remove Scan.

Remove Purge. Useless skill.

Remove SummonFood. Trolly and occasionally helpful, yes, but unneeded.

Wizard-
Remove Scan.

Remove either Megabolt or Bolt. This is hard to decide upon as both are decent. I'd remove Megabolt as Shaman already has an AoE Lightning attack, ChainLightning.

Remove EnderPearls. Blink serves a better purpose; Pyro should be the only class who has access to this skill.

Remove Pulse. Beguiler should be the only one who has access to this skill.

Necromancer-
Remove Scan.

Remove Battery. Situational and IMO useless.

Remove FeignDeath. Trolly, yes, but it takes good skill to use this one right, and even then someone can run by you while you're invisible.

Remove Despair. An AoE Blind, yes, but does very little damage and IMO the blind doesn't last long enough.

Now the Warriors. I won't include Samurai since it's still a WIP.

Dragoon-Has 13 skills. So gg. But, remove Disarm 'cause it's broken.

Berserker-
Remove UndyingWill- Never seen anyone use this skill, but then again there aren't many Berserkers.

Remove Provoke- Useless IMO.

Remove Toss- Trolly and kinda funny but situational and a waste.

Paladin-
Remove Taunt. Intervene should instead be used for a more strategical "Shield" on your ally.

Remove Revive. Should be a pure support class skill.

Remove HolySteed. Gives mobility to a class that shouldn't have it.

Remove MagicWard. Useless IMO.

Remove Disarm since Disarm doesn't work anymore.

Remove Strike. Paladin shouldn't do damage.

Dreadknight-
Remove BecomeDeath. Should be a Necro only skill.

Remove DreadSteed. Same reason as HolySteed.

With most paths down, it's time for Support.

Cleric-
Remove Wrath.

Remove Dispel.

Remove HolyAura.

Remove Antidote.

Remove SacredHymn.

Druid-
Remove Forage.

Remove Antidote.

Remove RampartVines.

Remove Port.

Remove Camoflauge.

Remove Replenish.

Remove Earthwall.

Remove Bolt.

Disciple-
Remove Barrier.

Remove Balance.

Remove Smite.

Remove Safefall.

Bloodmage-
Remove Awaken.

Remove StealEssence.

Remove BloodGift.

Shaman-
Remove HealingSurge.

Remove EarthenFury.

Remove Reincarnate.

@Kainzo [USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]

Sorry for any grammar mistakes in there. Didn't do Support descriptions cuz there were a lot.

Warning: This is bait

image.jpg

I got here too late, the fish is all over this thread already ;-;

Ice_Burner

Legacy Supporter 1
Don't understand why you guys are bashing this because it was a suggestion I thought would be helpful to the Balance Team+Kainzo since I have heard Kainzo talk about in O chat multiple times to clean classes up.

Again, a suggestion...

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Don't understand why you guys are bashing this because it was a suggestion I thought would be helpful to the Balance Team+Kainzo since I have heard Kainzo talk about in O chat multiple times to clean classes up.

Again, a suggestion...
You're actually serious? Then try suggesting the removal of skills that aren't essential. The first freaking skill on the list (Fade) is essential to its class, you couldn't possibly mean it should be removed. Perhaps suggesting changes to a class you play is better than trying to "fix" classes you have no experience with.

Ice_Burner

Legacy Supporter 1
You're actually serious? Then try suggesting the removal of skills that aren't essential. The first freaking skill on the list (Fade) is essential to its class, you couldn't possibly mean it should be removed. Perhaps suggesting changes to a class you play is better than trying to "fix" classes you have no experience with.
You're thinking about Smoke. Fade is the one where you stand in the darkness and go invisible. tbh its situational so not needed.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
So since I've heard talk about Kainzo wanting around 13 skills on each class and cleaning up the useless ones, I thought I'd give it a go.

Let's start with Rogues:

Ninja-
Remove Fade. Situational and useless.

Remove Garrote. Again, situational and I've never seen a Ninja use it.

Remove GrapplingHook. Rarely have I seen a Ninja use this, much less carry a bow around.

Remove DeathMark. It's useful for tracking people down, but it's kinda taking away the role of Ranger isn't it?

Remove Blind. Blinds in HeroCraft are garbage. Never seen a Ninja use this.

Ranger-
Remove Wolf. Self explanatory.

Remove Camoflauge, Forage, and FarSight. Camo is situational, Forage is a Farmer skill, and Farsight is like Optifine zoom but worse.

Runeblade-
Remove Scan. I never understood why Runeblade has this skill as it's meant for Support classes.

Remove AbsorbRunes. While it does fit with the class, I've never seen or heard anyone say they use it.

Bard-
Remove MelodicBindings(Unless you give a slow to it. Remove BoastfulBellow then). Lackluster in damage and a waste of Stamina.

Remove HealingChorus. This skill is also a waste of Stamina and Mana.

Remove SongOfRespiration. Enchanters can provide helmet enchants, along with potions that allow water breathing.

Now that the Rogues are covered, it's Caster time.

Pyromancer-
Remove Scan. It's a support skill.

Remove Cauterize. Useless skill.

Remove Flameshield. Fire res pots do the job way better.

Beguiler-
Remove Scan.

Remove Purge. Useless skill.

Remove SummonFood. Trolly and occasionally helpful, yes, but unneeded.

Wizard-
Remove Scan.

Remove either Megabolt or Bolt. This is hard to decide upon as both are decent. I'd remove Megabolt as Shaman already has an AoE Lightning attack, ChainLightning.

Remove EnderPearls. Blink serves a better purpose; Pyro should be the only class who has access to this skill.

Remove Pulse. Beguiler should be the only one who has access to this skill.

Necromancer-
Remove Scan.

Remove Battery. Situational and IMO useless.

Remove FeignDeath. Trolly, yes, but it takes good skill to use this one right, and even then someone can run by you while you're invisible.

Remove Despair. An AoE Blind, yes, but does very little damage and IMO the blind doesn't last long enough.

Now the Warriors. I won't include Samurai since it's still a WIP.

Dragoon-Has 13 skills. So gg. But, remove Disarm 'cause it's broken.

Berserker-
Remove UndyingWill- Never seen anyone use this skill, but then again there aren't many Berserkers.

Remove Provoke- Useless IMO.

Remove Toss- Trolly and kinda funny but situational and a waste.

Paladin-
Remove Taunt. Intervene should instead be used for a more strategical "Shield" on your ally.

Remove Revive. Should be a pure support class skill.

Remove HolySteed. Gives mobility to a class that shouldn't have it.

Remove MagicWard. Useless IMO.

Remove Disarm since Disarm doesn't work anymore.

Remove Strike. Paladin shouldn't do damage.

Dreadknight-
Remove BecomeDeath. Should be a Necro only skill.

Remove DreadSteed. Same reason as HolySteed.

With most paths down, it's time for Support.

Cleric-
Remove Wrath.

Remove Dispel.

Remove HolyAura.

Remove Antidote.

Remove SacredHymn.

Druid-
Remove Forage.

Remove Antidote.

Remove RampartVines.

Remove Port.

Remove Camoflauge.

Remove Replenish.

Remove Earthwall.

Remove Bolt.

Disciple-
Remove Barrier.

Remove Balance.

Remove Smite.

Remove Safefall.

Bloodmage-
Remove Awaken.

Remove StealEssence.

Remove BloodGift.

Shaman-
Remove HealingSurge.

Remove EarthenFury.

Remove Reincarnate.

@Kainzo [USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP]

Sorry for any grammar mistakes in there. Didn't do Support descriptions cuz there were a lot.
You need to focus less on the non pvp skills and more on the pvp skills. Removing forage and wolf from ranger does not affect pvp what so ever. Put a little more time in effort and it will show.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
You need to focus less on the non pvp skills and more on the pvp skills. Removing forage and wolf from ranger does not affect pvp what so ever. Put a little more time in effort and it will show.
Ummm no thanks. I'd rather have the non-pvp skills and some of the "useless" or UN-needed utility skills removed than have essential PVP skills removed.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I never said essential, for instance sacred ward garrote and toss
The purpose of this is to remove excess skills from classes that have too many, and in most cases these are not Pvp related or utility skills which should be removed over the Pvp ones.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Rupture + Toss off ledge? Toss isn't totally useless as it throws them behind you.
Also pretty sure Ninja's blind can interrupt and silence targeted skills like bolt.