• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

SKFN

macura

Diamond
Other may have also noticed this but our numbers on HC have been dwindling a little so i thought of something that could help. A lot of new people come to HC but a very small percentage stay, if we could increase this percentage then we would have a larger and more diverse player base. Therefore i am starting a movement(more of a proposal but whatever) called Stop Killing The Fucking Noobs (SKFN). A lot of new players quit because people find their little wood cabin in the middle of the woods and camp the shit out of them. It benefits no one because it decreases the amount of potential players that we have. By noobs i mean people who are new to the sever, low leveled and not part of a town. Low levels in towns have regions and townmates to protect them so if they get in the way of a raid kill em.

Think about it. More players=more pvp, don't lessen the amount of pvp because you are bored and you have nothing better to do than noob camp.

If you are a noob and players are giving you problems contact me of another member(if anyone else wants to join the cause lol). Then i/another member will come find them and kill them until they learn the error of their ways. (Insert Liam Neeson picture and quote)

Anyone can join/help out, i don't care what town you are from. Let's all make the server a better place.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Well with Darkwerty quitting this seems like a perfect time to start this. I agree that noobs should not be camped, but some noobs deserve to be camped. Some of the noobs that whine in chat about the server should be camped. Some noobs that are just new and actually seem to know how to make a stone sword should be helped out. I would like to help out, Seems like a fun way to start up some PvP.

Last edited:

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
This is a good idea, although I do not support the idea of stopping the noob killing all together. I certainly agree that they shouldn't be camped (this causes noobs to quit and brings no honor), but if I see someone in the wilderness... I'm going to kill them (or at least try! haha).

I think if you changed the "K" for killing to "C" for camping, I'd be 100% on board.

Weikauno

Coder
you see, newbs(new people) should not be camped, but all noobs(basically people who have played a game a long time and know nothing about it and are generally really stupid) should be camped.

macura

Diamond
I am going to set up a guild thread later so that we can get a chat to talk in. No one needs to apply, just post something if u want in. Rangers would be greatly appreciated.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Honestly, I attempt to kill anyone I run into. However, I do not camp.

I have been known to occasionally kill a low level/new player and then chatting them up. Asking how they like the server so far/how they like their class/what they plan to spec in. I'll admit I don't do this enough as I should, but its interactions like this that might make the noobs learn. The best advice I try to give them is to level as quickly as possible and/or to join a town.

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
I feed the noobs bread, and tell them to spec crafter bec whenver I find one, they are just a level 2 warrior :p

TheBrute2001

Legacy Supporter 5
I have camped lo and the general region for a long while now and have killed many noobs. I never really realized the lasting impact of what i was doing, so to the great relief to the lo kiddis ill will now stop my noob poaching. Id also like to help the others like me realize what they are doing. #herocraftnoobsustainability

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
There's a good chance that the Adventure map will be mostly PVE. PVE is one facet of the server that is extremely lacking. While I feel that there should be contested areas, I feel we're letting down the core PVE players.

It will balance things out. People will build, defend towns, etc in Bastion but when it comes to farming gear, they will go to PVE and there will be minimal amount of PVP.

Weikauno

Coder
Honestly, I attempt to kill anyone I run into. However, I do not camp.

I have been known to occasionally kill a low level/new player and then chatting them up. Asking how they like the server so far/how they like their class/what they plan to spec in. I'll admit I don't do this enough as I should, but its interactions like this that might make the noobs learn. The best advice I try to give them is to level as quickly as possible and/or to join a town.
lol, I do the same thing, but I recruit them to my group :p

macura

Diamond
There's a good chance that the Adventure map will be mostly PVE. PVE is one facet of the server that is extremely lacking. While I feel that there should be contested areas, I feel we're letting down the core PVE players.

It will balance things out. People will build, defend towns, etc in Bastion but when it comes to farming gear, they will go to PVE and there will be minimal amount of PVP.
I am confused by what exactly you mean. Are you saying that there will be a map for pve which will result in less noob killing or something?

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6

That still doesnt stop noob killing, noobs will go into the world, see many diffrent world options, get confused, go into the wilderness, build a wood box, then die repeatedly to a level 65 warrior spec. Its how its always been done, they dont know what the other worlds are

Edit: Exactly what macura said, pve doesnt stop pvp on noobs

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
yep. we should do this for sure. this is why i hate rangers. we had a ranger in umbra who would only track players who were mastering crafter and werent in a town because it meant they had a lot of gold typically and couldnt defend themselves. it sucked and didnt feel good about it. @_Maxo did the same thing and bragged about how much gold he got just from camping noobs. I'm all for protecting noobs, but sadly most don't even know how to use the forums properly, or ask for help in game. they just end up raging and quitting.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
But this thread is about helping the helpless, not pve...

Most MMOs use PVE to introduce players to the game. With bosses thrown into the server for testing, and the immense skill of the architect team we could have an awesome PVE experience that will attract a new crowd of players and convince those already coming in to stay.

Even if there are extreme bosses in extreme dungeons that require 20+ players (aka endgame), a single person can't stay in a PVE world forever. Especially if they can't add/remove blocks in it. However they can use this to get started, maybe get some pocket change they can spend in the TD while they get accustomed to the server and consider PVP and joining a township.

PVE and MMO-style companionship (towns) is what kept me playing here when I joined in Sanctum map. Even though there really weren't any dungeons, PVE felt more rich back then somehow.

I think it's a great idea!

EDIT: Still we shouldn't wait on changes like that. I think your SKFN idea is pretty cool.

Northac

Obsidian
I'm for stopping the camping and such, killing in itself is part of the game, While i never had this issue (aside from a peroid trying to get back to spawn when i passed someones base) i have never been camped. I dont understand the appeal of it, killing someone who has almost no possible chance of winning if they fight back over and over seems more like cowardice, at least to me.

The pve map will attrach some, but Kainzo and others are right, I joined because i could build and use skills not just to play a rpg, so it will only be a temp fix unless we as a whole can allow the new players a little more time before beating them down, this may help keep them interested in the server longer, since they will have time to explore their class and the map.