• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Shaman Falls Behind

Would you try this class?

• Total voters

i2ebel

Coal
Shaman may look like a good class on paper but when you play it, you realize its just barely enough to work with. At the beginning, shaman is a melee with extremely low power doing around 25 hp of damage with a diamond axe. It's only ability at this point is shocking strike which does 50 damage and disrupts mana but is on a 10 second delay, 2 times the delay of fillers for other classes. At level 5 you get a skill you can't use: TotemRecall. You have no totems so you can't use this until level 15 where you get Firestrike totem which seems like a good item but it barely does any damage as well. It takes three firestrike totems with the mob constantly on fire in order to kill a creeper outside of a spawn. You also have to stay near the totem the whole time as the radius does not allow kiting at all. Doing so low damage, you find yourself constantly low on health from mob damage, luckily there is CleanseSpirit and HealingTotem.(Not Really) Both of those moves do about the same amount of healing with about 20 seconds delay between them. Healingtotem heals only 1/2 the health a mob can deal in 1/2 the time that a mob can hit you. basically you are avoiding 1/4 of the damage by using it and it works for 8 seconds. CleanseSpirit is just a burst of health that barely does a dent, It heals about 200 hp out of 900 hp and cancels with any interaction you need at least a minute to get back to health assuming you have the mana for it and didn't use it to attack. And that's just the beginning, It doesn't get better as you level up and the skills don't scale up with your level, you get the effect of early tier stats on late level abilities. Also, get this, The final skill ChainLightning only does as much damage as a bonespear from a necromancers filler ability. It looks like this was one of the first heroes and it never got reworked to step up to the level of the rest. Thanks for reading my suggestion. Feel free to respectfully comment below.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Where to start...

First off shaman is the 2nd newest class. I could go over why shaman is great in pvp and such, but I think it's all mute due to the fact that it's getting reworked in the future. Shaman will be losing a good portion of it's offence in favour to focus on support. There will also be a new class that will also use totems that will focus on offence and debuffs.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Classes should NOT be balanced on how they preform in PVE, period.

Thoughts;

+Shaman plays more of a supportive role, it's skills reflect that so don't expect it to have a huge damage output
+I would like to see the unlock level of firestrike totem swapped with totem recall
+remove axe skills, add in lighting totem OR another damaging totem
+heals again reflect it's class role of being support, it is not a healing based class
+Yes I would play the class in it's current state but there's no need for me to do so

PoisonEdge

Legacy Supporter 3
I currently play the class.. I just hit level 30, but so far I have no problems with it. Sure, I do lower damage, but when I am in a group with friends that is where I shine. I don't need to attack much, just drop a totem here or there and keep the party alive where I can.

i2ebel

Coal
Thanks for the replies so far guys. Opens up how I see shaman now. When I got shaman I was under the assumption it was like an area attacking mage that had a few buffs. The wiki says:" Shaman are elemental warriors who thrive in the ability to attack multiple foes and heal allies. Despite their lack of mobility, they have the elemental power to slow, buff, and resurrect fallen allies." Usually higher attack characters have lower mobility so I guess it was more my fault for assuming. Glad you guys are reworking it to have better support abilities, guess I'll have to party a lot more to take advantage of it. Thanks!

Dewyn

Retired Staff
Always nice to see someone open-minded ^_^

Unlike myself when I first joined, ranting about how Necro was terrible...

(Necro is amazing. I just suck.)

Always nice to see someone open-minded ^_^

Unlike myself when I first joined, ranting about how Necro was terrible...

(Necro is amazing. I just suck.)
I liked (emphasis on the D) Necro at a low level. But I then tried Beserker on Visions and I then started to hate Necro. Granted I haven't had the time to Max my necro on Visions and actually use it cause I am trying to do everything else. BTW what class should I make for a sort of tutorial like what Ahrall/TheOneWhoFliesTrains did.

Deaky04

TNT
I liked (emphasis on the D) Necro at a low level. But I then tried Beserker on Visions and I then started to hate Necro. Granted I haven't had the time to Max my necro on Visions and actually use it cause I am trying to do everything else. BTW what class should I make for a sort of tutorial like whatAhrall/TheOneWhoFliesTrains did.
Dude since we are talking bout it, Shaman