• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Read Server Selected: Darkhaven [DH]

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We will be playing on the US based server Darkhaven.

Feel free to join us up and play with us on this beta weekend (if you have preordered)

Guildname: "The Gods That Failed"
PM Jwplayer01 for an invite.

B

Bingy1218

Dangit need more cash to pre-order shame theres no open betas atm :(

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Just my luck.... Client refusing to download past 20%...

This be bullshit. I'd better be able to play on the beta this weekend or tables will be flipped.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
I've created the DH guild. Feel free to invite me to a party. Just invite "Anastrianna" or send me a tell and I'll invite you.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
I have really been enjoying it. I've gotten to level 11 so far and I'm really enjoying the dynamic world and group events that reward you based on your input... especially because I'm an elementalist and I own balls :p I've been doing personal story stuff with Kainzo as well, since we inadvertently chose the same background story.

I dislike the overflow for zones, because there's no control over whether you're with your party or not, but I can't imagine they'd leave it like that. And I also dislike that there is no 1st person; the detail in the game is absolutely amazing and you can't really get a good look at all of it in 3rd person. And lastly, there is no widescreen optimization, but to be fair most games don't have this... as it's not really common for MMORPG gamers to have a high resolution (4800x900/5960x1080) as it really only has a benefit for FPS games. ^.^

That being said, playing an elementalist... or any class... the combat is really great. You have different skills based not only on your primary weapon, but off-hand weapons as well. I'll post some screen shots tomorrow. But I've really been enjoying it.

The crafting system is also very well done. It's a less "hardcore" version of Vanguard crafting. You have to make individual parts for weapons and necklaces and rings and such, but it's very easy to understand and while it does take a lot of time, it's well worth it and a very lovely system. You actually discover new recipes by experimenting, which is a really fun addition.

I'm impressed with what I've seen of the game so far. I've been playing literally non-stop since I got home at 1pm, and I've only discovered 2% of the world. And I'm pretty far along with a good bit of the Human starting area. I'm really looking forward to seeing the last two races and other implementations. It's getting hard to keep my hopes low...

Apherdite

Queen Bee
Okay I lied. I'm uploading some shots now:

s1CeE.jpg

Character screen. Mesmer, Theif, Necro and Ele.

TuiRS.jpg

Me resurrecting derpy-bags (Kainzo) after he jumped off a ledge and killed himself.

3wnWa.jpg

Some lovely scenery of the Human starting town of Queensland: Village of Shaemoor.

h83jA.jpg
This is the first set of tailored armor I've made. Took me quite a while.

32EH6.jpg

This is the weapon-based skills, there's several for each. This is just a couple. :)

DnBiP.jpg

This is an example of foraging. It's a system that is pretty unique, I enjoy it.

zYEg2.jpg

This is just a picture of the lovely scenery. ^.^ The locals are even enjoying it. :p