• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Seige must stay

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Siege sounds like the perfect place for the trolls. I have read through this thread, including the text walls of Grumpy ol Dragon who likes RP but has never left Herocraft or successfully raised us from the "pathetic" level of RP, and the text walls of Uppity-NewComer-and-PhD-Candidate Beau_Nearth (who's probably just Nuc or something anyways). Here is my own Text wall, with a TL:dr at bottom.

PC Minecraft as a community has gained a reputation as a trolly game. "Griefing" is uniquely possible, and uniquely rewarding in Minecraft. We want the server to flourish, while remaining a bastion of RPG-ness.

Siege:
  • No Money/Item Transfer to other worlds: This will help prevent the proliferation of campers out to get rich quick, and keep it to only campers who want to camp for the fight. Also keeps the Siege economy insular and manipulable.
  • No mobs: TnT regen will cause lag, mobs cause lag, Siegers don't want mobs.
  • Classes transfer from the other worlds: The effort required to be part of this server is an essential part of the server, if we offer mini-game difficulty classes we will kill off the playerbase that wants an RPG feel to the game (for all you Test-Server whiners who want insta-65, spoiler alert: Kainzo wants the RPG version of the game more than he wants you, and is slowly evolving his style but not as fast as, again you, the "test server pvper users who can't be bothered to be part of a community").
  • Easy faction style raiding: DHX needs to sell TnT, TnT block breaking with regen is ON, everyone can place TnT regardless of profession
  • Clans: Separate clan groupings than on PvP, otherwise Clans same as current implementation.
  • No towns: Towns are unraidable with TnT, and Towns should be the incentive to play on Aegis.
  • Cheap Residence costs, but universal limits of X by X by X. Large donor residences should, again, be limited to Aegis. If Clans want a large area to defend, they can group residences together. If we need to stop Residences from being directly next to each other by giving them a 1 block border that disallows foreign residences, then we can assure that no organized pvpers have buffer regions to protect a vault region from Raids.
  • Separate item vendors that sell the same Gladiator Items as well as epically trolly items like SuperSlapples. The only way to earn these items is by killing players and harvesting Medals
  • Smaller map size to promote "interaction"
TL:dr - Separate economy, No mobs, Classes transfer, raiding with tnt is server-supported, Clans Yes, Towns No, Residences universal medium size (with 1 block border to prevent res stacking? maybe.), Gladiator items plus extra fun items that we can't have on Aegis.

In short, Siege is a chaotic world with its own incentives to raid. Being 65 on it would require leveling on the main worlds, or Classes would not transfer and leveling would be faster, but that would require a number of incentives that make main worlds more appealing to permanent playstyles. I am of the opinion that easier leveling even on a smaller map full of TnT troll campers will change the community into a weaker, watered down version of its current state.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
I think everyone is entirely missing the point of siege. If I remember correctly, it is going to be open for a certain time period every month. It is built like a test server, with augmented leveling and pretty much free items (in this case tnt). It is easily accessible to the general mass of HCers.

The siege world is a world that is going to be used to test features that will be implemented into the core HC experience. I'm not sure why everyone is getting their panties up in a wad about the possibility of it becoming a permanent, meaningful server.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Siege sounds like the perfect place for the trolls. I have read through this thread, including the text walls of Grumpy ol Dragon who likes RP but has never left Herocraft or successfully raised us from the "pathetic" level of RP, and the text walls of Uppity-NewComer-and-PhD-Candidate Beau_Nearth (who's probably just Nuc or something anyways). Here is my own Text wall, with a TL:dr at bottom.

PC Minecraft as a community has gained a reputation as a trolly game. "Griefing" is uniquely possible, and uniquely rewarding in Minecraft. We want the server to flourish, while remaining a bastion of RPG-ness.

Siege:
  • No Money/Item Transfer to other worlds: This will help prevent the proliferation of campers out to get rich quick, and keep it to only campers who want to camp for the fight. Also keeps the Siege economy insular and manipulable.
  • No mobs: TnT regen will cause lag, mobs cause lag, Siegers don't want mobs.
  • Classes transfer from the other worlds: The effort required to be part of this server is an essential part of the server, if we offer mini-game difficulty classes we will kill off the playerbase that wants an RPG feel to the game (for all you Test-Server whiners who want insta-65, spoiler alert: Kainzo wants the RPG version of the game more than he wants you, and is slowly evolving his style but not as fast as, again you, the "test server pvper users who can't be bothered to be part of a community").
  • Easy faction style raiding: DHX needs to sell TnT, TnT block breaking with regen is ON, everyone can place TnT regardless of profession
  • Clans: Separate clan groupings than on PvP, otherwise Clans same as current implementation.
  • No towns: Towns are unraidable with TnT, and Towns should be the incentive to play on Aegis.
  • Cheap Residence costs, but universal limits of X by X by X. Large donor residences should, again, be limited to Aegis. If Clans want a large area to defend, they can group residences together. If we need to stop Residences from being directly next to each other by giving them a 1 block border that disallows foreign residences, then we can assure that no organized pvpers have buffer regions to protect a vault region from Raids.
  • Separate item vendors that sell the same Gladiator Items as well as epically trolly items like SuperSlapples. The only way to earn these items is by killing players and harvesting Medals
  • Smaller map size to promote "interaction"
TL:dr - Separate economy, No mobs, Classes transfer, raiding with tnt is server-supported, Clans Yes, Towns No, Residences universal medium size (with 1 block border to prevent res stacking? maybe.), Gladiator items plus extra fun items that we can't have on Aegis.

In short, Siege is a chaotic world with its own incentives to raid. Being 65 on it would require leveling on the main worlds, or Classes would not transfer and leveling would be faster, but that would require a number of incentives that make main worlds more appealing to permanent playstyles. I am of the opinion that easier leveling even on a smaller map full of TnT troll campers will change the community into a weaker, watered down version of its current state.

I don't even know what Nuc stands for or means! Urban dictionary hasn't helped at all but regardless. I'll take it as a compliment. Anyway, looking back at it now. Siege would be best suited being a event/ party server and most importantly. A public test server for PVP changes.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Was a joke, taking it as a compliment is appropriate.

Siege events could be cool