• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Seige must stay

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
PvPers Don't want to level, They want to pvp and leveling makes them not want to play a certain class etc.

Be More Descriptive please, I like it, its not boaring like Aegis where I go to conquest point and people run from 3v1s
These PVErs dude lol. They like to mindlessly kill mobs for the rest of their lives

Avoir

Obsidian
OK Devoted, please explain Herocraft PVE to me in all of its complexity

Stop being a dick, some players like to kill mobs and some like to kill other players, we all have our personal opinions of what fun is. You shouldn't be judging others by their play style.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Stop being a dick, some players like to kill mobs and some like to kill other players, we all have our personal opinions of what fun is. You shouldn't be judging others by their play style.
Well said, i personally prefer the pvp aspect of HC over pve any day, but i can understand how some may like the pve aspect of HC more.

RagingDragon5

Portal
OK Devoted, please explain Herocraft PVE to me in all of its complexity

Herocraft PVE is basically survival mode just with the heroes plugin. Survival mode was the biggest thing in Minecraft, that's how I see it.

Edit: Also adding the Test Siege world permenately would cause the main worlds to go extinct.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
PVPers like to mindlessly PVP for the rest of theirs, point being?
They don't want to waste their time leveling and want to get right to a fun part of the game. look at most other servers the ones that are hardcore give you a kit of items at the start to help you get right into a fight, or there are minigames that you constantly play over and over. people enjoy being able to get through the grind fairly quick so they can actually enjoy the server.

Xhazed

Portal
I dont think siege should be kep or added now it should have been aded at the start cause most people would have though better their buildings now they have to change stuff and thingss

RagingDragon5

Portal
They don't want to waste their time leveling and want to get right to a fun part of the game. look at most other servers the ones that are hardcore give you a kit of items at the start to help you get right into a fight, or there are minigames that you constantly play over and over. people enjoy being able to get through the grind fairly quick so they can actually enjoy the server.

This is just my opinion: This isn't a kit server or just a plain pvp server. It is an rpg server, it doesn't make sense to play an rpg game that has pvp and not expect to grind. I believe the people who complain about the grind are the people who only cares about pvp and nothing else. I do see and respect your view though, I just see it differently.

Edit: Starting to get off-topic, so I will just leave it here on my part.

Last edited:

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
This is just my opinion: This isn't a kit server or just a plain pvp server. It is an rpg server, it doesn't make sense to play an rpg game that has pvp and not expect to grind. I believe the people who complain about the grind are the people who only cares about pvp and nothing else. I do see and respect your view though, I just see it differently.

Edit: Starting to get off-topic, so I will just leave it here on my part.
Just gonna say one more thing.

I like HC because its like RPG's, which tend to be grindy, which is fun! but for some reason the grindy aspect of HC isnt fun :( i think with mob bosses, quest and RPG map it will be more fun to lvl.

I also like HC because you can build your own towns and houses, which is super awesome. And i really like the pvp, its fun :)

Not to mention we have a shit ton of classes, which can all be customized with attributes!

Point is, HC will have ups and downs. But we're going in the right direction for sure, and this update will be great.

EDIT: Lets keep it more on topic, my view on this is siege doesn't need to stay. Kainzo mentioned maybe each month having a 3 day event like siege (maybe each could be for testing something? whether its added or not) either way the changes are being tested so they can come to live, and these updates will be awesome!

Xhazed

Portal
Just gonna say one more thing.

I like HC because its like RPG's, which tend to be grindy, which is fun! but for some reason the grindy aspect of HC isnt fun :( i think with mob bosses, quest and RPG map it will be more fun to lvl.

I also like HC because you can build your own towns and houses, which is super awesome. And i really like the pvp, its fun :)

Not to mention we have a shit ton of classes, which can all be customized with attributes!

Point is, HC will have ups and downs. But we're going in the right direction for sure, and this update will be great.

EDIT: Lets keep it more on topic, my view on this is siege doesn't need to stay. Kainzo mentioned maybe each month having a 3 day event like siege (maybe each could be for testing something? whether its added or not) either way the changes are being tested so they can come to live, and these updates will be awesome!
Coolbeans giving good ideas wow how much time has it been since i checked the forums. On the other hand @Kainzo his idea is probs the beat i have seen its like an event BUT YOU ARE TESTING THINGS. There should be no reward and just be done for fun but leave the 10x exp boost and maybe even give players stuff idk. Great idea

Ruger392

Obsidian
Idk how i feel on seige yet, some things could be done better but then again people want something now. Problems Problems.... Glad this is just temp

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
Herocraft PVE is basically survival mode just with the heroes plugin. Survival mode was the biggest thing in Minecraft, that's how I see it.

Edit: Also adding the Test Siege world permenately would cause the main worlds to go extinct.

Should just add siege into PvP its dead anyway.

EDIT:

Problem I see with this is though, you would have people from PvE raiding people in PvP, that would be rather unfair. This is when items transferring between servers is a bad thing.