• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Scribe

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
Hey everyone! I had totally forgotten about scribe until the other day and I was astonished when I looked at their skills. There are some real balance issues with this class, and a simple fix would just be to remove these certain skills because scribe is not a combat class.

Superheat: For 20 seconds, you smelt ores as you mine.
I don't even understand why a class that uses a pen and paper can use a miner skill.

SafeFallOther: For 10 seconds, you can save your target from taking fall damage.
Although I could see this actually happening (using feathers to dampen a fall) but again, this is not a combat/support class therefore should not have a skill like this.

Dispel: You remove up to 3 magical effects from your target.
Once again, combat skill, not sure why scribe has anything like this.

Gills: For 1 minute you can breath under water.
Same story as the others, not a combat class, doesn't fit the class.

All of these skills make scribe a very unbalanced class because some players (most don't :p) go scribe just for these added benefits in combat. If I am missing something, please tell me. :)

The skills scan, farsight, and light were questionable at first but I then realized that a writer might need these skills.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
Hey everyone! I had totally forgotten about scribe until the other day and I was astonished when I looked at their skills. There are some real balance issues with this class, and a simple fix would just be to remove this certain skills because scribe is not a combat class.

I don't even understand why a class that uses a pen and paper can use a miner skill.

SafeFallOther: For 10 seconds, you can save your target from taking fall damage.
Although I could see this actually happening (using feathers to dampen a fall) but again, this is not a combat/support class therefore should not have a skill like this.

All of these skills make scribe a very unbalanced class because some players (most don't :p) go scribe just for these added benefits in combat. If I am missing something, please tell me. :)

The skills scan, farsight, and light were questionable at first but I then realized that a writer might need these skills.
I agree that alot of these skills don't fit the class but at the same time I feel that other than Dispel they are almost useless and very situational.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Hey everyone! I had totally forgotten about scribe until the other day and I was astonished when I looked at their skills. There are some real balance issues with this class, and a simple fix would just be to remove this certain skills because scribe is not a combat class.

I agree completely.

While all of these skills can be used for combat in one way or another, I believe Dispel is the big issue. Dispel is a combat ability of the strongest caliber and should not exist on a profession.

It can remove One.
It can remove Windwalk
It can remove Might.
It can remove Wisdom.
It can remove FlameShield.
And I think it might be able to remove ShieldReflect, but don't quote me on that.

It allows certain classes to have an insane advantage over others. A Wizard Scribe cannot be touched by a Samurai or Runeblade, due to the ability to remove their "gap closing" ability.

While I understand that Scribe is not exactly in a good place, it is currently being used entirely for the PVP advantages, and I do not like this. I think that Dispel should be removed from this profession immediately.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree completely.

While all of these skills can be used for combat in one way or another, I believe Dispel is the big issue. Dispel is a combat ability of the strongest caliber and should not exist on a profession.

It can remove One.
It can remove Windwalk
It can remove Might.
It can remove Wisdom.
And I think it might be able to remove ShieldReflect, but don't quote me on that.

It allows certain classes to have an insane advantage over others. A Wizard Scribe cannot be touched by a Samurai or Runeblade, due to the ability to remove their "gap closing" ability.

While I understand that Scribe is not exactly in a good place, it is currently being used entirely for the PVP advantages, and I do not like this. I think that Dispel should be removed from this profession immediately.
That was my opinion when Scribe was released as well. Still is. The Scribe unfortunately though does not have much to fall back on if these pseudo-pvp skills are removed.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Need to retune the entire class - using a book/book creator plugin. Havent found one lightweight enough to do it.

Until then it is a jack-of-all-trades.

Haunted9899

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree completely.

It can remove One.
It can remove Windwalk
It can remove Might.
It can remove Wisdom.

Need to retune the entire class - using a book/book creator plugin. Havent found one lightweight enough to do it.

Until then it is a jack-of-all-trades.
Even if the only ability scribes had was dispel it would still be a tremendous advantage on any class in the game. Taking away 3 buffs is just too much in my opinion.

I have not looked at the code on this, but changing the attributes on "one/windwalk" to make it no longer able to be dispelled would fix this problem altogether. While having might and wisdom dispelled off of a player may be inconvenient it certainly is not game breaking.