• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Scrap Doomwave

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Another Pyromancer suggestion here.

Why should doomwave be scrapped? I find doomwave to be a very point less skill. It is pure luck to hit a target with doomwave. Doomwave is meant to give you some sort of escape route when on low health. But by the time your low and you are waiting on the warm up on doomwave, your dead.

What do we replace it with? A new skills called Fire bolt. A fire bolt creates a circle of fire works with a 2-3 warm up. It then unleashes several bolts for the effects where it deals damage and lights the target on fire.

How much damage would this do? I am sure we can mull this over but perhaps we give it 120 base damage and then + (number) intellect attribute points.

In conclusion: Doomwave is a skill that is not used that a lot, so why should we have a skill that isn't very effective and is un popular. Lets give pyro a skill that makes people want to get to there level 65 and reach a effective and damm right awesome skill.

Thoughts below thank you...

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
My thoughts on doomwave:
The idea of a melee class with a skill that usually takes you out of melee range is.... odd. First up the cast timer typically gives your enemy time to get out of doomwave's 6(ish) block range. Then when you start teleporting all over the place there is a pretty good chance that your last port will be 6 blocks behind you, now suddenly your enemy has gotten 12 blocks away from you and you're screwed.
Now some may say "stun them with great combustion then cast it" and this is a valid plan, if doomwave hits. The erratic nature of 20 ender pearls shotgunning into the air means that this skill is extremely difficult to land. Whats worse there is nothing you can do to "aim" it, i'ts all luck. Then if it does, by some miracle, manage to land the damage is pretty weak.

My idea: remove the cast timer, increase the amount of projectiles, and don't teleport to the projectiles. Being able to shotgun 30 fireballs into the air will drastically increase the chances of hitting one or more. Removing the cast timer (or even removing the movement penalty during the cast) will make things more interesting and help fix the sluggishness of pyromancer, and removing the teleportation is just to further reduce the sheer randomness of the skill, because nothing sucks more than being a melee class that has a skill that peels them off their targets.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Disclaimer: I know little about coding
Could we change the projectile to be something other than an ender pearl? (example: vanilla fire charge/ wizard fireball) Thinking of ways to simplify things without lines upon lines of nasty script, a quick projectile swap might be an easy change

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Disclaimer: I know little about coding
Could we change the projectile to be something other than an ender pearl? (example: vanilla fire charge/ wizard fireball) Thinking of ways to simplify things without lines upon lines of nasty script, a quick projectile swap might be an easy change
Would basically revert it back to firewave (Which is better IMO).

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Also, one thing... as for wiki

You unleash a wave of doom around you, launching (18 + 0.075 per intellect point) fiery ender pearls in all directions. Each pearl will deal (120 + 1.625 per intellect point) damage to targets hit and teleport you to each location. Takes 1 second to warm up.

Now where is those 16 more enderpearls lol.

Also, why not change them to snowballs and still do damage and remove teleportation this way.... Just a idea like this.

Ultanian

Portal
Ok I know a replacement skill has already been suggested for doom wave, but here's a skill I think would be more suited to its close combat style...

RingOfFire- Similar to DreadAura, with a radius of maybe 4-6 blocks, this skill sets all targets on fire that are within range. Fire ticks do 50 dmg each, so a cost of 20-35 mana/3 seconds could be good.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
While that would be a very thematic and cool ability, it wouldn't have any practical use.
Fire tics are actually a hindrance to our class due to invulnerability frames. (any source of vanilla minecraft damage makes their target invulnerable for a split second) Any ranger can tell you how frustrating it is to see their arrows bounce harmlessly off their target because of fire tics, and our axe damage is no exception. Also anyone with a fire resist pot will be completely immune to the damage presented by this ability.
Cool idea, but unfortunately it wouldn't really work

EDIT: On live doomawave is only firing off two ender pearls instead of the 20ish that it is supposed to, further gimping it

Last edited:

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I do not understand how to use DoomWave. The 2 pearls seem to go off to my right... like they are the start of a CIRCLE or a WAVE.

HotFix: Call it DoomTwo

Ultanian

Portal
While that would be a very thematic and cool ability, it wouldn't have any practical use.
Fire tics are actually a hindrance to our class due to invulnerability frames. (any source of vanilla minecraft damage makes their target invulnerable for a split second) Any ranger can tell you how frustrating it is to see their arrows bounce harmlessly off their target because of fire tics, and our axe damage is no exception. Also anyone with a fire resist pot will be completely immune to the damage presented by this ability.
Cool idea, but unfortunately it wouldn't really work

EDIT: On live doomawave is only firing off two ender pearls instead of the 20ish that it is supposed to, further gimping it
You could just remove the fire tick part then, but setting the pyro on fire instead, just for looks. The fire on pyro is just aesthetics, no pvp use except for a flame shield type of skill? You could merge the two into one. :D

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
I do not understand how to use DoomWave. The 2 pearls seem to go off to my right... like they are the start of a CIRCLE or a WAVE

It is supposed to shoot out a volcano of about twenty ender pearls but is currently bugged and only fires off 2. There has been a lot of talk about a new skill to replace doomwave (or just ideas to make it actually viable) but nothing has been confirmed or agreed upon yet.