• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

School shooting in newtown CT. I live 10 minutes away. scary shit.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Sooo...

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012...te-connecticut-shooting/#.UM_7LbbMlic.twitter

I grew up in the Fairfield/Suisun area, this kid apparently according to what I've been reading on facebook from friends and such, was making offensive relations towards the CT shooting.

He apparently was showing interest in such an attack, and he went the the High School I used to live right around the corner of when I was 6.. the same EXACT highschool my best friend graduated from.

Glad they nabbed him.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Although this is quite depressing, this is nothing compared to what's going on in Syria and Palestine..
Yeppers. Hundreds of children are being killed and wounded everyday in Syria (and sometimes Palestine because of those damn land thieves in Israel). Their families are killed in front of them and there is no help for them or justice. It really puts in contrast how we, who live in the west, value lives.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Although this is quite depressing, this is nothing compared to what's going on in Syria and Palestine..
That's what I fucken said to everyone on facebook. Holy shit. It really isn't much compared to the 1000's of people being murdered in the Middle-East.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
That doesn't mean it is not still a tragedy.
You're trying to compare vastly different cultures and societies. A school shooting here is a devastating culture shock. Over there, death and killing is not uncommon. The reality of it is the stark contrast in morals and values. That doesn't make the killings over there any less abominable, but you can't discount things like this school shooting just because worse things are happening elsewhere.