• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

School shooting in newtown CT. I live 10 minutes away. scary shit.

Aundora

Legacy Supporter 8
Scary stuff... All we can do is pray for their families and everyone effected.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I want to express my condolences to the family(s) of the victims. No one should have to go through this. School is a place that should be safe for children. Seems this is becoming more and more frequent.. From Columbine to Virgina Tech to this.. not to mention the major non-school shootings of Auora and the Batman premier...

I'm watching it heavily, I'm big on the news, all I have to say is we have some really sick people in the world.

At least 27 dead, 18 were children from grade Kindergarden to 4th grade... apperently It started in the principles office when someone went to confront him. No word on if it was a parent or not.

For those not wanting to click the link read below, this is what has come across the news so far.

At 9:30 (Eastern) a 9-11 call was made that there was a shooting at the school, and police acted immediately, pulling all on-duty cops to the school, while preparing they called for Stateside backup, which pulled all on-duty and off-duty state police to the school. It then escalated to the FBI.

Around 10:30, the President was informed, he is said to be giving a speech, however when and how, has yet to be decided. The white house officials have stated "Now is a time for absorbing the horrifying tragedy... not a time for politics about gun laws." as news stations are back on the "We need to ban guns" spree.

The shooter is said to have been a younger man, using two handguns, 13 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber, with 2 magazines for each weapon. They believe he acted alone, and they also have said he is dead inside the building, wither he killed himself or the swat team killed him, they have yet to announce.

They traced back to his residence and found a body inside the home, it seems to be someone from out of state, I have yet to hear anything past that, but they will also be searching his fathers home that is located in another town.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
It seems they are now reporting the shooter was a teacher's son.

Updated at 2:37 p.m. ET: A teacher's son clad in black and carrying two handguns rampaged through a Connecticut elementary school Friday, killing 18 small children and seven adults, including his mother, in the nation’s second-worst school massacre, law enforcement officials said. The gunman, identified as Ryan Lanza, 24, was also found dead at the scene, a federal law enforcement official said. Lanza's mother is a kindergarten teacher at the Newtown school, and it's inside that classroom where most of the casualties took place
The new is reporting both of his parents are dead.....

Some places are reporting the person they took into custody was the shooter's younger brother.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
It seems they are now reporting the shooter was a teacher's son.

The new is reporting both of his parents are dead.....

Some places are reporting the person they took into custody was the shooter's younger brother.
shooters name was released
frogot what it was though. -_-

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
The shooter was ADAM Lanza, there was a mis-ID as the YOUNGER brother was holding the OLDER brothers ID.

RYAN Lanza, is being held for questioning.

The first official says Adam Lanza's older brother, 24-year-old Ryan Lanza,, of Hoboken, N.J., is being questioned by police. An earlier report from a law enforcement official mistakenly transposed the brothers' first names.
Both officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak on the record about the developing criminal investigation.
The first official said shooter Adam Lanza is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

and he killed himself.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
When I first heard this I stopped what I was doing, and just tought.
Tought about this horrible situations kids went trough, situations nobady should need to go through.
Take care of each other in theese times.

A Child Never Forgotten

our heart was broken
without a warning no words spoken
you were taken away
someone said you could not stay
empty and lonely is what we are
we lost a precious shining star
our family torn apart
your world began with a promising start
life is unfair
this difficult cross we must bear
strength and courage we will find
our special child always in our mind
a place in heaven is where you sit
looking at that star you lit
in our thoughts forever you will be
never knowing why someone set you free

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
It's mind-numbing, really.
Surreal, yet sobering.

I live just 30 min from Aurora where the theatre shooting took place. That didn't hit so hard as this. I mean... children, for crying out loud... I'm about to have my first one, and this is very unsettling for me.

And of course, the damned government is just going to use this as a political platform. The world makes me sick sometimes...

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Morgan Freeman's statement on yesterday's events.

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem."

I 100% Agree with that.

Allison N. Wyatt

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
What would motivate people to do it? The media makes shooters out to be legends that die in infamy. They make it appealing for someone that would suicide to go out in a blaze of media coverage.

It's a sad fucked up system that needs to change. They need to not plaster it with the shooter's face but instead cover the victims that died.