• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Samurai needs tweaking

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
The last couple of weeks i've noticed more and more flaws in the way Samurai is changing. Let me list a few things that I really like to be fixed:

1) We lost our best skill Inversion and it was replaced with the new skill Berserk. Berserk is probably the most craptastic skill i've seen. First off, it increases damage income with 20%, samurai doesn't have the HP to tank up so much extra damage. Sure 30% more damage output is good, but not good enough to counter the fact that sammy lose more of their already limited HP. Berserk needs either a buff to outcome and less income or a replacement skill (Give inversion back taking 50% of enemy mana used instead of 75% like it used to)

2) The samurai HP. The last few days I noticed how low Samurai Hitpoints really is. A disciple has 110 more HP then a samurai. Even worse, the ROGUE spec Ranger have more max HP then the WARRIOR spec Samurai. I mean come on, ranger has 2 pieces of samurai armor and more HP then a sammy. Why not make samurai a rogue and ranger a Warrior?

3) Samurai armor. Classes like bard and Ranger got nearly the same armor as a samurai. I mean, a Warrior is supposed to have an armor advantage over a rogue, but if a sammy fights a Bard, there is barely any difference. The Warrior path is more tank then a samurai.

4) The damage. A samurai does 90dmg with diamond sword which is more then any other warrior. However a rogue spec like Ranger have nearly the same armor, more HP and twice the damage. Samurai is like a weaker rogue.

5) 50+ skills. To be hounest, there is no reason whatsoever to make it to level 60 samurai. Mortalwound do 108dmg which is 13 more damage then bash and it takes 2 more stam then bash. The only use of mortalwound is to weaken the enemy's healing abilities, but it's not worth it due to the huge stam cost. One is a cool skill, but takes just as much stam as mortalwound. The stam cost makes it useless to anything but fleeing/chasing. Berserk, Berserk is explained in the first point.

Proposed change: Replace berserk with a weaker Inversion.
Give samurai one more iron/dia pieces of armor. (Iron helmet or dia boots).
Give samurai more then 1000HP. Currently our max HP is 986 which is less then a Ranger's max.(And far less then a disciple's max)
Make Mortalwound worth the 5 stam cost by making it bleed 200dmg over 20 sec and decrease healing by 25% instead of 50. (Need input)

Thanks for reading, please give input/feedback. I know samurai was a bit overpowered a few updates ago, but believe me, samurai were nerfed a bit too hard.

Some samurais who might have input: @victim130 @Aetosion @Malomarcus @nonamemajdeath @Symbolite @donaldmax1

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree with berserk to a point, but that was the skill added to help our basic damage out, however, it isn't worth using. (Plus why would a Samurai go berserk, they are composed honorable swordsman.) Our max health used to be 107, it should be 107o, not 986. Although, I think inversion is WAY too situational and berserk (If it was better) would be way more worth the time. Our armor has always been ok, but with the health decrease its debatable.

EDIT: I myself think that MW is still fine because it does 117 damage over 95 and I usually win battles with other samurais that way. (I won't lie though, you killed me so fast last time KEnn, that I swear you have an auto clicker or something.) So the Bash-Bleed might be the new way, who knows? With that being said, the bleed ticks on MW do not work anymore or at least not correctly.

Mrchucklez

Legacy Supporter 6
I do think they could use more health, Since Etkenn and I figured out today I had almost as much health as him and I wasn't even master yet.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree with berserk to a point, but that was the skill added to help our basic damage out, however, it isn't worth using. (Plus why would a Samurai go berserk, they are composed honorable swordsman.) Our max health used to be 107, it should be 107o, not 986. Although, I think inversion is WAY too situational and berserk (If it was better) would be way more worth the time. Our armor has always been ok, but with the health decrease its debatable.

EDIT: I myself think that MW is still fine because it does 117 damage over 95 and I usually win battles with other samurais that way. (I won't lie though, you killed me so fast last time KEnn, that I swear you have an auto clicker or something.) So the Bash-Bleed might be the new way, who knows? With that being said, the bleed ticks on MW do not work anymore or at least not correctly.
The MW doesn't bleed anymore. It's instant 108dmg and decreases enemy healing by 50%.
I'm legit bro, just using a little trick I learnt from Aetosion.

I do think they could use more health, Since Etkenn and I figured out today I had almost as much health as him and I wasn't even master yet.
Yeah, Ranger gain 5 HP every level and you had 4 levels to master. That means you will end up with 996HP which is more then samurai.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
I know dread knight and other classes also got hp nerfs. And you're comparing a samurai's health to a healers.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Berserk turns the Samurai into a rogue at will, a rogue with more hp, better armor and damage.

How's it craptastic?
Less HP, barely better armor and much less damage then a Ranger. More armor, bit more HP and same damage as a thief/ninja (I'll give you that one). Same armor, bit better HP, more damage, worse skills then Bard. (After all, Bard is for support). Still a samurai have an extremely hard time against classes with armor. (Admit it, samurai armor is on rogue level).

Also why would you give a skill that makes the class more like a rogue to a warrior? They should get like "Banzai: You overwhelm and stun your foe for 2 seconds. Foe is silenced for 5 sec. Cost 4 out of 10 stam" <--- Fits with lore and would make a good level 60 skill.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Proposed change: Replace berserk with a weaker Inversion.
•Berserk is a cool idea- if you've ever seen The Last Samurai, when the American Samurai bloke is on the ground with a flag swinging it in circles trying to keep all the other Samurais at bay- that's how I've thought of it lore wise. I almost think the functionality of Berserk could be more useful reversed. 30% less damage taken, 18% less dealt (call it "Discipline" or something). At the moment Berserk is both a waste of stamina, and too dangerous for serious application. The only use for it is coupling Bladegrasp with it. Which is tricky to do, and not all the useful compared to using Bladegrasp in a more necessary point in time.

Give samurai one more iron/dia pieces of armor. (Iron helmet or dia boots). Give samurai more then 1000HP. Currently our max HP is 986 which is less then a Ranger's max.(And far less then a disciple's max)
•I don't quite understand the reasoning of that nerf. You'd think when a class hit 60 its hp would increase, not go back to what it was around level 40. Samurai are suffering most from the Warrior nerf. The other classes had a larger buffer between their own health and other Paths', as well as better armouring. I believe that Samurais' health should at least be brought up to 1000. Although Samurais were a bit too strong prior to the 60 update, now that they've received skills lacking in usefulness, and their existing stats have been nerfed- they're far weaker relative to other classes than they were. I don't think an armour change is necessary if the health issue is fixed.

Make Mortalwound worth the 5 stam cost by making it bleed 200dmg over 20 sec and decrease healing by 25% instead of 50. (Need input)
• Ah, Mortalwound, Samurais' least useful skill. Mortalwound's original concept was a good one, and coupled with Inversion they were quick to dispatch many a healer. However, since Mortalwound was nerfed a few weeks ago, it has become ENTIRELY obsolete. There are a very select few situations in which I would use Mortalwound. I don't even know what I have it bound to. All it is at the moment is a very stamina costly bash that doesn't last long enough to put a serious stopper in healing. A replacement would be lovely.

spartanman118 said:
I know dread knight and other classes also got hp nerfs. And you're comparing a samurai's health to a healers.
Yes, he's comparing Disciples (cloth clothed martial artists, and healers), to Samurais (armed and disciplined warriors meant to be able to take a hit or two). An entirely reasonable comparison, in my opinion.

Aetosion

Obsidian
kainzo said:
Berserk turns the Samurai into a rogue at will, a rogue with more hp, better armor and damage.

How's it craptastic?
Berserk does not turn Samurais into a Rogue class, they simply give it similar stats. A Ninja would be little more than a sharp sword without his or her skills, built around the class being played. Samurai skills do much less damage, with much less combat-based utility than skills like blackjack, eviscerate, and backstab (etc.). Were Samurais to have equally hard-hitting and functional skills, I would concede. However, the build of skills boasted by the Samurai class is lacking for this style of combat.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
The nerf I disliked the most was the nerf to the basic sword attack from 10hp to 9 (before the scaling update) but I can live with it. I think the HP should be increased to at least 1070 to match what the hp were before the scaling update when it was 107. Berserk is an EXTREME situation skill atm and I would never use it. What if it were perhaps a LOT more togglable? Right now it has a really long cooldown the shut off berserk once you've gone berserk. If we could toggle it on/off like ever 5-10 seconds it might be a little more useful.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
The current Berserk is not useful and certainly doesn't fit with the imaginary samurai. A samurai warrior was the most disciplined soldier of all time. They wouldn't rund Berserk like some barbarian swordsmen, but rather perform a quick but deadly strike with their swords skill.

Suggestions: Banzai. Makes the samurai charge into the target in horrifying speed and stuns him for 2 seconds and silences for 5. Stam cost 5-6 food points. Level: 60.

The skill would fit with the samurai lore, as banzai was a form of attack where the samurais would sprint and slam straight into the enemy linds and pretty much stun the enemies from movement.

Wild_Porygon

Legacy Supporter 5
Disciples have high hp because they are a melee spec, that hits relatively low compared to others, whilst wearing little armor, if their hp was low they would get insta ganked before they have time to forcepush and heal up.

BulkPhase

Obsidian
I think the main reason inversion was removed because Samurai's we're the dominant warrior class to every other class in the game. The tanky dread knight could be shot down with inversion because of their hybrid skill costs. Paladins could use lay hands, but then be quickly executed by the Samurai. Every caster and healer dreaded a Samurai because of the damage based on mana, not to mention rogues with their light armour couldn't stand much of a chance either.

I think it's better that inversion is gone.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I think the main reason inversion was removed because Samurai's we're the dominant warrior class to every other class in the game. The tanky dread knight could be shot down with inversion because of their hybrid skill costs. Paladins could use lay hands, but then be quickly executed by the Samurai. Every caster and healer dreaded a Samurai because of the damage based on mana, not to mention rogues with their light armour couldn't stand much of a chance either.

I think it's better that inversion is gone.
Yes I am aware that Inversion was quite OP. However the Coders didn't only remove it, they also nerfed our base damage, Mortalwound damage (From 250dmg to 108dmg) and Hitpoints. Right now the rogue spec Ranger have more HP then samurai, which is just wrong. As a replacement for berserk:

Banzai. You charge the enemy with horrifying speed and stun the foe for 2 seconds and silenences for 4-5 seconds. Level 60 skill, replacement for Berserk. <--- Imo this would fit with the Samurai Lore (Banzai is a combat type the samurais would perform in situation they wanted to hit the enemy swiftly, hard and stun them from movement). The stam cost will be around 10.

Also, Mortalwound needs a replacement skill or a buff. It currently does 108dmg which is 13 more damage then Bash, but it takes 4 more stam then bash. Currently, Samurai is one of the weaker classes on HC, and there is no reason except more HP to level past 30. (On level 30 you have Bash, Bleed, Disarm and Bladegrasp which is all you need, because everything else is not useful in PvP)

BulkPhase

Obsidian
Yes I am aware that Inversion was quite OP. However the Coders didn't only remove it, they also nerfed our base damage, Mortalwound damage (From 250dmg to 108dmg) and Hitpoints. Right now the rogue spec Ranger have more HP then samurai, which is just wrong. As a replacement for berserk:

Banzai. You charge the enemy with horrifying speed and stun the foe for 2 seconds and silenences for 4-5 seconds. Level 60 skill, replacement for Berserk. <--- Imo this would fit with the Samurai Lore (Banzai is a combat type the samurais would perform in situation they wanted to hit the enemy swiftly, hard and stun them from movement). The stam cost will be around 10.

Also, Mortalwound needs a replacement skill or a buff. It currently does 108dmg which is 13 more damage then Bash, but it takes 4 more stam then bash. Currently, Samurai is one of the weaker classes on HC, and there is no reason except more HP to level past 30. (On level 30 you have Bash, Bleed, Disarm and Bladegrasp which is all you need, because everything else is not useful in PvP)
I think you're a little bit too much into Samurai. There is no way that with their damage and mobility already they're going to get a gap closer such as a stun and silence, lol. They may only have bleed and bash but it still does insane damage if you're on top of them with your sword. I like the idea of Banzai though I just don't think they're going to get a charge with them already having one.

Edit: Not to mention charge for the dragoons doesn't even work so I'm not even sure they could correctly code a working charge for the Samurai's.