• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Samurai Needs a Nerf

macura

Diamond
So is the reason that you cannot hit as fast as you can click because of lag, because there is definately something that slows down how frequently your hits can register.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Arrows bounce when damage is applied by other means such as fire, which ticks fast. Not invuln but only 1 hit can be registered at once. Not time after is there a period of invuln. So arrows bounch when it hits the same time other damage is being applied

After sustaining damage from any source, a mob will turn red in color for a short period of time. During this period, any other incoming damage will not be counted against the mob's total health. For instance, if you attack a mob with a Sword repeatedly hitting the mouse button, the sword's rate of fire will exceed the mob's allowable rate of incoming damage, and several of the attacks will not damage the mob even if they land. However, if a mob or player is recovering from damage and then receives higher damage, it gets counted. Players are also subject to damage immunity.

I believe the period is about .5 seconds

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Hearts#Damage_immunity

It used to be really obvious with spout plugin as a ninja last map popping up tons of damage indicators, I'm glad to educate I guess.

macura

Diamond
After sustaining damage from any source, a mob will turn red in color for a short period of time. During this period, any other incoming damage will not be counted against the mob's total health. For instance, if you attack a mob with a Sword repeatedly hitting the mouse button, the sword's rate of fire will exceed the mob's allowable rate of incoming damage, and several of the attacks will not damage the mob even if they land. However, if a mob or player is recovering from damage and then receives higher damage, it gets counted. Players are also subject to damage immunity.

It used to be really obvious with spout plugin as a ninja last map, I'm glad to educate I guess.
I am slightly confused. Is this saying that sword damage will not be prevented by dots because the damage of the sword is higher, or is this saying that the low damage tick will reset this .5s period.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
I am slightly confused. Is this saying that sword damage will not be prevented by dots because the damage of the sword is higher, or is this saying that the low damage tick will reset this .5s period.

Keep in mind I haven't tested this, but this is how I understand it.
Skills are unaffected by the invuln period (I think, I haven't tested low damage skills), so if you get ticked for low damage, you can get past the invuln period because your sword hits for more damage.

I mean it's not a huge deal, because disgrace doesn't tick that fast, but it probably helps you get in another hit.

macura

Diamond
Skills are unaffected by the invuln period, so if you get ticked for low damage, you can get past the invuln period because your sword hits for more damage.
LOL. I used to think this when i was leveling ninja in DG because whenever i used envenom it would kill things so much faster even though it barely did damage, but people kept telling me i was wrong.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm pretty sure skills bypass the invuln period you have from vanilla Minecraft mechanic, such as getting hit with a sword.

This is how it has been explained to me before.

macura

Diamond
Skills are unaffected by the invuln period (I think, I haven't tested low damage skills), so if you get ticked for low damage, you can get past the invuln period because your sword hits for more damage.

I mean it's not a huge deal, because disgrace doesn't tick that fast, but it probably helps you get in another hit.
I agree that bleed doesn't bring up a huge problem, but alot of samurais use both bleed and mortal wound. Also mortal wound was recently changed to tick faster, but do less damage.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5

It used to be really obvious with spout plugin as a ninja last map popping up tons of damage indicators, I'm glad to educate I guess.
This is what I said, ONE hit at a time. No timer after hit. DOTs do not reset this timer. There is no "timer" to reset. When people hear damage spam, and say the timer is resetting, are experiencing being hit by a sword AND the skill. It is not getting spammed by the sword. It is the perception, however not the case.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
This is what I said, ONE hit at a time. No timer after hit. DOTs do not reset this timer. There is no "timer" to reset. When people hear damage spam, and say the timer is resetting, are experiencing being hit by a sword AND the skill. It is not getting spammed by the sword. It is the perception, however not the case.

Have you actually tested this? I'm not convinced either way until someone has some firm proof

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Have you actually tested this? I'm not convinced either way until someone has some firm proof
As an avid samurai and vanilla PvPer, I can say he is right. What everyone is seeing is two hits from two sources of damage. Sword hit+ tick hit. That's also why alexhoff1 thinks I use an auto clicker.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
As an avid samurai and vanilla PvPer, I can say he is right. What everyone is seeing is two hits from two sources of damage. Sword hit+ tick hit. That's also why alexhoff1 thinks I use an auto clicker.
There is no need to bring others into the discussion like this.

A

alexhoff1

gotta admit, it does look like it. You litterally just go click click skill skill kill.

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
They are not game ruining. If anything, remove all skills, and increase base damage.
I think base damage should stay the same, even if changes are made to the skills.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Kind of ironic since you accused me of the same thing Victim.