• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Samurai Needs a Nerf

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
While intended to be a very 1v1 focused class, admittedly some of samurai's skills are broken-ish. I could see the lowering of standard hit dmg with the diamond sword as well as an HP reduction as supplements to this class.

I'll be taking a greater look at it over the weekend for balance assuming I have time then.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Sammy needs to lose Imper all together, and MW needs to do 150 armor piercing damage. That will fix most issues. I've noticed that most people who are bitching about sammy haven't played it. They think its just left click to win. I, myself, victim, pcmonkey, and what777 can attest to how EASY it is to die as a sammy. You just think we stand there and soak up damage. MANY times I have been on the brink of death in team fights.

A lot of you are also complaining about 1v1 match ups. We are supposed to be THE dueling class. What we make up for in 1v1 power we lose in team fights. Sammys can get MELTED in a team fight rather quickly. btw MW is doing 197 on unarmored targets, not the 227 or whatever STDs is claiming.

BTW folks, disgrace doesn't stack on itself. So if a sammy is retarded enough to waste stam on popping it 4 seconds after the first one, then the ticks are reset, not stacking to do 300 damage. but of course you don't put that in your argument because you want it to sound like we are some unstoppable force. You have some large misconception of damage output. We also don't have a retarded nuke skill like evis, HT, Empathy, bolt, megabolt, plaguebomb, blitz, etc.

Let's quickly discuss other classes. Wizards do something like 800 dmg in 5-7 seconds, beguilers do something like 450 dmg every 10 seconds with MASSIVE CC. However the ones dumb enough to stand 3 blocks in front of a sammy bitch that they died. Ordinary, a good sammy "should" beat a ninja 75%+ of the time. Beguilers, wizards, necros, and good pyros destroy sammys, which is how it is supposed to be. Not to mention that we can lose to 50% of the other warrior specs. BooHoo sammys kill Dragoons, ninjas, runeblades, rangers, and bards, along with some of the healer specs.

You all seem to lack to ability to realize that if you put an evenly skilled caster against warrior, caster wins a large majority of the time. You are taking the easy way out. Instead of learning how to play your class to near 100% effectiveness, you just want other classes to get nerfed.

We have the lowest armor of any warrior as well as the lowest health. Warriors have better armor than sammys. Armor and Heath are fine. Lower them and rogues will be able to kill us, and then they will require a nerf.

So lets recap. Lose Imper and the caster rape will stop, and fix mortal wound so everyone stops crying that its not doing "correct" damage.

Currently, MW is about as much of a nuke as eviscerate (against unarmored, or lightly armored targets), slower since it's a dots but also interrupts your sprint. Also it doesn't slow you like bolt, and it helps you beat healers, so in value, I'd say it's at least comparable.

Yes, without impermanence, wizards wreck sammys (I don't think I lost to sammys before impermanence), in a 1v1. As it is though, if you can't close and cancel bolt and megabolt on a wizard after the speed buff, that's mostly bad play (excepting lag, which can go either way). I'd say it's about 30-70 for wiz vs sammy with impermanence, 1v1, and less if there's a 2v2 and you get focused properly. It's just frustrating that a warrior class that I'm supposed to be good against (following the warriors > rogues > casters > warriors triangle), wrecks casters so hard.

While I don't necessarily agree with all of your tone, I do agree with your proposed changes. Still it makes so sammys won't have any options vs wizards, or probably beguilers, which isn't inherently a bad thing. I don't beat "good" bards (2 silence and healing chorus kills root), but I imagine it would be frustrating for samurais.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
While intended to be a very 1v1 focused class, admittedly some of samurai's skills are broken-ish. I could see the lowering of standard hit dmg with the diamond sword as well as an HP reduction as supplements to this class.

I'll be taking a greater look at it over the weekend for balance assuming I have time then.
do you even know what you are talking about? Lowering health will crush sammy to being as useful as a ninja in an MA. Ninja maxed 924, sammy maxed 986. A difference of 62. We are supposed to crush rogues. Sammy will be balanced with the removal of impermanence, end of story. I don't hardly see you skirmishing, or pvping, so how can we trust your role on the balance team. You don't have a solid grasp on the way things are in their current state.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Samurai can't take any armor or HP nerf, that would make them a rogue. (1 boot away from having bard armor and 62HP away from Ninja HP) Just remove impermanence. I have played samurai the entire time of DG and 3/4 of this map so I do know that samurais die easily. There is barely a barrier between samurai and rogue, don't break that barrier.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
ok, just tested MW on server. I apologize, stds was right, unarmored MW is doing 227. Witch is fucking stupid. However, with sammy armor it is only doing 122. God only knows how much it is doing to pallys. probably somewhere around 80 or less. So, if mortalwound gets fixed, and does what it is supposed to do. We will be doing 150 all around, regardless of armor. Therefore, MW will now be hurting armored targets more than it has been, and reducing 77 damage to unarmored targets. Our bleeds should now be doing 150 pure dmg, and 150 attack dmg. So on an unarmored target, 300 dmg, and armored will scale with armor type and whatnot. I will stress again that Imper should go away. Everything else is fine.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
btw MW is doing 197 on unarmored targets, not the 227 or whatever STDs is claiming.

I can assure you, these numbers are correct. It's possible that the coding is so messed up that it does different damage to different classes? It beats me.

I read your updated post. My bad.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
do you even know what you are talking about? Lowering health will crush sammy to being as useful as a ninja in an MA. Ninja maxed 924, sammy maxed 986. A difference of 62. We are supposed to crush rogues. Sammy will be balanced with the removal of impermanence, end of story. I don't hardly see you skirmishing, or pvping, so how can we trust your role on the balance team. You don't have a solid grasp on the way things are in their current state.
Excuse me? I'm insulted by your statements. How can we trust my role? The balance team is about the only thing I care about on the server besides my kingdom, so I take great care in my work in it. I'd appreciate if you don't insult me next time when I make comments. You do realize that the majority of testing happens in skirmishes, right?

If you truly believe that Samurai is balanced right now, that's another story.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Mortalwounds config:
Code:
MortalWound:
  use-text: '%hero% has used %skill%'
  max-distance: 5
  weapons:
  - WOOD_SWORD
  - STONE_SWORD
  - GOLD_SWORD
  - IRON_SWORD
  - DIAMOND_SWORD
  duration: 20000
  period: 5000
  heal-multiplier: 0.5
  tick-damage: 23
  apply-text: '%target% is mortally wounded'
  expire-text: ''
  stamina: 8

Duration / Period * Tick-damage = Output damage.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Mortalwounds config:
Code:
MortalWound:
  use-text: '%hero% has used %skill%'
  max-distance: 5
  weapons:
  - WOOD_SWORD
  - STONE_SWORD
  - GOLD_SWORD
  - IRON_SWORD
  - DIAMOND_SWORD
  duration: 20000
  period: 5000
  heal-multiplier: 0.5
  tick-damage: 23
  apply-text: '%target% is mortally wounded'
  expire-text: ''
  stamina: 8

Duration / Period * Tick-damage = Output damage.

Something went screwy somewhere kainzo. I can say with 100% confidence it does not hit for 92 damage.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Why does mortal wound need to be a damage over time ability? In my opinion, the fact that Sammy's have so many dots is what makes them so strong.

Whenever a dot ticks from Samurai bleeds, it resets the Minecraft "hit invuln" cooldown. This allows a Samurai to get more sword attacks in than any other class in game. This, combined with the fact that they are one of the highest attack damaging classes on the server, allows them to completely destroy anyone that they focus. If Mortal Wound did the damage that it stated it was supposed to be doing, and it did it in one burst, (rather than an over time effect), I do not think the class would be nearly as powerful as it is now.

I also agree with Wonderbuck and how they do not need impertinence.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Why does mortal wound need to be a damage over time ability? In my opinion, the fact that Sammy's have so many dots is what makes them so strong.

Whenever a dot ticks from Samurai bleeds, it resets the Minecraft "hit invuln" cooldown. This allows a Samurai to get more sword attacks in than any other class in game. This, combined with the fact that they are one of the highest attack damaging classes on the server, allows them to completely destroy anyone that they focus. If Mortal Wound did the damage that it stated it was supposed to be doing, and it did it in one burst, (rather than an over time effect), I do not think the class would be nearly as powerful as it is now.

I also agree with Wonderbuck and how they do not need impertinence.
Spent reset any timer. That's just the impression you get when a tuck is followed by sword swing.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Spent reset any timer. That's just the impression you get when a tuck is followed by sword swing.
All heroes skills that do not use minecraft damage (withering,fire and such) reset the swing timer allowing for incredible amounts of burst and knockback. I'm fairly sure dots are not an exception to this.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Isn't clicking separate from the invuln you get after being hit?
Invuln? You do get an invuln after being hit. If that were true, then if 5 people attacked you with just weapons, then you would only die as fast as if one person attacked you, seeing as the invuln would cancel out all other attacks from the other players. How this makes since, trying to type on phone computer not hooked up yet.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Invuln? You do get an invuln after being hit. If that were true, then if 5 people attacked you with just weapons, then you would only die as fast as if one person attacked you, seeing as the invuln would cancel out all other attacks from the other players. How this makes since, trying to type on phone computer not hooked up yet.

This is why arrows bounce etc.