• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion RuneBlade Suggestion

Super593

Glowstone
I took a look at runeblade's skills and thought they needed a skill that consumes their runes for something more than just replenishing mana

Considering how they have to balance their stats.

How about a skill like

RuneBurst

Level 30

Mana:150

Description:The Runeblade blows out whatever Runes are imbuded into their weapon.Preforming a special skill based on the Rune.This skills effects are based on whatever was the first rune placed on the weapon.The other runes are automatically removed and not used.The runeblade is unable to use any other runes on their weapon for the duration of this skills cooldown

Runes cannot be combined to form some kind of ultimate.I mean imagine Void+Toxic early On.Nobody wants a Poison II Blinding projectile right?Unless it could be balanced then they could be combined.

ToxicRune would apply a basic Poison II on the enemy

Void Rune would hit the enemy with a ender pearl looking projectile.Dealing 30 Dmg +0.2 per Int point and blinding them for 3 seconds.

Fire Rune would simply ignite the enemy as if they had been hit with a flint and steel.

Ice Rune encases the enemy within a block of Ice.Binding them within it for 8 seconds but making them immune to damage for the duration of it.

CD:30 seconds

Thoughts?

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
I really like the idea of Runeblade getting a skillshot of some sort. For Ice Rune, I think 8 seconds would be pretty long. What about 1.5-3?

Super593

Glowstone
Hm.Cause the way I saw it.Making the enemy Immune to damage along with the 8 seconds instead of them breaking free upon damage taking would be intresting.

Plus it could also be used for a very quick get away.

What I want Runeburst to be is a whole new mechanic for Runeblades that allows quick advantage at a cost.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
It seems interesting, but I don't know if it could work. My only problem with runeblade is it's lack of AOE (Which is normal since it's a rogue) and overall lack of skills. In certain condition a runeblade can be very powerful and I feel that adding something as drastic as this could make it go over the edge into "OP" territory. It's a real problem, I feel like runeblade could use a few more skills, but I also think that adding more skills would cause problems.

With that said, I like the concept. I'd rather that each rune stays the same when "Bursted". Also, instead of making you unable to use runes it would be better if it simply used the next rune and cost some extra mana (Would have a relatively low cooldown, but would be mana intensive since it requires the rune then the burst)

Another concept could be that instead of a projectile (or maybe both) have a "Discharge" skill that uses a rune and creates a small AOE based on what rune you discharged.

Super593

Glowstone
It seems interesting, but I don't know if it could work. My only problem with runeblade is it's lack of AOE (Which is normal since it's a rogue) and overall lack of skills. In certain condition a runeblade can be very powerful and I feel that adding something as drastic as this could make it go over the edge into "OP" territory. It's a real problem, I feel like runeblade could use a few more skills, but I also think that adding more skills would cause problems.

With that said, I like the concept. I'd rather that each rune stays the same when "Bursted". Also, instead of making you unable to use runes it would be better if it simply used the next rune and cost some extra mana (Would have a relatively low cooldown, but would be mana intensive since it requires the rune then the burst)

Another concept could be that instead of a projectile (or maybe both) have a "Discharge" skill that uses a rune and creates a small AOE based on what rune you discharged.

I like the "Discharge" Concept.

Hm.Perhaps the FireRune can create a small Ring of Fire when it it's discharged around the caster.

Dealing maybe like 10-20 damage plus igniting?
Not intended to be a main attack skill

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Was RuneBlade's old skill FireWave or DoomWave? It looked like a really neat skill, but I'm assuming it was too powerful and got removed. :(

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Was RuneBlade's old skill FireWave or DoomWave? It looked like a really neat skill, but I'm assuming it was too powerful and got removed. :(
It was Firewave, which at first could oneshot anything if used at the right spot. I think it was first nerfed and then later removed when Runeblade got the Rune system.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
It did and I remember Delf ganking me with it XD @Trazil I think you would like this thread and can have some good ideas

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Shadow Rune: Blinds your target
Sapping Rune: Leaches Stamina
Leeching Rune: Steals Mana
Explosive Rune: Does AOE damage
Force Rune: Knocks player back

Something like one of these?

Super593

Glowstone
Shadow Rune: Blinds your target
Sapping Rune: Leaches Stamina
Leeching Rune: Steals Mana
Explosive Rune: Does AOE damage
Force Rune: Knocks player back

Something like one of these?

I think we need to start ripping off franchises and use Force Rune

Add lightsaber weps for runeblades while we're at it and a Jedi Spec

All jokes aside

A Sapping/Leeching Rune would be great!Gives the Runeblade a chance to hinder the opponent greatly especially if combined with the "discharge" skill.

Now I,m startin to think Discharge sounds kinda wrong.How about we switch it to burst?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I think that "leeching" rune would be the most fitting due to Runeblade's anti-mage nature. What would the last skill be?

I really do like the discharge and burst concepts, but I think they would be to radical of a change to the class. I'm not sayiing it would be impossible to balance around them. but I think it's a little too much work for a class that is already viable. Adding a rune or 2 would still bring some new possibilities to Runeblade without drastically changing the class.

Super593

Glowstone
I could see this mechanic potentially being implemented

Considering the New Runes it should Have

Leeching and...Perhaps AeroRune?

AeroRune:Enchants the Runeblade's weapon with Air.Giving it slight knockback and boosting damage dealt by 20 +0.1 per Int Point.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I could see this mechanic potentially being implemented

Considering the New Runes it should Have

Leeching and...Perhaps AeroRune?

AeroRune:Enchants the Runeblade's weapon with Air.Giving it slight knockback and boosting damage dealt by 20 +0.1 per Int Point.
The question is, when does a runeblade ever want a mage to be farther from them? It would be nice against warriors, but the class is supposed to a mage killer class.

Maybe some non-rune skills?

Maybe rework Devour Magic.
Passive: Devour Magic
10% magic resist. 35% of damage mitigated by this is converted to mana for the runeblade.

Then give RB a skill similar to paladin's "Magic Ward?." Make it so it can also be used on allies. Could be combo-ed with runeword (With them taking extra damage and you mitigating the damage)

Maybe another duskblade-esque skill?
Instead of the leaching be a rune, but a skill that deals damage and grants mana based on damage dealt.

Super593

Glowstone
How about something along the lines of a Mana Drain that is an instant.

ArcaneSlash

The Runeblade channels a portion of their mana into their blade.Dishing out 44 dmg + 0.1 per Int Point.Along with draining 10% of the Targets current mana

CD:50 seconds

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
How about something along the lines of a Mana Drain that is an instant.

ArcaneSlash

The Runeblade channels a portion of their mana into their blade.Dishing out 44 dmg + 0.1 per Int Point.Along with draining 10% of the Targets current mana

CD:50 seconds
MANA BURN! I like it. How about this:

Leeching Rune:
Deals X + X damage and drains the target of x% of their current mana.

Arcane Drain:
Your sword drains mana from your target. Dealing damage based on the amount of mana the mage is missing. The user also gains mana based on the damage dealt.

So basically you would use leeching to reduce the mages mana and then use Arcane Drain to exploit that low mana and deal more damage.

IDK, but I really like the anti-mage feel of these ideals. I like your idea alot, but I wanted to bring up extra options. My idea may be a little more complicated though :p

Super593

Glowstone
MANA BURN! I like it. How about this:

Leeching Rune:
Deals X + X damage and drains the target of x% of their current mana.

Arcane Drain:
Your sword drains mana from your target. Dealing damage based on the amount of mana the mage is missing. The user also gains mana based on the damage dealt.

So basically you would use leeching to reduce the mages mana and then use Arcane Drain to exploit that low mana and deal more damage.

IDK, but I really like the anti-mage feel of these ideals. I like your idea alot, but I wanted to bring up extra options. My idea may be a little more complicated though :p

I thought the complications were a good thing.lol

LeechingRune +Arcane Drain sounds like a pretty good combination in a Runeblade's arsenal.Plus allows WIzzy rape.

So if a mage is missing 500 Mana my swords gonna do 500+ DMG!?Holy shit

The Prophecy has spoken #RunebladeOp2014

#CasterSpecsUseless2014

No but seriously though.Perhaps like every 100 mana the Mage is missing your sword does like 8 + 0.1 per Int point to the enemy caster spec.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I thought the complications were a good thing.lol

LeechingRune +Arcane Drain sounds like a pretty good combination in a Runeblade's arsenal.Plus allows WIzzy rape.

So if a mage is missing 500 Mana my swords gonna do 500+ DMG!?Holy shit

The Prophecy has spoken #RunebladeOp2014

#CasterSpecsUseless2014

No but seriously though.Perhaps like every 100 mana the Mage is missing your sword does like 8 + 0.1 per Int point to the enemy caster spec.
I was thinking somewhere along the lines of (X + X.XX) *Y% where Y is the amount of mana missing.
For Example (This won't be balanced at all, but this is just a representation)
With 30 int and 50% mana:
(100+ 2.00*30)* 50%
80 damage.