• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Runeblade Mana

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't know. With the new runes, runeblades' mana goes down at an unearthly rate. Sure you can kill 1 person without running out, but say you get jumped by 2-3 people. Your mana won't last long enough. It's especially apparent in arena fights. Don't know how it should be fixed, but maybe some people can suggest things.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't know. With the new runes, runeblades' mana goes down at an unearthly rate. Sure you can kill 1 person without running out, but say you get jumped by 2-3 people. Your mana won't last long enough. It's especially apparent in arena fights. Don't know how it should be fixed, but maybe some people can suggest things.
After my testing the dmg to mana ratio is way off. Lets take IceRune. CD: 10 Mana: 30 DMG: 40 Slow: 2 seconds
Now lets get something like wizards Icebolt. CD: 6 Mana: 15 DMG: 80 Slow 6 seconds.

While I am comparing a caster to this, is defiantly not balanced. Either decrease the mana cost or increase the effectiveness of runeblades' skills.

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Wizard gets a lot more out of its mana use than runeblade. Even if it had a weakish replenish that'd be better, idk.
Basically runeblade is great for a 1v1 but sucks in group pvp.
So like in a deathmatch, I can only kill 2 people before I'm out of mana and get owned.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Wizard is different. Runeblades can do decent damage with swords but wizards cannot.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The argument is flawed to state:
I can kill one person fine, but when I try to take on 2-3, it won't blend!

Not stating whether not I think the mana is good or bad in this case, but no class should be able to take on 2-3 of the same level/gear/skill just because they are X class.

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
Ok, I stated that wrong. I mean that it can 1v1 fine, but I'm doubting it will do well in a 3v3 or 4v4. Maybe I'm wrong after all. It just seems that RB is using all mana and no stamina to me, which is different than the old runeblade.
But since you completely redid the class, perhaps that was intended?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
The new Runeblade was meant to have a very high mana costing abilities, with a moderate mana pool. However, this was to be compensated by having a higher mana regeneration rate in comparison to other classes. I had it set to 14 on the test server, but once the update live hit, the Runeblade's mana regen was set back down to 7. Not sure if it was just an oversight or what, but it has fortunately been corrected to the originally intended number.

That is not to say that this setup -should- be this way, or that adding in large mana regen is a proper way to solve the Runeblade's mana issues, but I decided to try something a little different. I wanted them to be able to sustain themselves, but not quite as well as a "stamina based" class could. The regen miiiight be a little too high, but I can't really say just yet.

Anyways, I am eager to see how this affects the Runeblade's ability to teamfight / jump from one fight to the other.

Lemme know how he performs now that he has the regen increased, and if anyone believes it should be toned in a different direction. (Reduced, Increased, or alternative solution altogether)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
The mana-regen was needed. The only thing I feel is wrong with Runblade is their lack of team based skills. Runeblade effectively gained no new skills (AbsorbRunes isn't really a combat skill) kick was replaced with VoidRune and One was replaced with blink. We also lost FireShield, which I think we shouldn't have, but it was a useful skill against mages never the less. With all the classes gaining new skills what do we get? We get a I misclicked button to help regen some mana and used our lvl 60 skill for lvl 65.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The mana-regen was needed. The only thing I feel is wrong with Runblade is their lack of team based skills. Runeblade effectively gained no new skills (AbsorbRunes isn't really a combat skill) kick was replaced with VoidRune and One was replaced with blink. We also lost FireShield, which I think we shouldn't have, but it was a useful skill against mages never the less. With all the classes gaining new skills what do we get? We get a I misclicked button to help regen some mana and used our lvl 60 skill for lvl 65.
Was a revamped system, keep giving us feedback and it'll get patched up :)

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
You didn't necessarily gain any new skills, but rather, had the playstyle altered to be more "unique". Indeed, you lost a lot of abilities--but the class is something entirely new. Whereas before it was this super powerful juggernaut that could instagib any caster in it's path, it's now a more gank oriented melee nuker. He can chase, he can burst, he can kite, he can escape, but he can't do it all at once. He has to be a bit more tactical in how he fights.

Indeed, they are low on abilities. However, I did not want to add a 5th Rune to their skillset, as I felt 4 was plenty. I tried playing around with the idea of an AoE Rune application, or even just giving them firewave/pulse/megabolt, but ultimately, I couldn't really decide on what was best. Certain things felt too strong, and others felt out of place.

Now that the update has released, I feel as though I kinda missed the bus for it. I don't really know if Kainzo would want new abilities to be added so soon. Either way, I'm sure it would be handled the same way everything else is--make a suggestion post.

Though I do want to point out, AbsorbRunes has a lot more uses than simple "whoops I pressed a wrong button" situations. :)

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
Thank you for changing the mana rate. I'll try it out.
I really love the new playstyle though. Stacking runes is awesome. I don't mind that RB didn't get anything new, I'm enjoying the new style. I miss flameshield though, lol -- that was awesome.
I miss the bladedance AoE, makes fighting multiple mobs a little harder. Perhaps a divided AoE poison? is that possible?

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
It might be a good idea to emphasize the new suggested play-style in a forum post, to ease the learning curve. For instance, a Wizard cannot queue his Icebolt and have his mana regen while he waits to engage. The new Rune system might deserve a quick knowledgeable explanation. Delfofthebla ?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Runeblades got nerfed hard. Ice arrow only triggers once I think?
The previous Runeblade was far from balanced. He could destroy any caster in the game without any effort what so ever. He could also pretty much kill any rogue, and any lesser skilled warrior. He was too strong. Tweaks to his abilities were coming one way or another. And it was not going to be pretty if he was simply hit with the nerf bat.

However, the rework allows him to maintain a large amount of his strengths, but also alter his playstyle. Rather than him being an efficient caster-killer, he is more well rounded. He can kill casters, he can kill warriors, and he can kill (some) rogues. However, in order to do so, he has to have the proper rune combinations, and the proper initiation.

The new Runeblade cannot kill all classes at any given moment. If he wants to kill someone--he has to use the proper skills at the proper times. It is not a "free win" like it used to be. This will likely lead to some frustration with the lesser experienced players, but I assure you, the new Runeblade is very strong, and is really only limited by the skills of the wielder.

It might be a good idea to emphasize the new suggested play-style in a forum post, to ease the learning curve. For instance, a Wizard cannot queue his Icebolt and have his mana regen while he waits to engage. The new Rune system might deserve a quick knowledgeable explanation. Delfofthebla ?
Perhaps, but if I were to make a single post in this thread, I doubt it would reach many eyes. It'd be nice if there was a proper forum for such things.