• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Runeblade Mana

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Wizard gets a lot more out of its mana use than runeblade. Even if it had a weakish replenish that'd be better, idk.
Basically runeblade is great for a 1v1 but sucks in group pvp.
So like in a deathmatch, I can only kill 2 people before I'm out of mana and get owned.
The one thing you're not including is that runeblade does more than double the melee damage a wizard does with diamond tools.

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
realized that ;) I'm happy with it now -- infact 14 may be a little too much regen

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
oh I meant Iceblade oops. That was super over powered. Penetrates armor with 144 dmg for 4 second. So basically if you clicked fast enough you could kill a warrior.
Are you speaking of the old IceBlade or the new IceRune? IceBlade only did like 99 damage and slowed for 2 seconds. The new Ice Rune only does 40 damage, and also slows for 2 seconds.

----------------
The new Runeblade can apply up to 3 runes to his weapon at once, but these Runes do not apply all at the same time. They apply in a queue. So if he has 3 ice runes queued, he can only apply one per left click. Additionally, there is a 1 second internal cooldown for applying runes, so even if the Runeblade spams left clicks, he cannot apply more than 1 Rune per second.

It's important to note that he cannot do multiple things at once. If he wants to nuke with Fire Rune, he won't be able to slow with Ice Rune. Sure, he can stack one and then the other, but then he has to wait for the time inbetween each Rune application. Not to mention, Ice Rune only does 40 damage whereas Fire Rune does 105 damage. It's all give and take.

The cool thing is that you can stack these runes for massive effects. It takes some preperation time, but you can queue up 3 fire runes for a very large initial burst on your target. This is great for killing warriors, which some may not like.

However, I intentionally designed the new Runeblade to be a warrior killer. I wanted something that could contest the ever so powerful lineup of tanky warrior classes on Herocraft. Even still, the Runeblade isn't infallible. It is a well rounded class that has can fight almost anyone, but is also coincidentally countered by the very same classes that it can kill.

Silence prevents him from re-applying runes, but can't stop already applied runes.
Disarm prevents him from applying runes, but does not stop him from queuing more up.
Curse prevents him from being able to apply runes as efficiently as he normally would be.
He has no ranged capabilities, and his blink has a hefty cooldown, making him susceptible to kiting.

The Runeblade is a really solid class, but you should note that he has a lot of weaknesses in addition to his strengths.

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
it's good you added the 1 s cooldown between applications. it's too easy to get 3 hits at once and applying 3 fireblades would hit 510 dmg in the first second. (I did it against zombies, literally instant kills, creepers too.)

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Wow runeblade sounds fun!

Got a few questions to current runeblades:

If you activate a rune then don't use it what happens?
Is there a minimum time that the rune must "charge up" before usage?
Dusk blade isn't a rune right?
Also no kick? Bard can have both, why not runeblade?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Wow runeblade sounds fun!

Got a few questions to current runeblades:

If you activate a rune then don't use it what happens?
Is there a minimum time that the rune must "charge up" before usage?
Dusk blade isn't a rune right?
Also no kick? Bard can have both, why not runeblade?
1-Runes last forever until used.

2-Like all skills there is a global-cooldown of 1 sec between when skills can be activated. Runes are an instant cast, but since runes are applied on hit not on use there is a second between when you cast a rune and when you can use it. You can have up to 3 runes on at a time. Because of the cool down, even if you get many swings off, you still have to wait 1 sec between each rune usage.

3-Dusk Blade is not a rune. It is a melee range targetable skill.

4-They removed kick from Runes in favor of void rune.