• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Runeblade Base Equipment Weight

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
If rogue has more armor than caster, then warrior will find it easier to casters than rogues. Caster's armor is still lower than warrior's, so rogues find caster easier to kill than warrior. With rogue's kit with multiple silence or burst damage and armor being a null-factor vs magic damage and mostly having higher base HP than casters, it's working fine.

The way things are are okay, just not from a lore perspective. The real issue lies with protection enchantments that makes casters give them too much damage reduction relative to other classes.

Necromancer's tankiness is justified by it's being DoT based rather than extreme burst like other casters. DoTs can also be cleansed by certain skills.

If caster armor were to be nerfed, dragoon's mobility would definitely need to be lowered too so necromancers who lack mobility don't get chewed up.

As a Dragoon, I rarely get the chance to whomp on a wizard. I get rooted, mega bolted and splattered on the ground. Even when I do get close enough, their armor protects them enough for root to cool down and try again.

zencow

Legacy Supporter 4
As a Dragoon, I rarely get the chance to whomp on a wizard. I get rooted, mega bolted and splattered on the ground. Even when I do get close enough, their armor protects them enough for root to cool down and try again.

Caster > Warrior working as intended. Now talk Dragoon vs Necromancer.

The alternative of making them squishier would mean you'd have to compensate with more mobility like bringing blink's CD back down to 12 seconds and Entangle back down to 15 or so and giving Necromancers a Blink of some sort, which would even be worse for rogues.

Last edited:

zencow

Legacy Supporter 4
How does this effect runeblade? Either way, most of this stuff will be thrown out the window with custom items and change to the enchantment system.

You can't just look at things like this from just one classes' perspective. If runeblade gets more armor then they'd be too resistant to warriors on top of their abilities to rape casters. Once custom items and enchantment system happens then ofc things change. I like to talk in the NOW.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
You can't just look at things like this from just one classes' perspective. If runeblade gets more armor then they'd be too resistant to warriors on top of their abilities to rape casters. Once custom items and enchantment system happens then ofc things change. I like to talk in the NOW.

This is true, too many factors will be changing soon to discus changing things in the current situation.

AdamForte649

Legacy Supporter 6
Runeblade is made to kill people quickly but die quickly, there is a reason why Runeblade has a low equipment weight, its Burst makes up for what it takes in dmg wise.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
plz give runebade positive starting agility or atleast not negative

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Runeblade is a burst character if you want more survivability go pally or something... You can't have everything.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Runeblade is a burst character if you want more survivability go pally or something... You can't have everything.
Then explain how every mage has more armor.

You act like people are asking for runeblade to have double armor. Just increasing it from 25 to say 26-29 would be enough.

Side Note: Runeblade isn't a burst class. People keep saying this, but it's not true. Burst damage is when you do a bunch of damage at in a short period of time. This is stuff like wizard's bolt and such. Runeblade is a high DPS class. It can do a steady stream of damage that add up, but each individual skill is relatively weak. As proof:

Ultimate "Burst" set up:

Fire x 3 + 1
Runeword

((80x4)*1.2)
320 x 1.2 = 384

Now this looks like a lot of damage, but in order to do this
Runeword: 0.5 Seconds
Fire Rune(3): 1.5 Seconds
Fire Rune(1): 1 Second

So in absolutely perfect conditions, this combo would take 3 seconds to execute. That said, it also takes 30 seconds to setup your runes. This means you can only do this at the start of the battle. A runeblade only has burst at the start of the battle or if he kites around to store up runes. Once he has used his opening combo, he is left with a slower chain of damage that takes 1 second for each rune.

Last edited:

zencow

Legacy Supporter 4
Then explain how every mage has more armor.

That's the cost for being a hard-counter profession able to faceroll every caster except maybe wizard.
With more armor runeblade will be able out-trade warriors with hit-and-run with it's silence and magic damage and kiting away with it's 10s CD blink.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
That's the cost for being a hard-counter profession able to faceroll every caster except maybe wizard.
With more armor runeblade will be able out-trade warriors with hit-and-run with it's silence and magic damage and kiting away with it's 10s CD blink.
Giving runeblade an extra 2-4 weight which converts to 4% physical protection is not going to allow runeblade to "out-trade warriors". Like I've said, only give them a little more armor. This is mainly for lore reasons, but the class can have the slight durability buff and still be balanced.

zencow

Legacy Supporter 4
Giving runeblade an extra 2-4 weight which converts to 4% physical protection is not going to allow runeblade to "out-trade warriors". Like I've said, only give them a little more armor. This is mainly for lore reasons, but the class can have the slight durability buff and still be balanced.

4% reduction from armor is pretty significant. If you argue otherwise, why not at the same time also reduce the runeblade's damage by 4%? It's not going to do much right?

If you treat numbers like this as insignificant then it's pretty questionable what the better balance bureau is about...

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
4% reduction from armor is pretty significant. If you argue otherwise, why not at the same time also reduce the runeblade's damage by 4%? It's not going to do much right?

If you treat numbers like this as insignificant then it's pretty questionable what the better balance bureau is about...
One that's a joke. So, do you honestly believe making runeblade 4% tankier against warriors will make them unbalanced? This would differ by builds, but that is only 40 effective health. Surviving an extra melee hit is definitely going to make runeblade overpowered...right?

Like I said, it's mainly due to lore reasons. A melee rogue should have more armor than a mage. It's true that making runeblades melee 4% less would be pretty insignificant. I would be fine with that considering that it's a hybrid class and shouldn't have the same melee as (Or in this case higher) than ninja.

Last edited: