• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [RULES] Reinstate the Illegality of Griefing Plants

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
Plants were made a griefable block in Zeal and since then, its just been a nuisance. Going and breaking another player's farm without replanting is no different than destroying their house. I really don't understand why it was made legal in the first place, but I would like to see it be made illegal once more.

Thank you for your consideration,
Howdanrocks

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
In my opinion, it should only be legal if they replant. Like, they can run in, steal your wheat, but they have to replant. If not, it's griefing. Making just stealing plants in general even if you replant isn't that great of an idea.

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
In my opinion, it should only be legal if they replant. Like, they can run in, steal your wheat, but they have to replant. If not, it's griefing. Making just stealing plants in general even if you replant isn't that great of an idea.

I said "breaking another player's farm without replanting is...". So yea, I agree.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't see why it shouldn't be made so they have to replant. It just assures that when you go back again that there will be more that you can take and you still leave with the spoils of the crop as well, just this way there will be a few less seeds cluttering the inventory or needing to be incinerated.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
This would be great, can't say I'm a fan of raiders running into your farms, breaking everything, and then running off while laughing their asses off.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Hmm. I personally hated when people would come in and ruin my plants, heh. I'd say this:

The only thing really worth taking from a player is food. I think the best way to word this would be "Plants must be left in a position where they will regrow to their original state." This means people will have to replant wheat, and will not be able to take plants stems, flowers, the bottom block of reeds, and for the most part trees.

Thoughts?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Hmm. I personally hated when people would come in and ruin my plants, heh. I'd say this:

The only thing really worth taking from a player is food. I think the best way to word this would be "Plants must be left in a position where they will regrow to their original state." This means people will have to replant wheat, and will not be able to take plants stems, flowers, the bottom block of reeds, and for the most part trees.

Thoughts?

Do not forget cactus =D

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Thoughts?
Yah, I'm fine with that, mark it to become a law on 10/1 ... and HOLY CRAP ... 2 years of Herocraft is coming in 7 days!

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Yah, I'm fine with that, mark it to become a law on 10/1 ... and HOLY CRAP ... 2 years of Herocraft is coming in 7 days!

Updated, and holy crap 2 years!

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
If we really care about non-regioned farms, then do this. But I think lore doesn't need this rule change. Its a plant, rip it out of the ground if you want to.
And it will cause a lot of chatter in-game about griefing farms, I remember that from zeal.

Do farmers need it? Maybe.

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
Dsa brings up a good point. Maybe stopping leaf block/tree/lilly pad griefing, but stomping on wheat is like cutting off the food supplies. If you want to hurt your enemy, you cut off or weaken their food.

PROTECT YOUR WHEAT!

Fo0l3d

Glowstone
This update is completely illogical... why, are people too lazy to replant their farms?