• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Rogues need some love.

Doogler

Legacy Supporter 2
Ninjas can go completely invisable, thats probably the best pvp skill on the server. I wouldnt be asking for more

ForTehZZZ

Coal
Rogues need more? Are you sure? They can already use /sneak... -.- And iron swords.

Also, they can become some of the most useful specialized heros in the game. They can use arrows, track, barrage, a sh*t load of wolf assistance...

Why do they need more? In my opinion, they don't. The major bit is the arrows - they are very useful in PvP.

epicwin324

Legacy Supporter 3
I guess. You just look at warriors and they have the jump ability, so shouldn't NINJAS?
I'm not really complaining and I think rogues are great. But casters have around 10 abilities, where no rogues go over 5. So there is definitely room for improvement.

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
Well I mean once you're in that mode, there would have to be like a 15-20 block up restriction until you just dropped. So as long as people made bigger city walls, there's no problem. Plus, it would be mainly used for climbing through windows left open or exposed balconies

In that case (if they're gonna climb through open windows/exposed balconies) that ability should go to Thieves.

RedKhan

Soulsand
Just my thoughts:

Warriors - Should have defensive skills, preventing/lowering damage - and the ability to use decent weapons and armour (Iron)
Spec - Access to further defensive/offensive skills and diamond swords.

Rogues - Should be sneaky/quick with unorthodox methods of dealing damage (Poison?) But no instant huge Dps. Should have access to light armour (Leather) and decent weapons (Iron).
Spec - Improved skills for either mobility (Sprint, climb, safefall, track) or damage (Wolves, throwing stars, arrows) and access to better offensive weaponry (Diamond)

So basically, warriors as you'd expect would win in a head on fight. But with the element of surprise(Sneak), or starting at a distance, Rogue's would win out. Thoughts?

colley619

Legacy Supporter 4
the wall climb would prolly be to powerful unless it had a time restriction or something, being able to claim any wall would make city walls useless
not really. lets say when u use it, they can make it one of 2 ways... either u can do it until your mana runs out, or make it to where you can only climb one wall. so if a city wall had a 1 block overhang, then people couldnt climb over it :].?

Justaz101

Glowing Redstone
Even if you have the element of surprise vs a warrior with a Diamond sword and Iron armor, you would lose.

colley619

Legacy Supporter 4
Just my thoughts:

Warriors - Should have defensive skills, preventing/lowering damage - and the ability to use decent weapons and armour (Iron)
Spec - Access to further defensive/offensive skills and diamond swords.

Rogues - Should be sneaky/quick with unorthodox methods of dealing damage (Poison?) But no instant huge Dps. Should have access to light armour (Leather) and decent weapons (Iron).
Spec - Improved skills for either mobility (Sprint, climb, safefall, track) or damage (Wolves, throwing stars, arrows) and access to better offensive weaponry (Diamond)

So basically, warriors as you'd expect would win in a head on fight. But with the element of surprise(Sneak), or starting at a distance, Rogue's would win out. Thoughts?

well... rogues should have diamond. definately.

RedKhan

Soulsand
Even if you have the element of surprise vs a warrior with a Diamond sword and Iron armor, you would lose.

Not true, thats at least 1 free hit, that's a 5.5 damage lead, plus whatever else you might get from skills.
That takes the diamond armour down to below iron armour points wise.

EDIT: I think it's just common sense that in a straight fight, warriors should win. The rogue should have those other more interesting skills for a reason, not to make them OP.

Doogler

Legacy Supporter 2
Rogues need more? Are you sure? They can already use /sneak... -.- And iron swords.

Also, they can become some of the most useful specialized heros in the game. They can use arrows, track, barrage, a sh*t load of wolf assistance...

Why do they need more? In my opinion, they don't. The major bit is the arrows - they are very useful in PvP.

Rangers dont get iron swords....and you say arrows are a major bit? You haven't used arrows on the server other wise you wouldnt say that. With the lag you must be one lucky sob to be able to hit somone because only 1/7 arrows actually deals damage and its even harder to predict where some one is gonna be with all the arrow lag.

ForTehZZZ

Coal
I have seen arrows do a lot of damage. Lag is not that bad with arrows recently, saw someone use it today. Not that much of a problem.

malmenca

Diamond
I feel as if the class balance isnt as much a problem as is the like 6+ skills for casters compared to the thief having 2 I believe. And i think rogues are more played then casters(or i just see more)

malmenca

Diamond
And doogler is right. If u have a bow u will not hit people but 1 outta 10 times even aimed perfectly. Rangers are at a severe disadvantage. The only reason i would consider ranger would ofcourse be track but even still now im tracking down someone with a stone aword...

Doogler

Legacy Supporter 2
And doogler is right. If u have a bow u will not hit people but 1 outta 10 times even aimed perfectly. Rangers are at a severe disadvantage. The only reason i would consider ranger would ofcourse be track but even still now im tracking down someone with a stone aword...

Yeah im not sure why rangers need to be disgraced with a stone swords while all other specs get iron and diamond. I hope Kainzo sees this

the key word is if bows were decent. un armored arrows do 2 hearts. Now if ur armored I'm not sure if its less or not but i think it is. The range on bows is shit. I'm pretty good at compinsating for gravity but trying to do that on a moving target while trying to move yourself is retarded. Ya Rangers are completely crippled. It sucks because i am on and i'm not sure if its worth sticking with or re specing or even going to caster which seems to have a lot of abilities.

Side topic omfg fireball is gay. bind it to a sword and swing right click swing right click anyone is dead. You are better then most melee. How is that fair?