• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Resolving Issues -- Community Feedback Meeting (11/08 @ 3PM CST)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Greetings!

I have been reading the forums, listening to people and talking 1 on 1 with a few. We are working to bring Herocraft back to its active glory and have several things we will be fixing. We will not only work on bringing old content back up to speed but we will also be further tweaking new content (towns / bosses / minions / strongboxes).

Community Feedback Meeting (11/08 @ 3PM CST)
Place: Teamspeak3 (Herocraft: Meeting Channel - only mods+ can speak in the beginning)

I would like to respectfully ask all of you to keep the name calling, personal attacks and such to a minimum. We are all here because we like Minecraft and Herocraft. We hope to appeal to all of you, fairly.

I want Herocraft to be great, I want the community to thrive, I want all facets of gameplay to be available and useful. I want everyone to play this server because they respect it as the oldest server on Minecraft today still running.

Full transparency is important here. Not everyone is gungho about Minecraft, not everyone wants Herocraft to succeed. We will be promoting more staff members, having more meetings and ensuring the issues that people are address come to fruition as resolute.

Thanks for reading and understanding.

Solutions/100% certainties;
  • Lost Soul - think we agreed this was going to go, letting people choose class in tutorial.
These were discussed in the meeting;
  • Event Team rework - or more events.
  • Mob Arena
  • Economy - @downfall325 please post your ideas below
  • People want more content that involves people playing as a group - linking to mobs/stuff to do
  • Adventure/Back to Basics patch (not coming for a while)
  • Mythic Mobs - fixes
  • Balance - getting this pushed to live
  • Reducing level severity - making lower classes able to stand up to higher ones
  • Removing attributes - having set attributes to help new players
  • Custom Items - going hand in hand with removing attributes, adds stats to your char
  • Durability on items such as blaze-rods, music discs
  • Samurai - following balance patches
  • Anti-Camp - features (this needs to be adjusted/balanced but would help prevent camping)
  • Give more incentive to professions - underplayed ones like farmer/runesmtih/merchant
  • Fix Central - give more incentive for trade, to spaced out
  • Townships 3.0

Last edited:

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
Nice to see the effort and dedication is there!

Good job Kainzo and the rest of the staff!

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
Could someone please take down some bullet points about this meeting for those of us who can not be there due to other obligations.

Thank you in advance!

Xhazed

Portal
Would putting together pve and pvp how multi says make it better or worse than JUST disconecting pvp and pve?

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
Just to say, I will be turning up to that community meeting (if I remember) unless you all hate me that much you do not want me to go ;)

-mc

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I'll probably be there since my 2 hockey games got cancelled

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
Well, it would be better if somebody else said it, as I am stupid and dumb and do not really understand the question :p

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
The question was would it be more beneficial to merge pvp/pve or keep them both separate while disallowing lvls and items to cross over. At this point i think merging may be the only option from a numbers point of view.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Looks like I won't be able to make most of the meeting, I have relatives visiting for my dad's birthday. I'll try to drop in later

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This is happening in 5 ish minutes. Everyone will be able to chat in Ts3 Meeting Channel via type - only mods+ will speak. I'm extremely under the weather and just woke up myself.

MalaWolf

ICE ICE ICE!
Solutions/100% certainties;
  • Lost Soul - think we agreed this was going to go, letting people choose class in tutorial.
These were discussed in the meeting;
  • Event Team rework - or more events.
  • Mob Arena
  • Economy - @downfall325 please post your ideas below
  • People want more content that involves people playing as a group - linking to mobs/stuff to do
  • Adventure/Back to Basics patch (not coming for a while)
  • Mythic Mobs - fixes
  • Balance - getting this pushed to live
  • Reducing level severity - making lower classes able to stand up to higher ones
  • Removing attributes - having set attributes to help new players
  • Custom Items - going hand in hand with removing attributes, adds stats to your char
  • Durability on items such as blaze-rods, music discs
  • Samurai - following balance patches
  • Anti-Camp - features (this needs to be adjusted/balanced but would help prevent camping)
  • Give more incentive to professions - underplayed ones like farmer/runesmtih/merchant
  • Fix Central - give more incentive for trade, to spaced out
  • Townships 3.0

I am missing a lot, please post below or message me so I can add it to this post

economy- server vendors I'd like to see a few added. When we did our profession specific patch it was a great idea at the time, an active server with numerous people of the same profession on at the same time, it was never hard to get a repair, enchanted armor, enchanted bows, godpicks, etc. With the lack of shops in trade, and the ones that are in trade are out of stock it makes it incredibly hard for the new members of the server to get up and going.. Even myself i find it frustrating that its practically impossible to purchase a god shovel or axe. I suggest the server vendors sell the basic enchanted tools, possibly repairs at a higher than average price, i believe this will give incentive for the new merchants/ enchanters/ blacksmiths to undercut the server for actual sales yet when no one is on it gives someone the option to obtain essential services. With set prices its much easier to regulate the economy inflation.

Last edited: