• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Resolving Issues -- Community Feedback Meeting (11/08 @ 3PM CST)

downfall325

Legacy Supporter 6
economy- server vendors I'd like to see a few added. When we did our profession specific patch it was a great idea at the time, an active server with numerous people of the same profession on at the same time, it was never hard to get a repair, enchanted armor, enchanted bows, godpicks, etc. With the lack of shops in trade, and the ones that are in trade are out of stock it makes it incredibly hard for the new members of the server to get up and going.. Even myself i find it frustrating that its practically impossible to purchase a god shovel or axe. I suggest the server vendors sell the basic enchanted tools, possibly repairs at a higher than average price, i believe this will give incentive for the new merchants/ enchanters/ blacksmiths to undercut the server for actual sales yet when no one is on it gives someone the option to obtain essential services. With set prices its much easier to regulate the economy inflation.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I was sleeping from after a party :/ annoying I missed it.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
So I missed the meeting, but I listend to the youtube version so i have a few questions that were not mentioned ( I think)

• Residences
    • Will they be staying? What I see from residences is that they take a lot away from towns. I feel like they are should be removed to make people team up with others.
  • Noble Plots
    • Will theses be staying as well? I feel like noble plots are just dumb. I have one myself and they are way to overpowered because no one can steal you stuff practically unless you leave everything unlocked. They are also very cheap spanning from 1.2k each to 4k each. Along with this is are so many of them making towns more less important.
    • And did I mention they have no tax!?
  • More to come.
@Kainzo
EDIT
WHy am I getting a disagree for putting forth a question and facts? This is what this thread is for....

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
So I missed the meeting, but I listend to the youtube version so i have a few questions that were not mentioned ( I think)

• Residences
    • Will they be staying? What I see from residences is that they take a lot away from towns. I feel like they are should be removed to make people team up with others.
  • Noble Plots
    • Will theses be staying as well? I feel like noble plots are just dumb. I have one myself and they are way to overpowered because no one can steal you stuff practically unless you leave everything unlocked. They are also very cheap spanning from 1.2k each to 4k each. Along with this is are so many of them making towns more less important.
  • More to come.
@Kainzo
I agree. I feel like none of the serious players have really lived in a town for a while. I think residences should be removed, and only keep the 25k and up spawn plots.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree. I feel like none of the serious players have really lived in a town for a while. I think residences should be removed, and only keep the 25k and up spawn plots.
i disagree, players like myself don't usually join towns and i don't want to. I like having a spawn plot and nothing should change with that, however i dont think having 1.2k plots is a good thing, but i dont think it should be 25k+ either.

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
Word the last time I lived in a town was in start of Bastion

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
  • Residences
  • Noble Plots

As a dedicated town resident, I've watched the towns empty out as soon as noble plots have been released, for the last 3 maps. Residences, in the form they've been available this map (certainly on PvE, lol, and on PvP before TNT came in) have made a joke of the server message that says (approximately): Join a town for greater security.

So, towns haven't been working this map too well. And we have the most vocal voices here saying they can't be bothered with towns - ie the people who are still around.

Seems pretty straightforward - easy access to pers res's and noble plots = death knell for towns.

So which is it to be? Game mechanics that encourage players to group together in towns? Or not? What's that Bill Cosby quote about success and failure and trying to please everybody?

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
If most of the stuff being spoken about is going to be put in/changed, then I personally think a fresh map would do wonders once everything is ready. Yes, the maps may contain much materials, but it also contains a lot of griefing, abandoned structures, and memories that personally prevent me from wanting to play. I would prefer a fresh start again to create new memories in a new world. Now when I say this, I don't care about having a new spawn or using an old one, rather, I would just prefer a new map with fresh surface terrain and stuff that won't remind me of the past as much.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Residences for donors do sometimes negatively impact towns. However as a T6 donor I have always used my region to help towns. Generally speaking I have set up my region in the center of what will be town, before the town can afford regions. The same can be said of my donor lwcs.

In some maps when I couldn't find a town I would set it up as a safe area and build an unprotected town around it. Towns have always been my first option.

What has killed towns is not in my opinion personal regions. Rather what has happened is that donors and dedicated players have fled to their private regions as towns have become less desirable. Why have towns become less desirable?
Firstly they have become ungodly expensive.
Second as staff has become less interested in policing town theft, people have been more reluctant to hide their belongings there.
Thirdly, and one of the main reasons, the ability to build and live in pve and come to PvP only for raiding. 1 day into a new map you will be camped ad nauseum trying to build anything on PvP. Very few of the PvP towns made any attempts to build anything nice.
Townships 3.0, as I have heard it described does not at all sound desirable for someone of my play style. This means that if I were to return I would be using mine and my friends regions to build something for ourselves that fits the way we play. If regions are removed and T3.0 remains unchanged I simply won't return. I do not think I am alone in this sentiment.

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
Could I just ask something,
Could a community meeting be made into a regular thing, like once a fortnight or once a month?

I feel it will help, a tad :)

Edit 1: I know he said they would prob have another in a month, but I would like a solid date, like the 8th of every month.